Match Thread: August 6, 2022 - Forge v HFX Wanderers

52 minutes ago, gator said:

It is going to be a hot one at Tim Hortons Field today, smart substitutions will be crucial I think and I think it is fair to say that Forge have lots of options, the $5 beers are going to be essential as well!

30 degrees (feels like 40) at kickoff in Hamilton. The turf will feel even hotter.

Who at the CPL thought scheduling an early August game at the hottest time of the day was a good idea?

9 hours ago, grasshopper1917 said:

There is almost literally no one at this game.

You are overstating things a bit but it's definitely well short of what they were hoping for when the team launched. The question mark is always how many are in the mezzanine levels on the other side:

Only adds a few hundred on the tickets scanned number for this game by the looks of things.

Edited by Ozzie_the_parrot

I know several people who normally sit in the East stands who have upgraded their ticket the last 2 matches to sit out of the sun on the west side, people can bitch about attendance all they want it is easy from the comfort of your keyboard in A/C, how about a little recognition for those of us who braved the oppressive heat in blazing sun and actually showed up?

Kind of difficult to show up if you are not within easy driving distance of the stadium. I was at pretty much every game the London Lasers ever played in the CSL back in 1990 and 1992 including on occasion in oppressive heat or torrential rain so I've done my share of supporting domestic Canadian pro soccer when I was within easy driving distance.

Not expecting a pat on the back for having done so because nobody was forcing me to be there and I was never under any obligation to do so. Ultimately it winds up meaning diddlysquat in the larger scheme of things if the league isn't configured in a way that is going to be sustainable so questions need to be asked why the Forge are choosing these kickoff times at this time of year and what can be done to better promote these games.

Edited by Ozzie_the_parrot

2 hours ago, gator said:

I know several people who normally sit in the East stands who have upgraded their ticket the last 2 matches to sit out of the sun on the west side, people can bitch about attendance all they want it is easy from the comfort of your keyboard in A/C, how about a little recognition for those of us who braved the oppressive heat in blazing sun and actually showed up?

The heat was definitely disgusting, the lineups for the water refill station were busy the entire game and loads of people heading into the concourse for breaks. Regardless, I didn't feel like attendance was any less than usual from the stands.

Meanwhile on twitter people grasp that they are being forced to bake needlessly on days like this rather than being placed on the side of the lower bowl with the shade that was also open back in 2019. Timing and optics of Onesoccer broadcasts more important than the gameday experience of the bulk of the season ticket holder base?