Malcolm Simmons

• 6 months later...

Started the season opener for Whitecaps 2. I continue to be impressed with him. He's big and fast. He wins the ball, controls it and progresses it very smoothly. He's got a hard shot from range. Never seems to be out of position. Played the full 90 next to Badwal and those two absolutely dominated the midfield. Think a young Mark-Anthony Kaye type. 

At this rate, very much see Simmons up with the MLS team before the year is done. 

6 hours ago, Footyeh said:

Was a fan of this player in his brief apps last season.  He was with the 1st team for a portion of preseason but played as a wingback before being sent home.  I think he has a role in the 1st team as CM depth.  

So he in theory should be ready for sub/starter minutes next year.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2024 at 7:46 PM, Northvansteve said:

Started the season opener for Whitecaps 2. I continue to be impressed with him. He's big and fast. He wins the ball, controls it and progresses it very smoothly. He's got a hard shot from range. Never seems to be out of position. Played the full 90 next to Badwal and those two absolutely dominated the midfield. Think a young Mark-Anthony Kaye type. 

At this rate, very much see Simmons up with the MLS team before the year is done. 

I thought your praise of Simmons was a little over the top after match #1, but I'm coming around to your side after match #2. I thought he was the best player on the pitch on Saturday.

On 3/16/2024 at 1:50 PM, Kadenge said:

Just bumping this post & video last year by @phresh  for those who have never seen this player in a game before.

Ouuuhhhh, this does look like an interesting piece for our midfield.  Thanks for sharing.  I'll keep following this guy.

On 3/15/2024 at 10:46 PM, Northvansteve said:

Nice summary.  Please continue to update this thread with your post-game thoughts for those who don't follow Whitecaps 2.