• No
  2. 2. Who should Replace Him ?

• Scott Mitchell
    • Craig Forrest
    • Ralph Krueger
    • Karren Brady
    • Another Former Player
    • Mark Cohon
    • Someone else ( list a name in the comments)
  3. 3. Should The CSA Presidency be a paid position

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/08/2022 at 04:00 AM

7 minutes ago, king1010 said:

poll needs an option in question 2 that correlates with not wanting bontis fired, as it is only options on question 2 assume you want him fired from question 1. 

Great point ! I missed that ! Sorry I honestly don’t know how to edit, if I could. 

Scott Mitchell- head of the CSB and Hamilton T-Cats

Craig Forrest- CSA Player Legend

Ralph Krueger - Former Chairman - Southampton FC - former NHL and International Head Coach- Member, Global Agenda Council on New Models of Leadership, World economic forum

Karen Brady - Vice Chair of West Ham United FC - UK House of Lords, wife of former CSA player Paul Peschisolido

Mark Cohon - Former CFL commissioner ( arguably one of the best) - former McDonald’s Canada executive, chairman of the Canadian Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences

For me I want someone who has a vision and plan, someone who can relate with the players and work with them, someone who knows business and the media. 
i do believe the President position needs to be a paid position. They are head of Sports Organization. The number ? I don’t know 

I think Mark Cohon or Ralph would perfect for the role

Mark- he helped Grow the CFL - got the TSN tv deal, guided the CFL through 2 labour negotiations. He worked with sports marketing at the NBA. Was at Macdonalds. He’s great with the media. But not a soccer guy that we know of.

Ralph - he knows how to handle players, becoming a chairman of a premier league team, ran it for 5 years. Understands European football. Part of World economic form- smart guy, understand business and football business 

Edited by SpecialK

In the future I would think Atiba simply for the respect everyone has for him, but maybe just as a board member not the president.

Will throw out another name. Tesho Akindele. He is a respected MLS veteran and was a sought after dual. He has also completed a degree in engineering, and I believe is working on a masters degree in finance. He is likely looking for career opportunities once he is retired from soccer.

Edited by Stryker911

Not sure who to think of as an adequate replacement. I think some of the names brought up are interesting, but a lot of them I look at as lacking the wholistic set of qualifications needed to be a good federation president. They may be good at one angle but lacking in another.

One candidate that could be an interesting one could be someone like John Chayka, former Arizona Coyotes GM who most recently has been involved in trying to purchase Saint-Ettiene in Ligue 1 and Standard Liege before that. Before some shady things occurred with the Coyotes, he was widely regarded as a unique mind due to his innovative thought processes and use of analytics. He's young enough that he could serve for some time, he has experience in management, and clearly has an interest in soccer.