Canada vs New Zealand - Tuesday, October 26 - 7:30pm Eastern / 4:30pm Pacific - Montreal

Victory Tour - Match #2
Canada vs New Zealand
Tuesday, October 26th
7:30pm Eastern / 4:30pm Pacific
Stade Saputo, Montréal
Broadcast: ONESoccer
Tickets: Section 132 - will edit when more info is available
https://canadasoccer.com/fr/news/canada-soccer-annonce-les-matchs-de-la-tournee-de-celebration-de-lequipe-nationale-feminine-a-ottawa-et-montreal/

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

• Olympique_de_Marseille changed the title to Canada vs New Zealand - Tuesday, October 26 - 7:30pm Eastern / 4:30pm Pacific - Montreal

The tickets are handled by Impact/CFM and they have blocked purchases from anyone who used to have a club season tickets in the now-closed supporters section 132 of Stade Saputo.
We're trying to figure out what we can do about this.

Edited by spinrack

58 minutes ago, spinrack said:

The tickets are handled by Impact/CFM and they have blocked purchases from anyone who used to have a club season tickets in the now-closed supporters section 132 of Stade Saputo.
We're trying to figure out what we can do about this.

That is crazy, hopefully it can be sorted out. I am pretty sure not everyone in 132 were disturbers. 

42 minutes ago, Cblake said:

That is crazy, hopefully it can be sorted out. I am pretty sure not everyone in 132 were disturbers. 

Of course not... and anyway this is a mid-week women's friendly against a non-rival.  And how much trouble has there ever been in the Voyageurs section of any home match?  Ridiculous.

3 minutes ago, spinrack said:

Of course not... and anyway this is a mid-week women's friendly against a non-rival.  And how much trouble has there ever been in the Voyageurs section of any home match?  Ridiculous.

It’s completely ridiculous, no doubt about that. Completely short sighted. Hopefully a solution is found. 

1 hour ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Incredibly sad! Who or where was this reported? 

Multiple supporters who used to be in that section of Stade Saputo for Impact/CFM games (including myself) have reported on Facebook that we are unable to complete ticket purchases because our payment is rejected.

It is especially frustrating because this includes the main organizers of Voyageurs activity in Montreal, so the supporters section for the upcoming women's game could end up being a shambles.

Edited by spinrack

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, _Vic_ said:

There's been a real lack of coverage in the Montreal newspapers of the game today.

Is that shoddy PR or a political snub?

It's Montreal. We rather have endless conversations on why is the 4th line winger only getting 3 minutes with the Habs. That's a sports conversation in this city. Taking my daughter and one entire side of stadium is completely empty and unsold. Well 95%. 

I have a question.  I know that Canada likes to sub goalies in friendlies, so its first-choice and second-choice goalies get playing time, but has Canada ever subbed in a third-choice goalkeeper?

Just wondering if we should expect to see Erin McLeod playing even as a sub goalie.  I know that usually a third-choice goalie usually doesn't get playing time unless if odds are that both the first and second goalies are injured.  Just checking to see if Canada has ever done anything different?

I am asking because I think Erin McLeod is the only player on the roster who didn't play in Tokyo.  I do sympathize, but at the same time I am not even sure what her performance has been like recently in her club.

On 9/30/2021 at 11:05 AM, Big_M said:

oof late october at saputo..its already 5-10 degrees at night in montreal..imagine in a month

said it from early on...outdoor field late october in montreal is not great...announcer said more than 10k so probably 10-12k 

36 minutes ago, Big_M said:

said it from early on...outdoor field late october in montreal is not great...announcer said more than 10k so probably 10-12k 

Agree.  Plus midweek.  They really missed a chance for Friday night and Sunday game to max sales at least.  

1 hour ago, Ruud said:

Agree.  Plus midweek.  They really missed a chance for Friday night and Sunday game to max sales at least.  

Also missing almost two hundred of the most ardent Montreal soccer supporters, who are currently banned from the stadium (including for this game), can't buy tickets, because they protested against the Impact's change of identity.

Take a look at the Voyageurs section, behind the goal on the right of screen.  Practically empty, when there could have been so much more.  Honestly the CSA should be taking Saputo to task for being petty with their supporters and intentionally hamstringing the home support in this game.

Edited by spinrack

23 hours ago, spinrack said:

Also missing almost two hundred of the most ardent Montreal soccer supporters, who are currently banned from the stadium (including for this game), can't buy tickets, because they protested against the Impact's change of identity.

Take a look at the Voyageurs section, behind the goal on the right of screen.  Practically empty, when there could have been so much more.  Honestly the CSA should be taking Saputo to task for being petty with their supporters and intentionally hamstringing the home support in this game.