Match Thread: July 18, 2021 - Valour v York United

20 minutes ago, jonovision said:

Valour have had more than a bit of good fortune in some of their earlier wins, but York were comprehensively beaten. It will interesting to see how things go if AJB is out long term.

York may be in trouble.

Looks like the top 4 teams are beginning to separate from the bottom 4

23 minutes ago, jonovision said:

Valour have had more than a bit of good fortune in some of their earlier wins, but York were comprehensively beaten. It will interesting to see how things go if AJB is out long term.

York may be in trouble.

I club like this with all the talent in the GTA should be fighting for the championship not struggling to just make the playoffs, when is this owner who has bucks look at the general manager and head coach and show them the door ? It’s season three now and this team is no better and shows no signs of improving.

17 minutes ago, SoccMan said:

I club like this with all the talent in the GTA should be fighting for the championship not struggling to just make the playoffs, when is this owner who has bucks look at the general manager and head coach and show them the door ? It’s season three now and this team is no better and shows no signs of improving.

It’s season one with the youngest team the Can PL has season, they’re building with the kids. 

6 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Building with kids?? As a TFC fan I dont understand this...please elaborate.

Ahahah, well the good folks at York have decided to give a core of young players a chance to play, the hope is that they develop, win and are sold for a profit. It’s a new concept, could be revolutionary.

16 hours ago, narduch said:

Looks like the top 4 teams are beginning to separate from the bottom 4

Well the difference between Valour and the rest is just one point more than the difference between the 2nd place team and the last. So I'd say it looks like the top team is beginning to separate from the rest. 

Just a way of describing it, I guess. I don't believe that Valour will run away with it, once they have to travel. But I would agree that the two or three worst teams in the league this year will be from amongst the bottom four right now.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

12 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

Ahahah, well the good folks at York have decided to give a core of young players a chance to play, the hope is that they develop, win and are sold for a profit. It’s a new concept, could be revolutionary.

I’ll repeat been saying since day 1 they have the wrong coach at the helm until he is gone this team is going nowhere.