Canadian player soccer cards

dyslexic nam

38 minutes ago, mtroads said:

Not quite ready to trade stickers for completing the book, as I've got another box to work through with the family, but pulled a green variant of one of the Japanese goalies (Kawashima). I've been out of collecting so long, how do you go about valuing this? I remember Beckett being the go to, but they don't seem to have any data on it yet.

Depends a ton on the player.  I searched for “green Qatar sticker” and there are a bunch in the sold listings.  

B65D03F6-797A-4787-8B84-33CD8F09373C.png

332E466A-4F5F-41CD-B416-5EEED4B79C73.png

CA6B16F1-9D5F-4332-AD56-4F72429D5260.png

1 hour ago, narduch said:

Is there a good site to try to gauge the value of cards?

I'm trying to make a trade for the Canada Adrenalyn cards but have no idea what they are even worth.

I use eBay sold listings almost exclusively.  They can vary so I will look at the most recent sales - it gives you a good idea of where the market is at.  And at the risk of stating the obvious, don’t just go by current listings because some people use EBay to list products way over market value   

Adrenalyn cards aren’t usually high value so def check the markets.   

9 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I use eBay sold listings almost exclusively.  They can vary so I will look at the most recent sales - it gives you a good idea of where the market is at.  And at the risk of stating the obvious, don’t just go by current listings because some people use EBay to list products way over market value   

Adrenalyn cards aren’t usually high value so def check the markets.   

Thanks.

Looks like I might be able to get each one for 3 Blue border stickers. Which I'm ok with.

I managed to get 8 Canada Adrenalyn cards for 1 Topps Nations League + 15 Panini blue border parallels.

Edited by narduch

On 10/27/2022 at 8:16 PM, Jedi Ram said:

Panini Prizm Checklist is out... 

https://www.cardboardconnection.com/2022-panini-prizm-world-cup-qatar-cards

19 Canadian cards to collect (base + inserts). But no autographs. 

It's sort of an interesting list to look over.  No surprises there's lots of Davies/David options, but Ugbo being on the team and Kamal Miller getting a specialty card are interesting.

On 10/31/2022 at 4:15 PM, narduch said:

Someone in the US offered these to me for blue parallels. Now I'm trying to collect the full set for Canada.

Apparently it's an online only Gold edition that was available early.

Correct...there is also International Editon (blue), Latin America Edition (orange) and Swiss Oynx Edition (burgundy). These have no borders.  Whereas USA edition has borders white, blue, gold, red, green, purple and black. Gold is on par or slightly below Red.

I have collected all 3 editions plus white.  Not sure if pursuing blue, gold and red would be worth.  I am saving my money and going after Prizm cards.  Tomorrow is the release date, the hobby boxes sold out today online at $720 bottom price (dutch auction).  There is a general consensus on forums and social media that this product will be overproduced.

8 minutes ago, Jedi Ram said:

Tomorrow is the release date, the hobby boxes sold out today online at $720 bottom price (dutch auction).  There is a general consensus on forums and social media that this product will be overproduced.

I'm generally just interested in the Canadian players, so "overproduction of cards" is exactly what I wanted to hear.

1 hour ago, Jedi Ram said:

Correct...there is also International Editon (blue), Latin America Edition (orange) and Swiss Oynx Edition (burgundy). These have no borders.  Whereas USA edition has borders white, blue, gold, red, green, purple and black. Gold is on par or slightly below Red.

I have collected all 3 editions plus white.  Not sure if pursuing blue, gold and red would be worth.  I am saving my money and going after Prizm cards.  Tomorrow is the release date, the hobby boxes sold out today online at $720 bottom price (dutch auction).  There is a general consensus on forums and social media that this product will be overproduced.

I actually think the North American version (white borders) are the ugliest of all the versions. And the parallels are annoying. And for the most part the parallels have little value (like a Saudia Arabia blue or red is nearly useless).

I completed the full sticker album with my son. But I'm also trying to collect just Canada in blue (I finished today), red (need about 11 more) and gold (need 14 more).

I'm like Watchmen, I only want the Canada cards from Prizm (and Adrenalyn for that matter).

2 hours ago, doobs_13 said:

Anyone ever do group breaks before? How was the process? Did you lose money? Is it worth it?

Thanks

I just won an eBay auction for a small break and grabbed Tajon.  I have done MLS breaks before with pretty mediocre results but this one was cheap so I figured I would give it a whirl.  Maybe I get a Buchanan parallel. 

20 minutes ago, Watchmen said:

How exactly do the breaks work?  I was looking at that.

The person running the break buys a set amount of sealed product from a specified set - a box, a case, or multiples of either.  They then sell or auction spots in the break - either for a specific player or a specific team.  Then they open all the packs and broadcast the pack openings via livestream.  The person who bought the spots for the team/player gets all cards of that team/player that the break-runner pulls out of those packs.  So it is a bit of a lottery - you can get a 1/1 card for a great price or you can get nothing at all or maybe a base or two.  Some breaks only ship “hits” (parallels and inserts but no base cards ship) or some ship them all (hits plus base) - that should be specified up front.   

Edited by dyslexic nam