Canadian player soccer cards

dyslexic nam

4 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

It is just the player card - one per team.  

I have been asked if I am putting in an order.  I am not 100% sure if I will order this one if it is just the player card.  The Davies card will be sold for another 10 days so there is time to potentially order after the group stage in case more Canada cards get added.  

Not trying to dissuade anyone else from ordering for themselves or doing a group order - just what I am thinking right now.  

They don`t even have the picture for it yet.

14 minutes ago, Rougeisthecolour said:

I understand that these cards hold little value but they will be nice to add to my sports card collection. I wouldn’t mind framing them up somehow. I paid $3 each including shipping on eBay. Total cost for the lot $39CDN

86D0B398-B8EA-442E-A08D-0BBB6455CBE3.jpeg

DAB24C99-88A4-40DC-A3C0-50BFF3419184.jpeg

Nice!

I need 3 more to complete the set.

I almost considered buying a box of packs and trying to complete it that way. 

10 minutes ago, Rougeisthecolour said:

Have you found boxes for sale at sports card shops? What is the cost per box? I know dollarama was selling the sticker packs last World Cup. I wouldn’t mind some stickers too. 

There's a guy on Kijiji in the GTA selling boxes for $85. No taxes. 192 cards in a box.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-art-collectibles/mississauga-peel-region/panini-adrenalyn-xl-fifa-world-cup-qatar-2022-cards/1637701121

Edited by narduch

10 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

It is just the player card - one per team.  

I have been asked if I am putting in an order.  I am not 100% sure if I will order this one if it is just the player card.  The Davies card will be sold for another 10 days so there is time to potentially order after the group stage in case more Canada cards get added.  

Not trying to dissuade anyone else from ordering for themselves or doing a group order - just what I am thinking right now.  

I thought of ordering for myself until I saw the shipping price... Yikes.

Not sure yet on these cards, but for investment value it is a good deal, for collectors side dunno depending on their budget. 

12 hours ago, Jedi Ram said:

I thought of ordering for myself until I saw the shipping price... Yikes.

Not sure yet on these cards, but for investment value it is a good deal, for collectors side dunno depending on their budget. 

I doubt they are great investments (in terms of expected increases in value) to be honest.  The Prizm cards set the standard for the WC and anyone who has a WC rookie or low #’d parallel in that set would have good value there. Plus if you look historically at Panini instant or Topps Now, they don’t generally have a ton of value unless they are a clear and obvious first card.  That is why the Kone card was snapped up in high numbers - if he moves, it could be another year or two before he has an official “RC” rookie card and thus the TN card would be his first one by a long shot.  In terms of the current Panini Instant cards, something like the less collectible version of a Davies card (that is like his hundredth overall card) probably doesn’t have much expected value IMO.  Even a card commemorating our team’s first goal or first win (please baby Jesus, please) would be pretty niche and largely collectible only to CMNT fans.  

All just my $0.02 of course.   

5 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

Doesn’t look like Canada’s first ever goal at the WC warrants a Panini Instant entry.   The latest ones are about to be released and there are multiple iterations of a Gavi card (including signed and unsigned 1/1s) but no card for us - at least at this point.  

That sees odd, especially since it was Davies who scored it.

4 hours ago, Jedi Ram said:

Cause they are behind like a week... If you look closely on the card it's from November 23...so I would say maybe a week or 10 days from now they released it. 

Good catch.  I didn’t look that closely so totally missed that.  Fingers crossed that we get something in a few days.  If we do get a Phonzie goal card, I will probably be putting an order in. 

16 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

Good catch.  I didn’t look that closely so totally missed that.  Fingers crossed that we get something in a few days.  If we do get a Phonzie goal card, I will probably be putting an order in. 

I am in for a card #57 and also for the base card #6. 

6 minutes ago, Jedi Ram said:

I am in for a card #57 and also for the base card #6. 

Shit, I didn’t even check today so missed any chance at a /5.  Since the other ones were Nov 23rd cards I figured we had a few days.

Ok, will have to think this through. Given the high shipping and crap exchange rate, I will need to figure out the cost per cards (which are $10 USD each) once shipping from PEI is factored in.  

EDIT - cost goes down a lot of multiples are orders so if we can get a few people in on it the cost may be reasonable.  

Edited by dyslexic nam

22 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Shit, I didn’t even check today so missed any chance at a /5.  Since the other ones were Nov 23rd cards I figured we had a few days.

Ok, will have to think this through. Given the high shipping and crap exchange rate, I will need to figure out the cost per cards (which are $10 USD each) once shipping from PEI is factored in.  

EDIT - cost goes down a lot of multiples are orders so if we can get a few people in on it the cost may be reasonable.  

I'm in if you do it.

Honestly I am on the fence.  I have a US address I use for eBay and I can get cards sent there for $6.40 USD.  Even when you factor in the $2/card fee I get charged, I am not sure it is worth it to do a big order here.  Given the shipping cost we would have to have at least 10 people in on an order.    

FWIW, you can get the card delivered to a Canadian address for $15 via eBay.  I doubt we could get a lower cost as a group here just given the volume of cards that I have ordered through Topps in the past.  

31 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I’m in!

33 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Honestly I thought we had a few days too... Only found out when I saw the panini email... I blame Panini for not being more consistent in releasing the cards and lack of notice.