Canadian player soccer cards

dyslexic nam

On 11/11/2022 at 10:55 AM, dyslexic nam said:

Good luck.  I haven’t had great luck in breaks but plan to get a couple spots in some Prizm breaks.   

Thanks... 

I got 2 Osorio and a Larin... Just base cards.  Been checking out other box breaks and very often exceeds my budget... 

Maybe hopefully we get a chance to buy Canada singles, but haven't seen any yet - base cards that is. 

29 minutes ago, narduch said:

I'm trying to understand the World Cup Prizm FOTL boxes.

Aren't they eventually going to be mass produced and sold in stores at a reasonable price? With the exact same cards?

Not sure what they are.  Let me know if you find out.  

34 minutes ago, Jedi Ram said:

Thanks... 

I got 2 Osorio and a Larin... Just base cards.  Been checking out other box breaks and very often exceeds my budget... 

Maybe hopefully we get a chance to buy Canada singles, but haven't seen any yet - base cards that is. 

I was in one yesterday and got 3 base Tajon Prizm.  Considering what I paid I am okay with that.  

Edited by dyslexic nam

2 hours ago, narduch said:

I'm trying to understand the World Cup Prizm FOTL boxes.

Aren't they eventually going to be mass produced and sold in stores at a reasonable price? With the exact same cards?

FOTL = First of the Line... It was sold out with hours on Panini website. The cards I won are from FOTL. But honestly, I didn't see the difference between FOTL and regular Prizm cards (on the front, that is) .  I have to examine closely when I get them. 

The "reasonable price" for regular boxes remains at around $700 as I was at the National Sports card @ Toronto this weekend.  They are still on sale at Panini for 430 USD a box. Hence my chase for singles rather. 

@dyslexic nam I am willing to trade Osorio for Tajon.

Edited by Jedi Ram

So after 3 breaks, I almost tripled up on the base cards for Canada. A Jonathan David Global Reach card and 2 Jonathan David Cracked Ice cards. Calculated to about $8 CDN per card including shipping. On the hunt for the Canada Crest card and other inserts. You guys think it’ll be hard to trade for them or is it better to just buy singles?

34 minutes ago, doobs_13 said:

So after 3 breaks, I almost tripled up on the base cards for Canada. A Jonathan David Global Reach card and 2 Jonathan David Cracked Ice cards. Calculated to about $8 CDN per card including shipping. On the hunt for the Canada Crest card and other inserts. You guys think it’ll be hard to trade for them or is it better to just buy singles?

I have found buying singles to be the most economical - but then you don’t get the lottery of maybe hitting a rare parallel.  

I got in on a case break for Alistair Johnston where every card of Johnston ships. Problem is that they skip through 90% of the cards and only show the hits, so I have no way of knowing how many Johnston base cards I received until they magically show up in my mailbox.

Not impressed with that. I guess that just confirms that buying on the secondary market is the way to go.

9 minutes ago, shermanator said:

I got in on a case break for Alistair Johnston where every card of Johnston ships. Problem is that they skip through 90% of the cards and only show the hits, so I have no way of knowing how many Johnston base cards I received until they magically show up in my mailbox.

Not impressed with that. I guess that just confirms that buying on the secondary market is the way to go.

Yeah I found that annoying in my Tajon break as well.  He did start quickly flipping through each pack so I knew what to keep an eye out for - this my estimate of 3 base hits. 

28 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I have found buying singles to be the most economical - but then you don’t get the lottery of maybe hitting a rare parallel.  

That’s true. Maybe I can trade a team set for an insert once the dust settles. 

15 minutes ago, spitfire said:

Sorry silly question. Do you thin panini will update the cards to reflect the whole squad now? Just wondering. Thx

I know the sticker albums have been updated after every World Cup. Don’t know about the cards though. 

20 minutes ago, spitfire said:

Sorry silly question. Do you thin panini will update the cards to reflect the whole squad now? Just wondering. Thx

I doubt it.  Panini didn’t even update the Road to Qatar set to include Canada when we were leading the region and it was clear we were going to qualify.   It has been pointed out to me more than once that they (and Topps) are solely in the business of making money - and unfortunately adding a few more Canadians wouldn’t even move the needle on sales.  Plus the sets aren’t exhaustive of all players anyway - so I am pretty sure that what we have now is what we get.   

I think you and Liam will need to be content with his Match Attax card :) 

210E73B0-71F2-4C04-B67B-12CA09726CA6.jpeg

Edited by dyslexic nam

1 minute ago, dyslexic nam said:

I doubt it.  Panini didn’t even update the Road to Qatar set to include Canada when we were leading the region and it was clear we were going to qualify.   It has been pointed out to me more than once that that (and Topps) are solely in the business of making money and unfortunately adding a few more Canadians wouldn’t even move the needle on sales.  Plus the sets aren’t exhaustive of all players anyway - so I am pretty sure that what we have now is what we get.   

I think you and Liam will need to be content with his Match Attax card :) 

E3248F70-9370-4A9F-A44D-CA4F36E8C2A5.jpeg

I do have that one as well as the Charlton one…

On 11/13/2022 at 6:00 PM, dyslexic nam said:

Not sure what they are.  Let me know if you find out.  

I was in one yesterday and got 3 base Tajon Prizm.  Considering what I paid I am okay with that.  

Ok so doing some internet sleuthing I did find blaster boxes on sale at American retail stores. $36.99 for 24 cards (6 packs, 4 per pack).

So I do think these will be available in Canada eventually and they are the same cards from the FOTL boxes.

With the exchange rate that makes the base cards about $2-2.50 each which is a bit steep.

For comparison if you buy a box of Adrenalyn cards they come out to about 45 cents each.