Canadian player soccer cards

dyslexic nam

18 minutes ago, jordan said:

There’s a store near me that has mls cards on clearance, is that a good buy I think Tajon would be in it but it’s still 100 for the case

Tajon doesn’t have current cards.  He has some in the Bowman set (which was print on demand) and in 2 different Topps Now (also PoD). He doesn’t have cards in any of the main sets.   

If it is the current season cards, the Canadian content is really bad.  There are a few young Canadians (Nelson and JMR from TFC) but they aren’t rookies (both also from the Bowman set) and there isn’t much else in that set.  

If they are cheap it may be worth grabbing in case you get some sort of unlikely Canadian hit.  Or you could trade with other MLS guys (there is a FB group that is pretty active).  But it really depends how cheap you can get them.  

Edited by dyslexic nam

On 10/11/2022 at 2:45 PM, Approve My Account Pls said:

Anyone looking to make a trade shoot me a message, based in the Toronto area and already met up with a few of you, just 75 away from my set 🤞🏽

I`m down to 14 if all my mail trades come in!

Thanks for the trade by the way.

Edited by narduch

5 hours ago, narduch said:

Ok so what`s the difference between Adrenalyn and Prizm?

Adrenalyn is cheap looking set that doesn’t hold a lot of value on the resale market.   Prism is a top tier set that is always collectible and which collectors will prioritize over a set like Adrenalyn.  

If you bare collecting the Canada cards for nostalgia and a keepsake , the Adrenalyn is fine.   But if you want something that will have value to other collectors, Prizm is the way to go.   

52 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Adrenalyn is cheap looking set that doesn’t hold a lot of value on the resale market.   Prism is a top tier set that is always collectible and which collectors will prioritize over a set like Adrenalyn.  

If you bare collecting the Canada cards for nostalgia and a keepsake , the Adrenalyn is fine.   But if you want something that will have value to other collectors, Prizm is the way to go.   

Thanks. 

Going to try to grab all the Canadian cards from both

Prizm has like 15 parallels 🤯 !!!

So the base card set has 3 parallels = Hyper, Silver and Pink   Then you get semi-base = Silver ?

Am I reading this right ???   

PARALLEL: 2022 Panini Prizm FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 - Silver (2:1 box)
PARALLEL: 2022 Panini Prizm FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 - Hyper
PARALLEL: 2022 Panini Prizm FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 - Ice
PARALLEL: 2022 Panini Prizm FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 - Pink
PARALLEL: 2022 Panini Prizm FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 - Red #/399
PARALLEL: 2022 Panini Prizm FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 - Blue #/299
PARALLEL: 2022 Panini Prizm FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 - Purple #/199
PARALLEL: 2022 Panini Prizm FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 - Red Mojo #/99
PARALLEL: 2022 Panini Prizm FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 - Blue Mojo #/75
PARALLEL: 2022 Panini Prizm FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 - Purple Mojo #/49
PARALLEL: 2022 Panini Prizm FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 - Orange #/25
PARALLEL: 2022 Panini Prizm FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 - Maroon #/22
PARALLEL: 2022 Panini Prizm FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 - Gold #/10
PARALLEL: 2022 Panini Prizm FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 - Green #/5
PARALLEL: 2022 Panini Prizm FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 - Black 1/1

55 minutes ago, Cblake said:

Onyx Authenticated did a deal with Jonathan David and they are currently selling this card autographed beginning at $100. They are two variation versions. 

Shop All - Onyx Authenticated

Jonathan-David-blue.png

Holy shit that is tempting.  I need to figure out whether or not I can drop that on a card without my wife getting pissed…

Kone’s rookie card ladies and gentlemen.

I am going to be putting in an order for these cards through Topps Now.  If anyone wants one for $10, just message me.  That is shipped in Canada, in a penny sleeve, toploader and plain white envelope.  Because it would be untracked, this option would be at the buyer’s risk.  I could do other shipping options at actual cost, but PWE is usually quite reliable.  After cross border shipping, exchange rate, supplies and postage costs the $10 is pretty much at cost to me.   

I will be placing the order in the next day or two for anyone interested.  

445699B2-AE29-47FA-8138-53A4E63623CA.jpeg

Not quite ready to trade stickers for completing the book, as I've got another box to work through with the family, but pulled a green variant of one of the Japanese goalies (Kawashima). I've been out of collecting so long, how do you go about valuing this? I remember Beckett being the go to, but they don't seem to have any data on it yet.

7 minutes ago, mtroads said:

Not quite ready to trade stickers for completing the book, as I've got another box to work through with the family, but pulled a green variant of one of the Japanese goalies (Kawashima). I've been out of collecting so long, how do you go about valuing this? I remember Beckett being the go to, but they don't seem to have any data on it yet.

Damn the greens are very rare.

I am sort of wondering too.

Maybe do a quick ebay search.

4 minutes ago, narduch said:

Damn the greens are very rare.

I am sort of wondering too.

Maybe do a quick ebay search.

Yeah, I took a quick look. I've seen a couple sites say they're 1:1445 of being pulled. There's one on ebay, but no bids on it at $50. Nothing in the completed listings either. 

2 minutes ago, mtroads said:

Yeah, I took a quick look. I've seen a couple sites say they're 1:1445 of being pulled. There's one on ebay, but no bids on it at $50. Nothing in the completed listings either. 

The issue is these stickers are probably still nearly worthless if the player isn't very popular.

Meanwhile I've seen people try to sell white border Messi for the same amount 

Edited by narduch