Canadian player soccer cards

dyslexic nam

52 minutes ago, narduch said:

Ok so doing some internet sleuthing I did find blaster boxes on sale at American retail stores. $36.99 for 24 cards (6 packs, 4 per pack).

So I do think these will be available in Canada eventually and they are the same cards from the FOTL boxes.

With the exchange rate that makes the base cards about $2-2.50 each which is a bit steep.

For comparison if you buy a box of Adrenalyn cards they come out to about 45 cents each.

Unfortunately, for any sort of value purposes, Adrenalyn are only worth their weight as recyclable paper.  I generally only grab them if they are the rookie for a player (like Liam’s).  Prizm are the set to get if you want to have future resale potential.  Not that I plan to sell my collection - but it would be nice to know that it is building value.  

32 minutes ago, doobs_13 said:

I found a handful of sites in Canada that are selling the Prizm Hobby Boxes but at +$600. Looking for someone to split a box with me is kind of hard at those prices though.

You could always try running a break to recoup some of the cost. Not sure what is involved in getting approved for that sort of thing though.  

On 11/14/2022 at 1:30 PM, doobs_13 said:

So after 3 breaks, I almost tripled up on the base cards for Canada. A Jonathan David Global Reach card and 2 Jonathan David Cracked Ice cards. Calculated to about $8 CDN per card including shipping. On the hunt for the Canada Crest card and other inserts. You guys think it’ll be hard to trade for them or is it better to just buy singles?

That's freaking amazing return ... You should be proud of it ... You would be better off selling Cracked Ice on Ebay and use the proceeds to buy up other inserts...

On 11/14/2022 at 2:04 PM, dyslexic nam said:

I have found buying singles to be the most economical - but then you don’t get the lottery of maybe hitting a rare parallel.  

Singles are on sale on Ebay now, I manage to grab a set from GBP for 25 CDN + shipping...also manage to grab

Davies - Global Reach and Phenomenon

David -  Global Reach and Soccer Scorers

Miller - New Era

Team Badges - Canada

Basically cost me nothing as I managed to sell Messi Cracked Ice Parallel and used the proceeds to buy up the inserts and had some money left over...Overall it was a productive and cost effective week.  As for other inserts - Landmarks and Color Wheel are way too expensive but still looking at National Pride by David not sure of the price range of it yet...  The key is being on constant hunt for it and snap up buying the cards and being patient when bidding.

On 11/14/2022 at 2:34 PM, doobs_13 said:

That’s true. Maybe I can trade a team set for an insert once the dust settles. 

I know the sticker albums have been updated after every World Cup. Don’t know about the cards though. 

Yes they do that, but the problem is where to put those stickers in the album...there is just no space for it...Dunno what's your plan is with them...

3 minutes ago, Jedi Ram said:

Yes they do that, but the problem is where to put those stickers in the album...there is just no space for it...Dunno what's your plan is with them...

I put my extra stickers in regular card sheets. Not sure what else to do with them. Have completed the Canada blue parallels but still need 7 reds. 

Screenshot_20221117-190600_Gallery.jpg

2 hours ago, narduch said:

I put my extra stickers in regular card sheets. Not sure what else to do with them. Have completed the Canada blue parallels but still need 7 reds. 

Screenshot_20221117-190600_Gallery.jpg

Ohhhh, this is what I did instead, I photocopied the Canada 2 pages from the album in colour, and then put the extra stickers in it... 

Went to the West Coast card show today after the game (and at the Langley event center). Managed to get all the base cards for Canada 2022 except for Davies. Wild variance in prices. In hindsight I wish I'd bought a few more Eustaquios from the cheaper dealer. And the only guy who had the Canada shield card wasn't selling it.

48 minutes ago, Watchmen said:

Went to the West Coast card show today after the game (and at the Langley event center). Managed to get all the base cards for Canada 2022 except for Davies. Wild variance in prices. In hindsight I wish I'd bought a few more Eustaquios from the cheaper dealer. And the only guy who had the Canada shield card wasn't selling it.

Assuming this is for the Prizm cards.

Just curious how much you think the base cards are worth 

40 minutes ago, narduch said:

Assuming this is for the Prizm cards.

Just curious how much you think the base cards are worth 

Tough call, as I was buying them in bulk and negotiated some of them down. Basically, I saw them for $5 (most base cards) or $10 (David and Eustaquio) at two locations and but managed to get most of them for about $2-3 at a 3rd location (and Eustaquio and David down to $5 at the other two). No exchange rate or shipping, so that all seemed fair to me.

Edited by Watchmen

It is just the player card - one per team.  

I have been asked if I am putting in an order.  I am not 100% sure if I will order this one if it is just the player card.  The Davies card will be sold for another 10 days so there is time to potentially order after the group stage in case more Canada cards get added.  

Not trying to dissuade anyone else from ordering for themselves or doing a group order - just what I am thinking right now.