Match Thread: July 20, 2019 - Pacific FC v HFX Wanderers

I think González was a subtle factor, and having Staro back and healthy. We still look a bit delicate in defence, and lots of players are not committed to hard defending, but the team has a lot of pluses considering how many teens we are playing. 

All our subs were for injuries: Blasco, Chung, and now I forget the last one. We are rather decimated. I wonder if they could pick up some Highlanders players to help at practice and give a bit of cover.

I was relieved for the win. OneSoccer really has to improve that terrible main camera angle, there is so much glare you cannot really see the plays with any precision, I lose every free kick, corner, shot....

I keep seeing HFX fans trying to argue they are a top team in the league, closer to Forge and Cavs then the rest. I continue to not see that. PFC however is starting to put it together, but they need a bandaid sponsorship man is that team injury prone.

4 minutes ago, Reign said:

I keep seeing HFX fans trying to argue they are a top team in the league, closer to Forge and Cavs then the rest. I continue to not see that. PFC however is starting to put it together, but they need a bandaid sponsorship man is that team injury prone.

They are. The problem is they are managed terribly. Stephen Hart has got to be one of the worst managers in the league. 

1 minute ago, Reign said:

Hard to debate that point currently.

I tend too see it the Cavs, Forge and the rest of the lot all mixed up.

2 hours ago, Ingham said:

They are. The problem is they are managed terribly. Stephen Hart has got to be one of the worst managers in the league. 

I mean that is a pretty important piece of the team. So no they aren’t haha.

2 hours ago, grasshopper1917 said:

Hard to debate that point currently.

I tend too see it the Cavs, Forge and the rest of the lot all mixed up.

Yes I agree. Cavs/Forge are on another level then the rest of the league. None of the other teams have been able to really take a step ahead of the others yet. Valour is cementing theirselves at the bottom however.

1 minute ago, Reign said:

I mean that is a pretty important piece of the team. So no they aren’t haha.

Well yes, but if we are looking at squad quality they have more than enough to challenge for titles, if you ask me.

2 minutes ago, Ingham said:

Well yes, but if we are looking at squad quality they have more than enough to challenge for titles, if you ask me.

I mean maybe ? But the fact is they are a team that struggles to win. People pegged Cavalry as one of the worst teams for player quality going into the season. With many people hitting them with a “pdl” team branding. However Wheeldon is the best manager/coach in the league and that “pdl” team is the top dog. I personally think people were overlooking the Cavalry player quality, but I do think Wheeldon is a huge huge part of their success.

3 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

OneSoccer really has to improve that terrible main camera angle, there is so much glare you cannot really see the plays with any precision, I lose every free kick, corner, shot....

I think you mean MediaPro, they run the cameras don't they?

In either case, the problem is (I think) that they have low camera platforms that are a not going to change until the fourth side gets a stand. That could take years I'm afraid. Until then the angle of the shot and the sun makes for glare. Luckily I only have to watch replays after I get home. ;)

8 hours ago, Reign said:

The camera angle is not really a mediapro fault. The power lines restrict them from raising the camera until the club pays for it to be moved.

Why does it seem like people have already forgotten this?

MediaPro uses scissorlifts at Cavalry games. That's simply not possible at Pacific until the power lines are gone.