Canadians abroad: February 1-7, 2019

DJT

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Vince193 said:

I think he should have scored if Besiktas were this dominant. The fact he didn't doesn't reflect well on an already bad season for him.

He set all three up and hit the woodwork six times but...

yeah I made that up. He might well have contributed to each goal though. 

1 hour ago, Vince193 said:

I think he should have scored if Besiktas were this dominant. The fact he didn't doesn't reflect well on an already bad season for him.

I assume you are talking about Larin.

Despite not scoring he played well from what I saw. Had two chances, one of which he ran at the defender, completed a dribble around him, broke through on goal, but the keeper did well to come out and cut down the angle.

As an aside, Shinji Kagawa (who moved to Besiktas from Borussia Dortmund) made his debut and scored twice in the second half. Kagawa, I think, will really help the team, and hopefully Larin will get more chances and more goals in the second half of the season.

1 hour ago, Vince193 said:

When a team dominates another team it usually looks good on everyone on the pitch. It is possible one player was not as good as the rest but you certainly can not say that if you have not watched the game. He did play a role on the 4th goal also as he and another player were making a break on net and the player with the ball made a not very accurate pass to one of them (hard to tell who he was passing to) and it was intercepted by a defender who made a nice finish into his own net. Lucky goal for sure but Larin did contribute to it and was doing what he should have been doing on the play.

14 minutes ago, shamrock said:

Larin was the first to get subbed into the game. And most goals fel after he entered. Sure he'd like to have scored in a game like this, but you can have a good game without scoring (and vice versa). 

Well, technically it was 3-1 when he came on and the game ended 6-2, but I agree. I would be more worried if he played poorly in those circumstances. 

Really strong XI from Bayern, so at least in that sense it's encouraging for Davies.

McAleny was described by Steve Clarke as a "nine and a half". Dundee are way down the table, so might not see Millar today if Killie get a lead. The good news for Millar is that Ndjoli, who started at striker last match, was utterly useless. The bad news is that Killie have two strikers (Brophy and K. Boyd) who should be returning from injury relatively soon. Wonder where Clarke sees him fitting in the squad, probably has a better chance of minutes out wide.

Arfield picks up a yellow card and goes 86 minutes in a 4-2 win over 3rd place Aberdeen.

Celtic also win, so Rangers remain 6 points behind in 2nd.

Elsewhere in Scotland, Jackson plays 90 for St. Mirren, but they fall 2-1 to Motherwell.

As mentioned above, Liam Millar enters for Kilmarnock in the 76th minute. 

His club now level on points with Aberdeen for 3rd, with both teams on a +12 GD. Both are 5 points back of Rangers.

Archived