Canadians abroad: February 1-7, 2019

DJT

Guidelines for this thread

• In this thread post match updates on all Canadians abroad for February 1-7, 2019.
  • If you find updates posted in some other thread then post them here as well, but be sure to credit the original poster.
  • If there is news that is particularly significant (eg. someone scores a big goal, someone gets injured, etc.) then feel free to begin a new thread on that topic in order to draw greater attention or start a discussion, but also post that news here.
  • Some comments on news posted in this thread are okay, but let's not let this thread go off into a long discussion. If the news already appears in another thread (as per the previous bullet) then post your comments in that other thread, otherwise if you want to say something significant or if it is likely to generate replies then begin a new thread.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, KW519 said:

Liam Millar makes the bench for Kilmarnock. His first appearance in a senior club matchday squad! 

Liam came on in the 78th min to make his senior pro debut! Had on chance on a header vs two cb. I’m biased but looked comfortable eager and added a bit of life to the killie side of the game he made his debut after a medical yesterday and not even trying with the team test. Talk about being thrown in the deep end.!!

14 minutes ago, spitfire said:

Liam came on in the 78th min to make his senior pro debut! Had on chance on a header vs two cb. I’m biased but looked comfortable eager and added a bit of life to the killie side of the game he made his debut after a medical yesterday and not even trying with the team test. Talk about being thrown in the deep end.!!

Looked like he made some good runs but no balls were played. Could definitely just put it up to him having not played enough with the team yet and communication between him and his teammates not quite being there. Hopefully he'll get more minutes in the coming weeks.

14 minutes ago, shamrock said:

He get's a lot of red cards in a position that doesn't warrant it.

I guess it's the Canadian temperament...

He got 1 last season and this is his first one this season. Not sure if that is a lot but with CONCACAF refs Herdman needs to make sure that he is not doing things that will get him carded.

15 minutes ago, shamrock said:

No it's true. He had 2 in one season, I thought it was worse. 

If transfermarkt is correct I only see him getting one in the clausura last year and then the one today  which is also clausura of this year (they haven't listed it yet). In 2016 he got 2 in Uruguay league play (and one in the Copa Sudamericana) if that is what you are referring to but then there are several years he did not get any red cards in.

England

Leutwiler is the back up against Brentford

Friendly

James starts for Midtjylland Against Shanghai SIPG. 2-2 final and looks like he went 90

Borjan started for Crvena against  Ludogorets 

Scotland

Arfield starts against St. Mirren, Jackson starts on the the other side. Jackson was subbed out in the 56th. 90 minutes for Arfield in a 4-0 win

Zanatta starts against Ayr. 90 in a 3-1 loss

Aird starts for Queen of the South against Falkirk. Played 87 in a 3-0 loss

Trafford starts on the bench for ICTFC's match with Partick Thistle. On for the second half down 2-0. Carded in a 2-1 final

2 hours ago, SthMelbRed said:

If anyone finds a good stream for this match, please share a link. Much appreciated.

Reddit soccer streams : Raino's stream i'd post the link but i'm watching on my XBOX

*Jamaican Leon Bailey just tied the match 1-1...hope to see Davies on ahead of Gnabry 

*Kevin Volland puts Leverkusen up 2-1 should see some attacking changes for Bayern 

*Davies replaces James in the 77' minute!!

2 minutes ago, SthMelbRed said:

Realistically needing 2 goals in the last 20 minutes and you reckon that's a bad thing for the exciting, young, attacking talent sitting on the bench, raring to go?

Nah I just wasn't sure if they'd put him on so early as he's one of their less experienced players 

Archived