2018 Voyageurs #CanMNT Player of the Year

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/30/2018 at 3:22 PM, Obinna said:

Winning the Canadian Championship and making it to the Champions League finals and finishing joint top scorer in both competitions and having a career year in MLS Scoring 10 goals and 7 assists and earning a TAM contract making him the 4th highest paid Canadian may explain it....

It what scenario could i vote for a guy who doesnt make my cmnt 11,  probably not my 18, player of the year. CCL was a nice feather in his hat but a straight knockout competition golden boot winner basically comes down to 4 or 5 players.  TFC was so terrible and depleted someone had to score. Osorio is a nifty player and adds depth but i think TFC fans are doing nothing to shake the center of the universe stereotype eith these 1st votes

55 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

It what scenario could i vote for a guy who doesnt make my cmnt 11,  probably not my 18, player of the year. CCL was a nice feather in his hat but a straight knockout competition golden boot winner basically comes down to 4 or 5 players.  TFC was so terrible and depleted someone had to score. Osorio is a nifty player and adds depth but i think TFC fans are doing nothing to shake the center of the universe stereotype eith these 1st votes

Oh boy!!  That makes alot of sense, terrible and depleted teams score and win...just because they have to??  Someone had to score??  Why wasnt it Delgado then?? Or why didnt Ricketts or Jay Chapman pot 10 goals??  Dont put him on your list if you dont want to but dont dump on his accomplishments just because he is TFC.  10 goals from the mid, golden boot in CCL, he had a great year and he deserves to get some votes.  

3 hours ago, SpursFlu said:

@Bison44 summed it up nicely, but also....

@SpursFlu and another thing, he is personally not in my best 11 right now either, but I still voted for him because he had the most impressive season in my opinion. Whether he is in my personal best 11 doesn’t matter. It doesn’t take away from the stellar season he had. I think Arfield is a better player right now, but I think Osorio had a better season. Simple as that.

23 minutes ago, Obinna said:

@SpursFlu and another thing, he is personally not in my best 11 right now either, but I still voted for him because he had the most impressive season in my opinion. Whether he is in my personal best 11 doesn’t matter. It doesn’t take away from the stellar season he had. I think Arfield is a better player right now, but I think Osorio had a better season. Simple as that.

Same for me here.. Osorio isn’t always in my best 11 depending on the tactic and who is available but this is for player of the year and nothing else. 

Have to say things are skewing towards club play this year.  Heavily skewing towards club play, and for good reason.  2019 will be a lot different but until next year...

1).   Milan Borjan

2).  Junior 

3).  Scott Arfield  

Honourable mentions (very strong honourable mentions) to Davies, Osorio & Cavllini.  Brit ball bias coming through.  Sorry, lads. 

1 hour ago, BrennanFan said:

Awesome. Can we get the official Vs account to tweet this to Mr. Zombi himself?

It will be done in the next 48 hours; have no worries.

6 hours ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

1st  - Milan Borjan: 166pts

It's a VERY nice graphic, but it would be best if it said #CanMNT on there; we also need to tweet one out to Sinclair.

(A bilingual version would be even better!)

14 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

It will be done in the next 48 hours; have no worries.

It's a VERY nice graphic, but it would be best if it said #CanMNT on there; we also need to tweet one out to Sinclair.

(A bilingual version would be even better!)

I agree.... Will do it just. Totally forgot about being you know bilingual 

Archived