Terique Mohammed

KW519

16 minutes ago, KW519 said:

Screenshot_20180927-133608.thumb.jpg.2b27c3f1033e4f2ba6083174f79a61a3.jpg

Terique Mohammad has signed a pro deal with TFC. Plays as a LB and is very good technically. I've been impressed with Terique's performances for TFC II, and I can honestly say I think he's a more complete LB than Ashtone

should be said, TFC II, not TFC.

27 minutes ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

You're right, but it's semantics.... 

He could play for the first team, and still have a (reserve) contract. 

I don't think so. The club gets 30 contracts for the 1st team, if you're not one of the 30 you don't play in MLS. The reverse can happen though, 1st team deal can drop to USL. 

Edited by jpg75

21 hours ago, jpg75 said:

I don't think so. The club gets 30 contracts for the 1st team, if you're not one of the 30 you don't play in MLS. The reverse can happen though, 1st team deal can drop to USL. 

But is MLS the only competition you can play in? My point is Malik Johnson has more first team games/minutes than Aiden Daniels but has never signed a first team contract. 

If we aren't counting those games as first team apps...then you're right. 

Edited by Jahinho Guerro

1 hour ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

But is MLS the only competition you can play in? My point is Malik Johnson has more first team games/minutes than Aiden Daniels but has never signed a first team contract. 

If signing a contract with TFC II prevents you from playing in MLS then isn't your response to Vince (that it's just semantics) incorrect?

1 hour ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

He had to sign a short-term contract to be able to play in those. You can play in MLS CCL, V's Cup, etc. if you sign the player to a short-term contract for those. I think for MLS matches, you need to be an extreme hardship situation ie having less than 14 outfield players available. 

Also, those players sign 4-day contracts and a player can only sign a total of 4 of those per year. So, the player did sign an MLS contract to play in MLS. It was just a short one.

20 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

If signing a contract with TFC II prevents you from playing in MLS then isn't your response to Vince (that it's just semantics) incorrect?

You're garbling the timeline of post. I said semantics to him saying "should be TFCII"... the mention of MLS was in his second reply, in which I made the competition mentions. 

Mannnnn this whole topic turned to into semenatics lol. 

4 minutes ago, Blackdude said:

He had to sign a short-term contract to be able to play in those. You can play in MLS CCL, V's Cup, etc. if you sign the player to a short-term contract for those. I think for MLS matches, you need to be an extreme hardship situation ie having less than 14 outfield players available. 

Also, those players sign 4-day contracts and a player can only sign a total of 4 of those per year. So, the player did sign an MLS contract to play in MLS. It was just a short one.

Must be different rules for academy players vs TFC II players. 

Because I think of Allando Matheson. 

28 minutes ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

You're garbling the timeline of post. I said semantics to him saying "should be TFCII"...

Mannnnn this whole topic turned to into semenatics lol. 

No i'm not, that WAS what i was talking about.

He wrote the following in the 3rd post

On 9/27/2018 at 12:05 PM, Vince193 said:

should be said, TFC II, not TFC.

You responded....

23 hours ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

You're right, but it's semantics.... 

He could play for the first team, and still have a (reserve) contract. 

Which is incorrect (he cannot play for the first team with a reserve contract) and therefore not semantics for Vince to point out the error - which KW realized and corrected his initial post.

2 hours ago, Blackdude said:

Oh yeah I think it only works for USL players right now. 

I'm confused of you brining Matheson in this though.

Because he played in a Voyageurs cup game in 2010.

Reason why I said I think academy and TFCII players are treated differently. 

12 minutes ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

Because he played in a Voyageurs cup game in 2010.

Reason why I said I think academy and TFCII players are treated differently. 

MLS changed the rules 3 years ago or so. And IIRC, in 2010, that was the year where TFC had requested the CSA to play kids because they had already clinched the V's Cup. 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
59 minutes ago, Shway said:

Depends what the money is saying.

Im surprised he hasn’t turned up for Guyana yet. 

I can tell you why possibly. Other then him holding off until maybe being good enough for a Canadian call up, I think him not wanting to play for Guyana is rooted in the social structure of that country. Not unlike Trinidad, Guyana is also a country that is largely dominated by two ethnic racial communities, afro Guyanese and Indian Guyanese. The economic pursuits between the two groups do not overlap at all, and this is usually but not always divided by government jobs being occupied by the former and private businesses being run by the latter. Soccer is also run by the former and considering Terique is of Indian Guyanese decent, he may not want to join a team where he feels like he doesn't belong. I may be wrong but it could be because of this reasoning. 

2 hours ago, SoccMan said:

Isn’t that like tier two level in Ireland? If that’s the case you would think CPL would be a better opinion no?

Twardek just went from Ireland to Poland so with some luck, first team minutes, and scouting it might be a good or better bet - particularly at CanPL salaries.

Plus, it's Ireland. What an adventure.

1 hour ago, Macksam said:

I can tell you why possibly. Other then him holding off until maybe being good enough for a Canadian call up, I think him not wanting to play for Guyana is rooted in the social structure of that country. Not unlike Trinidad, Guyana is also a country that is largely dominated by two ethnic racial communities, afro Guyanese and Indian Guyanese. The economic pursuits between the two groups do not overlap at all, and this is usually but not always divided by government jobs being occupied by the former and private businesses being run by the latter. Soccer is also run by the former and considering Terique is of Indian Guyanese decent, he may not want to join a team where he feels like he doesn't belong. I may be wrong but it could be because of this reasoning. 

I think you went down a big rabbit hole, or an opportunity to provide a history lesson. 

Regardless of the truth of ongoing racial tensions between the Indians and Africans in Guyana. I strongly doubt that is a reason why Terique wouldn’t play for them. I know Nikkita Persaud (Indian Guyanese) personally and the Desouza sisters (Portuguese Guyanese) from going to school with. Mariam El Masri (brother of Sheriff El Masri) from her brother and playing at the same club as me. They are all Canadian born/raised descendants from various backgrounds. 

Because of these examples, I strongly doubt that Terique would somehow have that social patriotism that would affect his decision to play international ball.(p.s Guyana has “Indian Guys” on there team.)

6 hours ago, Shway said:

I think you went down a big rabbit hole, or an opportunity to provide a history lesson. 

Regardless of the truth of ongoing racial tensions between the Indians and Africans in Guyana. I strongly doubt that is a reason why Terique wouldn’t play for them. I know Nikkita Persaud (Indian Guyanese) personally and the Desouza sisters (Portuguese Guyanese) from going to school with. Mariam El Masri (brother of Sheriff El Masri) from her brother and playing at the same club as me. They are all Canadian born/raised descendants from various backgrounds. 

Because of these examples, I strongly doubt that Terique would somehow have that social patriotism that would affect his decision to play international ball.(p.s Guyana has “Indian Guys” on there team.)

I'd love to pick your brain further brother.