Greetings from CPL

Hi Voyageurs -  Paul Beirne here, with the most ironic of handles...I'm MLS in Toronto because i've been on this board since before TFC was a thing.  

"I've made up my mind, I'm keeping my handle..."   :wub:

I'm just letting you know I've been lurking and listening and I love the enthusiasm on here.  Of course it will inevitably turn sour because...internet!  :P

Eventually -  if you have questions I will try to answer as they come.  If I ignore the question it probably means I can't comment, or that thing you're asking about is not decided yet.  Don't hit me up with anything just yet - there is nothing to be public about yet (except boundless optimism - thanks to you).  Also - don't you dare hit me up for a job.  And don't PM me - I don't check those.

For now - keep up the spirit and the growing supporter groups - we're all going to have a lot of fun!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, mlsintoronto said:

Nope. BBTB was a big part of my education. 

Fair enough!

Quick question that hopefully doesn't require any details. Once the league is officially announced, is there a strategy for the league and each club's owners in working with supporters in CPL cities?

Are academies going to be a mandatory requirement of each team, a recommendation that the league may assist with or is it just pretty much open season on this one per team.

Additionally, if said Academy teams do come around, will they be potentially be playing to League 1 Ontario, or similar leagues?

8 minutes ago, mlsintoronto said:

"How much pro-rel will there be? Lots of pro-rel or only a little pro-rel?"

comme ci, comme ça

If I didn't happen to forget my first language :D...

Is it safe to assume that there's a remote possibility of a D2 league solution to fill the vacuum of our Canadian pyramid? I'm assuming that the pro-rel would be between D2-D3

Archived