Greetings from CPL

Know this thread is mostly dead. But could we not sing the national anthem before CPL games. It's a simple thing... And I absolutely love our anthem, but this is a professional private league. I understand that it is a national league, but so are all the European leagues and then tend to try to keep some of that Jingoism away.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/24/2017 at 11:09 AM, Levi Oakey said:

Know this thread is mostly dead. But could we not sing the national anthem before CPL games. It's a simple thing... And I absolutely love our anthem, but this is a professional private league. I understand that it is a national league, but so are all the European leagues and then tend to try to keep some of that Jingoism away.

can't see this happening, considering how much nationalism properly launching this thing will take.

• 1 month later...
On 12/9/2016 at 10:53 AM, mlsintoronto said:

Hi Voyageurs -  Paul Beirne here, with the most ironic of handles...I'm MLS in Toronto because i've been on this board since before TFC was a thing.  

"I've made up my mind, I'm keeping my handle..."   :wub:

I'm just letting you know I've been lurking and listening and I love the enthusiasm on here.  Of course it will inevitably turn sour because...internet!  :P

Eventually -  if you have questions I will try to answer as they come.  If I ignore the question it probably means I can't comment, or that thing you're asking about is not decided yet.  Don't hit me up with anything just yet - there is nothing to be public about yet (except boundless optimism - thanks to you).  Also - don't you dare hit me up for a job.  And don't PM me - I don't check those.

For now - keep up the spirit and the growing supporter groups - we're all going to have a lot of fun!

I would like to cordially resubmit the last four pages of desperate pleas for information.

:wub:

Hi Paul,

I was wondering if the CPL will be easy to access on a Smart TV app.  It really bothers me when regional blackouts apply for TFC and I pay for the MLS league pass.    Chord cutting is a real thing and should be a concern when negotiating digital rights.  If I could download an app on Apple TV and pay the league $X while contributing $x for premium content on my favorite team I would. 

As you may might be able to tell, I'm from Halifax and live in Toronto.  I want to support a Halifax team and so would a host other Nova Scotians living in other parts of the country.  Please make it accessible to larger fan base.  I would buy season tickets and donate them as well for a Halifax team.

Cheers,

Adam

3 hours ago, dsqpr said:

Just saw this. Alex is worried about sell outs! He gets my vote for most enthusiastic supporter!! :)

It's an honour... I think. 

Not all teams are going to be playing in CFL stadiums. If KWU is playing at the university stadium and drawing well (above 5,000) there won't be much room if a large contingent of Hamilton fans plan to make the trip. 

3 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Speak for yourself.  To me the announcement was like throwing gas on the fire.  I want more :)

Yes good point. 

It is nice to have the actual people involved in the league giving us some real information though. On the other hand, teams involved and launch date would be nice. 

Archived