Greetings from CPL

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Come on guys chill with the @BringBackTheBlizzard hate.  Sometimes I get the sense that he's a glass half empty kinda guy too, but I get the sense he's been around for a while and obviously knows a ton - it's natural to point out flaws in a plan if you know what they are.

I mean I think a little bit of our boundless, ignorant optimism might have been good for him too :P , but give the guy a break

Hi Paul, thanks so much for reaching out to us and answering our questions.  Please don't let us down!

How do you think that we (your formal internet minions) can best support the league over the next year?

When do you think we'll start hearing solid tidbits about teams?

Is there anything you can say about some of the rumoured structure ($1.5m salary, DPs, revenue sharing, 25-50% starting Canadian quota)?

What's the key to making the league a long-term success?

What length of season are you targeting, and what are you thinking for playoffs (if any)?

Who wins tomorrow; Toronto or Seattle? (No cop-out answer of saying "Canadian soccer wins")

Can you fulfill my personal dream of calling the league trophy the Maple Chalice?

What do you think of Guillermo's crest designs and do you want to steal any of them?

Thoughts on how the Voyageurs Cup or CCL spots will look in 2018?  How will D3 inclusion work, and could the amateur Challenge Trophy champion ever make it in?

If a fully-pro CPL is considered a Canadian D1, and the semi-pro-inspired L1O and PLSQ are considered a Canadian D3, what does a Canadian D2 look like?  Would it ever be possible, or even be necessary?

Regardless of how likely it is to happen, what would be your personal dream city to place a pro soccer team in?

Your thoughts on a women's pro league?

What's the juiciest piece of information you can tell us about the league?

49 minutes ago, Neil Koheil said:

Hi Paul. Just in case you didn't have enough on your plate. This article on the CFL and this graphic designer from BC might spark an idea or two. all the best.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/opinion/cfl-changes-1.3867744

https://www.behance.net/jonrogers

all the best.

Thanks - I'm a big Dave Bidini fan so I was aware of that article. And strangely I'm also aware or Jon Rogers. Small world. But thanks for these reminders. 

15 minutes ago, mlsintoronto said:

Thanks - I'm a big Dave Bidini fan so I was aware of that article. And strangely I'm also aware or Jon Rogers. Small world. But thanks for these reminders. 

Rheostatics fan??!!???  You can't get any better sir :)

Archived