2016 MLS TV Ratings

masster

9 minutes ago, Free kick said:

Its not about the CFL.  There are lots of good cfl stories to talk about but you dont see that from what he posts so you can tell that he doesnt even follow the cfl.   He doesnt post anything about soccer either.

Apparently you've lost the ability to read, and it's because of some insert bad name like yourself and your selfish, entitled attitudes that have turned many of us off from becoming fans of TFC

Now either you are incredibly stupid or blind for posting the above because even my worst enemies here if they aren't blind as you will admit i only post positive CFL stories and I post about our women's NT.  But you wouldn't know that because like many TFC fans you are likely so sexist you probably don't know a women's thread exists.

I don't post about the CMNT much anymore because I don't find them as interesting as I used to and I don't post about MLS because people like you have turned many of us potential fans off with your boorish behaviour.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Free kick said:

You being a little naive.  There is not going to be a kumbaya.  JM has been posting the same anti Toronto, anti southern ontario garbage for 15 years. After a while, You kind of figure it out.   But a lot of people are slow.   Its not about the CFL.  There are lots of good cfl stories to talk about but you dont see that from what he posts so you can tell that he doesnt even follow the cfl.   He doesnt post anything about soccer either.  

No he is all about petty regionalism and ignorance and he is here to bait people.   

In the time I've been on this board (and the years I lurked before it), it seems that he remains tucked away in his CFL thread and a random software thread, not bothering anyone. To me it seems like people go out of their way to antagonize him unprovoked, and he snapped a little. Granted, you've been around here longer so maybe I missed some of the history

But hey, I'm here for soccer, not drama. 

4 minutes ago, Complete Homer said:

In the time I've been on this board (and the years I lurked before it), it seems that he remains tucked away in his CFL thread and a random software thread, not bothering anyone. To me it seems like people go out of their way to antagonize him unprovoked, and he snapped a little. Granted, you've been around here longer so maybe I missed some of the history

No, that's about the size of it.  Canta said the same thing in the CFL thread.  BBTB wanted to be an ahole and the rest is history.  And it's only a few selfish, entitled TFC people who do it, I have no problem with the Caps or Impact.

And aside from my posting on NT topics if you look at my threads in the Off Topic section they are the most viewed, so my posts must have some value.

4 minutes ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

No, that's about the size of it.  Canta said the same thing in the CFL thread.  BBTB wanted to be an ahole and the rest is history.  And it's only a few selfish, entitled TFC people who do it, I have no problem with the Caps or Impact.

And aside from my posting on NT topics if you look at my threads in the Off Topic section they are the most viewed, so my posts must have some value.

FYI, I myself am a TFC fan who was a bit pissed with the Argos, but that's ancient history every since the turf proved to be capable of surviving both sports. Again, hopefully the animosity just blows over eventually 

1 minute ago, Complete Homer said:

FYI, I myself am a TFC fan who was a bit pissed with the Argos, but that's ancient history every since the turf proved to be capable of surviving both sports. Again, hopefully the animosity just blows over eventually 

we will see about that on Wed. the turf looked a bit chewed up after the Grey Cup game and will put TFC ground crew to the test. thank goodness there was no rain or snow

On 2016-11-28 at 1:26 AM, Complete Homer said:

That would be the mature approach, yes.  Have you seen the latest article in the stadium thread, another popular thread that I "maintain"

Strange that a minority of people on a soccer forum appear to want to actively talk down our sport. Meanwhile the Globe and Mail very much has its finger on the pulse:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/soccer/with-mls-numbers-rivalling-the-cfl-canadian-soccer-is-entering-a-new-era/article33057018/

...This weekend’s Grey Cup isn’t exactly a tough ticket, in contrast with last Tuesday’s playoff game between the Montreal Impact and Toronto FC. The Impact had little problem selling all 61,004 seats at the decrepit Olympic Stadium.

It would be shock if Toronto’s BMO Field, also the site of the 104th Grey Cup, isn’t packed for the return leg of the final. It’s not likely pizza shop freebies will be required to make it happen.

The audience figures for soccer haven’t yet eclipsed the CFL, whose ratings improved in 2016 but are still lower than 2010. But last week they came close.

According to the overnight Numeris ratings, which are provided by a third party and are not considered final, the viewing audience for last weekend’s CFL’s division finals averaged out at just over 1.2 million, a slight drop over last year.

Last Tuesday’s Impact-TFC tilt had a smaller audience, just over one million; it was nearly double the previous record audience for an MLS playoff game.

On the paid attendance front, MLS gates are increasing while the CFL’s are in steady decline.

This year, the leagues had nearly identical per-game averages (the CFL was slightly above 24,000, MLS was slightly below), but TFC, the Impact and the Whitecaps each out-drew the CFL team in their market....

8 hours ago, BringBackTheBlizzard said:

This year, the leagues had nearly identical per-game averages (the CFL was slightly above 24,000, MLS was slightly below), but TFC, the Impact and the Whitecaps each out-drew the CFL team in their market....

Interesting, considering the Lions had a pretty good season but lost the Western final.  If the Leos maintain the same level of performance but the Whitecaps have another similar season to this last one, I wonder how that will play out?

8 minutes ago, BearcatSA said:

Interesting, considering the Lions had a pretty good season but lost the Western final.  If the Leos maintain the same level of performance but the Whitecaps have another similar season to this last one, I wonder how that will play out?

At the risk of getting involved here again, the Lions are owned by David Braley who has a penchant for not spending money on marketing and promotion (see Argos)  Sadly his health has declined to the point where he is no longer able to attend games but this may be the impetus for him to sell this off season.  He will be in talks with potential buyers this off season, the media speaks of four groups, thankfully one of which is Canucks Sports & Entertainment (Francesco Aquilini, Chairman)

The official press release:
http://www.bellmedia.ca/pr/press/all-time-record-1-4-million-viewers-watched-last-nights-toronto-fc-montreal-impact-game-on-tsn-and-rds/

862,000 on TSN
519,000 on RDS

The numbers got a bit of a boost because the second leg was on all 4 of the TSN regional channels and not just 2.

MLS Cup final will be on just 3/4 of the TSN regional channels, and with only 1 Canadian team in the game and not two, will be interesting to see how it compares to this number. Also will be a weekend as opposed to a week night.

1 hour ago, red card said:

It will be also up against HNIC with Leafs, Habs & Canucks all playing at 1900. This could help audience reach a bit if people surf to MLS Cup during breaks but won't help with audience average.

UFC 206 is also on at ACC & TSN that night. 

Main card is on at 10:00 as usual. Don't think it will be too much of a detriment.

Another of your lies, all CFL playoff games on TSN were above 900k and didn't count RDS.  You're gonna have a pretty good number for the final driven by the GTA but next year on CBC say hello again to lumberjack and poker numbers during the regular season.

So when are you going to get some balls and tell me why you troll the CFL thread and want to kill a Canadian team and league.  I'm still waiting.

3 hours ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

Another of your lies, all CFL playoff games on TSN were above 900k and didn't count RDS.  You're gonna have a pretty good number for the final driven by the GTA but next year on CBC say hello again to lumberjack and poker numbers during the regular season.

So when are you going to get some balls and tell me why you troll the CFL thread and want to kill a Canadian team and league.  I'm still waiting.

Why are you engaging him? Half the people here don't even like him. Then again, probably just as many people here don't like me either lol ;) 

59 minutes ago, Macksam said:

Why are you engaging him? Half the people here don't even like him. Then again, probably just as many people here don't like me either lol ;)

Or me :)  It just pisses me off how he and a few others are actively engaged in trying to kill something historical and Canadian. It would be a lot easier if I knew the real reason why he's doing that.

11 hours ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

Or me :)  It just pisses me off how he and a few others are actively engaged in trying to kill something historical and Canadian. It would be a lot easier if I knew the real reason why he's doing that.

It must be something about Canadian leagues because he can't stop shitting on everything over in the CPL threads either. 

13 hours ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

I'd be curious to know how someone posting something on here can be considered as "actively engaged in trying to kill" the CFL - are there secret instructions in code with each post organizing and mobilizing a local militia from physically preventing people attending CFL games or sending out codes to hack people's computers to make it impossible to buy tickets on-line? Golly, these discussion forums for soccer must be more potent for other sports than I thought.

And I'm a TFC fan who has been a CFL/Tiger Cat fan for 40 years and doesn't want to see the league go anywhere, not even back to Memphis or Shreveport.

Getting back on topic, it looks like TV ratings peaked with RIcketts got the last goal, according to this article which also gives the ratings in the US (although not much context behind the US ratings):

http://www.socceramerica.com/article/71432/tv-report-canadian-classic-breaks-mls-viewing-rec.html

3 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

I'd be curious to know how someone posting something on here can be considered as "actively engaged in trying to kill" the CFL - are there secret instructions in code with each post organizing and mobilizing a local militia from physically preventing people attending CFL games or sending out codes to hack people's computers to make it impossible to buy tickets on-line? Golly, these discussion forums for soccer must be more potent for other sports than I thought.

Si it would be ok then if I had an agenda of only posting bad news about TFC/MLS even to the point of making it up?  And that would be knowing full well I am antagonizing people about the spirit and intention of the thread? 

Most people start threads because they are a point of interest for them.  Maybe some start them for negative news but what purpose does that serve, does it make people interested in that subject feel better if one person has that negativity as their only purpose?  Why would you have an agenda of negativity, to build something up or tear it down?  It certainly doesn't help promote something, I think we can at least agree on that.

If that is the case how is it two soccer forums I know will delete people or posts of an opposing viewpoint?

Archived