13 minutes ago, Rintaran said:

I like your Iqualit logo. Feels like something is missing in the bottom-centre (between the 4 fish). Couldn't say what, but it feels like it needs something in that centred-gap.

I'm also down with a wordless hammer logo. Looks sharp and iconic, although it would likely be confusing to people initially. A little too much black-space above the hammer itself like this though, I find it unbalances in the image a bit.

I feel like this is actually what makes me like it.  It's like "what the hell is that hammer for, I keep seeing it everywhere"

but yea still trying to figure out the perfect proportions.

not sure what I would put in that spot for the Iqaluit one.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

I feel like this is actually what makes me like it.  It's like "what the hell is that hammer for, I keep seeing it everywhere"

but yea still trying to figure out the perfect proportions.

not sure what I would put in that spot for the Iqaluit one.

I'm not sure what would work there either. I'd say a Narwhal or something, but I'm not sure there's a proper link between that animal and Iqaluit. Leaving it empty could work too, just feels like something is missing there.

42 minutes ago, Rintaran said:

I'm not sure what would work there either. I'd say a Narwhal or something, but I'm not sure there's a proper link between that animal and Iqaluit. Leaving it empty could work too, just feels like something is missing there.

what about a tiny little bonfire(it's supposed to be on the ice anyways and i'm pretty sure they do that sometimes)

otherwise I don't really have any ideas.  

55 minutes ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

what about a tiny little bonfire(it's supposed to be on the ice anyways and i'm pretty sure they do that sometimes)

otherwise I don't really have any ideas.  

I guess a bonfire could work. I'll admit that was my first thought, was just afraid it might be seen as stereotypical. 

52 minutes ago, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

@Rintaran

also, is this better?

Hamilton hammer .png

Not as unbalanced, certainly. Feels a little squished now though... Huh. I dunno, maybe I'm not the best judge of this.

On 6/7/2017 at 10:33 AM, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

This is a what if.  For fun.  I like drawing stuff, remember :P.    And yes I'm aware that most people are EPL/Euro fans, but don't tell me if those people were converted that we couldn't support two each.  Conservatively, there are 100,000 soccer fans in each city, probably more like 200k or more.  It's more a question of getting them to support local football than a question of raw numbers IMO.

um....I would disagree with that number, even the 100k is seriously not conservative at all, but I love the enthusiasm.

7 minutes ago, madmonte said:

um....I would disagree with that number, even the 100k is seriously not conservative at all, but I love the enthusiasm.

so hard to tell really.  I saw some stat recently saying something like 8% or something ridiculous of soccer fans in the US were MLS fans.  That number seems like it can't be real but if it is I would assume that number is the same in Canada.

My basic point is that we've only tapped into a small portion of the potential fans so far, even in "black holes" like alberta and saskatchewan.  I just feel like on some level thats something people who dislike soccer say so we don't get too excited lol (that we barely have any soccer fans here)

it's just that it's so fragmented and so many people support EPL, La liga etc or even south american clubs.

Just now, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

so hard to tell really.  I saw some stat recently saying something like 8% or something ridiculous of soccer fans in the US were MLS fans.  That number seems like it can't be real but if it is I would assume that number is the same in Canada.

My basic point is that we've only tapped into a small portion of the potential fans so far, even in "black holes" like alberta and saskatchewan.  I just feel like on some level thats something people who dislike soccer say so we don't get too excited lol 

Fair enough, but as a southern albertan I feel I have a pretty good finger on the pulse.

Hey, I was looking and I can't seem to find on this long thread your Okanagan/Kelowna/Vernon/Penticton logos/kits if there are any, can you refresh?

Also I kept saying I was gonna show my FootSoldiers remake logo but never did...I found an old version but the newest (with the tower properly singular colored all the way down) is on my old comp...I'll have to find it, but just to show...Footsoliders-Logo-7.thumb.jpg.d4047bcb46deeb6a25cfa9faa1d55692.jpg

Foot Soldiers-01.png

2 minutes ago, madmonte said:

Fair enough, but as a southern albertan I feel I have a pretty good finger on the pulse.

Hey, I was looking and I can't seem to find on this long thread your Okanagan/Kelowna/Vernon/Penticton logos/kits if there are any, can you refresh?

Also I kept saying I was gonna show my FootSoldiers remake logo but never did...I found an old version but the newest (with the tower properly singular colored all the way down) is on my old comp...I'll have to find it, but just to show...

cool.

Yeah there is an okanagan one way back.  wasn't amazing but I can reupload.  I'll probably revisit it once school wraps up in a few weeks.

I haven't been down to southern alberta much, and to be fair, I didn't grow up here, so maybe I'm just self selecting the crowds I run with, but I know more than a handful of soccer fans.  Granted it's obviously not as mainstream as hockey, but especially european leagues stuff shows up in my feed pretty regularly - tottenham and arsenal in particular seem to be the most popular - hence my obsession with intercity rivalries.  One team here doesn't seem like it's enough to win them over, but an intertown rivalry might just do the trick.

now i'm just rambling though.

here's okanagan, be nice, it's a first draft and although I think it has some potential it's certainly not a finished product

FC Okanagan.png

I think I like colors that remind me of lakes more when I think of the Okanagan, that said, all your logos are decent man.  And yeah you can definitely find little splinter cells of soccer fans...we all know which bars they frequent...but that definitely doesn't add up to 100,000

was having a look at the Winnipeg coat of arms(also from the flag) and have been thinking about taking out the wheat and the football in my current version(above) and replacing it with the prairie crocus from the coat of arms.

The reason I like the symbolism is as follows.

The crocus is one of the earliest flowers to bloom, often coming up while snow is still on the ground, occasionally through the snow even.

In all my interactions with Winnipeg, I've found them difficult to impress.  They don't put up with bullshit, yet they are also the second to officially join - hence blooming early(and in difficult conditions) is an appropriate comparison(blooming=joining the CPL)

but also once the league begins, due to the constraints of living in the north the season will likely have to begin in April or so - which will likely still be pretty cold in places like Winnipeg especially.  Hence, for the team to succeed, fans will need to come out in some pretty cold weather, just like the crocus.

That kinda makes sense right?

914px-Crest_of_Winnipeg_fair.svg.png

On 6/14/2017 at 9:39 PM, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

mississauga basic idea, needs refining still

not sure if something will go in the center, or just put the buildings side by side 

Mississauga new.png

Not sure how I feel about that

1 minute ago, zen said:

Not sure how I feel about that

what part, exactly?

I've been talking to rob ditta who's started the sauga CanPL group, he asked for blue white and black, although I've since scrapped this version and working on something based on this picture(I think the pic is have is actually very slightly different, but you get the idea)

You should get in contact with him, I'd love feedback from a few different sources that converges into a consensus of some sort.

DSC_0119_105.jpg

On 6/14/2017 at 9:30 PM, GuillermoDelQuarto said:

Guillermo.... do... good...?

winnipeg ornate.png

Guillermo do great. I really like this particular logo. I'm definitely not local to the area, but I would be quite happy to get a jersey with that logo on it. The mock-up kit you posted via Twitter was excellent too.

Archived