Canada vs Ghana Tuesday Oct 13th, Washington DC

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing to do with that... Except you then take two paragraphs to explain why it does have to do with exactly that. 

Oops

He's obviously cut you off in traffic at some point. Rant away.

Osorio* and no it's nothing to do with that.  More to do with the fact that he doesn't know what he's talking about.  Why should someone (i.e. a nobody) who's been here a few weeks make themselves a focal point of our MNT discussion?

Has Osorio been a stud for Canada at any level?  No.  Does Herculez Gomez know or has he played with any of the players called ahead of Osorio? No.  So he should just keep his mouth shut and get on with the little time that is left in his career.  It's nice that Herculez Gomez rates Osorio and is drinking buddies with him but that doesn't give him the right to make backhanded comments about our MNT.  Could you imagine Marcel De Jong making sarcastic comments on twitter about Feilhaber not being on the USMNT?  No, because it's classless and stupid.

Nothing to do with that... Except you then take two paragraphs to explain why it does have to do with exactly that. 

Oops

He's obviously cut you off in traffic at some point. Rant away.

No, nice try though.

It's one thing to support your teammate on social media, it's another to take an opportunity to take a shot at our MNT and the 23 players that are called.  

Herculez Gomez is either insinuating that Osorio is the difference between us qualifying for Russia or missing out or he is being a condescending idiot.  It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see which one it is.  

Fan's report:

-I was the only Voyageur who went down for the game.

-In the stadium there was 1 guy from Montreal that came and sat with me who lives in DC; he knew the players and followed the team. His American friend was there. We cheered together.

-De Jong had family attend

-Trafford's family was also there.

That was it for the non-staff, non-player, Canadians as far as I could tell. The rest of the crowd was Ghanaian with a few neutrals (DC United fans who wanted to see the game).

Pre-game cool stuff:

I got a picture with Borjan before the game (this was before I was at the stadium - thanks Jamie ;) )

Borjan came over during warm ups at the stadium and gave me his spare jersey .

Ricketts came over and shook my hand and said thanks for showing up.

Post-game cool stuff:

Hainault came over and said hi and thanks.

Jr Hoilett came over; shook my hand and stayed for a picture. Very classy of him. Since I'm sure he's Googled himself I told him to ignore the haters and that we were happy he was here with the team.

Stama came over and said thanks.

Ouimette came over quickly to say thanks.

Trafford's came over because his family walked up to our section. I didn't talk to him because he was busy chatting with his family but I lent them the Bytown Boy's Canada flag to take a picture; didn't recognize him when he came over to be honest. He needs to be called up more!

Gave De Jong some words of encouragement after he started walking away from the side of the pitch after talking to his family. I told him the the guys would beat Honduras in November. He had a big smile on his face post-game.

Pictures to come but here's one that I didn't take:

CRPfR28WoAAG4Yj.jpg

Fan's report:

-In the stadium there was 1 guy from Montreal that came and sat with me who lives in DC; he knew the players and followed the team. His American friend was there. We cheered together.

That was it for the non-staff, non-player, Canadians as far as I could tell. The rest of the crowd was Ghanaian with a few neutrals (DC United fans who wanted to see the game).

Pre-game cool stuff:

I got a picture with Borjan before the game (this was before I was at the stadium - thanks Jamie ;) )

Borjan came over during warm ups at the stadium and gave me his spare jersey .

Ricketts came over and shook my hand and said thanks for showing up.

Post-game cool stuff:

Hainault came over and said hi and thanks.

Jr Hoilett came over; shook my hand and stayed for a picture. Very classy of him. Since I'm sure he's Googled himself I told him to ignore the haters and that we were happy he was here with the team.

Stama came over and said thanks.

Ouimette came over quickly to say thanks.

Trafford's came over because his family walked up to our section. I didn't talk to him because he was busy chatting with his family but I lent them the Bytown Boy's Canada flag to take a picture; didn't recognize him when he came over to be honest. He needs to be called up more!

Gave De Jong some words of encouragement after he started walking away from the side of the pitch after talking to his family. I told him the the guys would beat Honduras in November. He had a big smile on his face post-game.

Awesome stuff Ben! We're all really jealous!

Well that was fun despite the bad feed in the first half (glad I finally saw our goal above). Ghana didn't exactly play to their standards but our guys were all over them until the last 10 or 20 minutes I thought. They do have some class even without a full team as shown by their goal. The main thing was we were playing with a ton of confidence...great to see. I have a feeling we won't be seeing our defenders dribbling out of the back as last man or backheels in the middle of the park come qualifications though!

Ouimette should not be starting RB we have way better options. I'd put one of our CB on the RB side, as long as we have better quality in that position. 

Example, Edgar would be great in that spot but I wouldn't want to move him out of CB since he is crucial for us. But we can take a look at Jakovic, or put Henry  out wide even tho he isn't the best at that position or Hainault which would be great. Hainault has proven himself and has the experience, so why put Ouimette makes no sense to me.  Point of the matter, get your best players on the field.

also, sadly, I know Jackson has fell out of form but he hasn't been given the chance under floro. He still has quality and at the very least is better then ricketts. They should have given Jackson a whole half to prove if he can contribute, don't see why ricketts had to play that much... Yet what they do is put him on with 9min to go... I mean give the guy a chance

Ouimette should not be starting RB we have way better options. I'd put one of our CB on the RB side, as long as we have better quality in that position.

Example, Edgar would be great in that spot but I wouldn't want to move him out of CB since he is crucial for us. But we can take a look at Jakovic, or put Henry  out wide even tho he isn't the best at that position or Hainault which would be great. Hainault has proven himself and has the experience, so why put Ouimette makes no sense to me.  Point of the matter, get your best players on the field.

what about aird?

looking at the highlights we had some really great chances. Could have easily won that. And we were missing many starters. DEPTH

also, sadly, I know Jackson has fell out of form but he hasn't been given the chance under floro. He still has quality and at the very least is better then ricketts. They should have given Jackson a whole half to prove if he can contribute, don't see why ricketts had to play that much... Yet what they do is put him on with 9min to go... I mean give the guy a chance

Unless proven to be effective at RB, IE Edgar, Canada can't afford to have a CB playing RB. None of our CBs except Edgar is good enough to play RB.

Jackson needs to come to MLS, just to get mins and build his confidence back up.

What a shot by De Jong.  Has a Canadian ever had a nicer shot in an international match?  Dunfield had a long one against Ecuador, but I think De Jong's was from farther out and came out of no where.

Not that I've seen from the 90s highlights, 00s or this decade.  That was simply World Class.  The crazy thing too is it was so deceptive, the way he hit it didn't even look like he put his all into it but he hit it sweet as.  Too bad it wasn't a WCQ, hopefully he has a go or two this cycle.

Fan's report:

That was it for the non-staff, non-player, Canadians as far as I could tell. The rest of the crowd was Ghanaian with a few neutrals (DC United fans who wanted to see the game)

The group of the three of you were shown a few times on the stream, along with a couple of girls who were sitting behind you to your right. Otherwise, the section was empty, no? 

Hercules Gomez has had a pretty decent career playing many years in Mexico easily a top ten league in the world if he was Canadian he would have been one of our most successful pro players, for someone to come on here and say that he hasn't is mistaken. Now Osario of course he should be playing and even starting for Canada IMO he has been a regular for TFC going on almost two years now to not even make the roster is a lol moment,   considering the incredible success our national team has had fow awhile now lol,   any blind person  knows he should be there . Look at the difference it makes when good players are actually included on the roster and play, see the Ghana game last night, we are not a country blessed with so many good players we don't have the luxury of omitting good players and being able to get results, if we have players playing at decent club levels they need to be included over guys who are unattached or playing at levels equal to the USL or the NASL, just because a league is in Europe if your playing at the lowest level over there is the level really that much better than USL or NASL, lets get the best damn players we have on the field and go for it because if we keep failing our national teams will get the same kind of  exposure our mens field hockey team gets or our mens water polo team gets ,  ever see much talk about those teams!

Unless proven to be effective at RB, IE Edgar, Canada can't afford to have a CB playing RB. None of our CBs except Edgar is good enough to play RB.

Jackson needs to come to MLS, just to get mins and build his confidence back up.

The best RB performance I remember in recent years is Edgar at 2014 WCQ against Cuba, in Cuba. However, it's only 90 minutes performance and I don't think Floro will put him in RB position. The problem is finding a CB capable of replacing Edgar as CB.

What has Osorio done for Canada that any blind person would be able to see he should be there?  That's all that matters at the end of the day.  He's a talented player don't get me wrong but that's by MLS standards, anytime he has played for Canada he has been average at best.  He'll get another shot soon enough and he needs to take it.

He's had a few good matches for TFC as of late but he still has a lot of room to improve, he has regressed in his output every year so far.  Just 1 goal this season let's not forget.  Now watch him score a brace tonight... ;) 

There are players on this team that play at lower levels who are constantly picked and never really impress , in terms of MLS standard many MLS players on Concacaf national teams that have helped their countries qualify for the HEX and then some to the World Cup, see Panama, USA, Costa Rica, Honduras, Jamaica and I'm probably missing a few, the MLS is getting to a standard at least in our region that if you are an every day starter then most likely you will be a national team player for teams in our region, and looking at only goals and even assist for a midfielder is not the only way to measure a players capability.

Hercules Gomez has had a pretty decent career playing many years in Mexico easily a top ten league in the world if he was Canadian he would have been one of our most successful pro players, for someone to come on here and say that he hasn't is mistaken. Now Osario of course he should be playing and even starting for Canada IMO he has been a regular for TFC going on almost two years now to not even make the roster is a lol moment,   considering the incredible success our national team has had fow awhile now lol,   any blind person  knows he should be there . Look at the difference it makes when good players are actually included on the roster and play, see the Ghana game last night, we are not a country blessed with so many good players we don't have the luxury of omitting good players and being able to get results, if we have players playing at decent club levels they need to be included over guys who are unattached or playing at levels equal to the USL or the NASL, just because a league is in Europe if your playing at the lowest level over there is the level really that much better than USL or NASL, lets get the best damn players we have on the field and go for it because if we keep failing our national teams will get the same kind of  exposure our mens field hockey team gets or our mens water polo team gets ,  ever see much talk about those teams!

Osorio wouldn't make my starting 11in November... I don't see him as a sub either in the next 8 months. More of a depth option at this point, but maybe next cycle or the back half of this one if we make the hex. Based on a 4-1-4-1 Where do you put him? Ahead of Hutch, WJ, Tiebert ?

Are Osorio and Bekker tied with goals in MLS?  Can someone give me the goal to minute ratio?.... I am an Osorio fan don't get me wrong, he will be a big part of our future, but IMO the time is not at this current moment.  Mind you if WJ is injured in November, Osorio will get the call.

Archived