AWAY GAME DETAILS - March 26, 2016 @ Mexico (UPDATED SEPT18)

DontPanic

Hello everyone, here are the preliminary details. Start planning to take the time off. Just waiting on a couple small items to release the final price, but thought I'd give a sneak peak of VOYAGEURS ON TOUR - MEXICO TEQUILA, SOCCER & BEACH 2016

Includes

4 Nights Hotel Accomodation at 3+ star hotel in safe area of Mexico City

Airport Transfers

Daily Breakfast

Ability to have single/double or triple occupancy

Transfers to/from the game

Azteca Stadium Tour

Voyageurs Tequila and Cantina Tour

Free Time To Explore

GAME TICKETS with the rest of the Voyageurs

SECURITY throughout game day

OPTIONAL

Add-on 3 nights/4 days at the beach including transfers at an all-inclusive

Flights will not be included, however we will holding 20 spots on flights from YVR, YYZ and YUL   These will be announced shortly.

DAY 01 - SATURDAY 26TH MARCH  WELCOME TO MEXICO CITY/TRAVEL DAY

Meet at the airport and transfer to your hotel. After check-in, free time to start exploring the city with your fellow V's

DAY 02 -  SUNDAY 27TH MARCH  FREE DAY

Free day. Today you have the whole day to explore Mexico City.

Included: Breakfast

DAY 03 - MONDAY 28TH MARCH  VOYAGEURS CANTINAS, MARIACHI & TEQUILA TOUR (Included) PLUS AZTECA STADIUM TOUR!!

Optional, no extra cost, we have arranged to visit the Tequila & Mezcal museum for a tasting of these traditional liquors. After this we will visit a couple of Mexican pubs called ‘cantinas’.

Plus a tour behind the scenes of Azteca Stadium (maybe we can hide a Voyageur scarf in the dressing room?)

DAY 04 - TUESDAY 29TH MARCH MATCH DAY

Today is match day.  After the game, transfer back to hotel/bar.

DAY 05 - WEDNESDAY 30TH MARCH  DEPARTURE DAY (SHORT VERSION)

At proper time, you will be picked-up at your hotel for your transfer to the airport, to check in for your flight backhome.

OR take a beach extension!.

Transfer to the beach and spend Wednesday to Saturday at an All Inclusive to rest and recover.

If the game is in Mexico City we will likely stay there. If anyone wants to add a few days before or after at a resort I'm happy to help.

The closest resort area is Acapulco which would be a 4+hr transfer by bus.

if the game is outside of Mexico City we would stay at a resort (assuming one close enough)

Pretty guaranteed I'm going to this Mexico away leg. Secretly hoping they go back to Merida, because then there's no question we'll be staying at a resort on the beach. If it's at Azteca then the closest resort would be Acapulco, which I'd still be doing instead of Mexico city cuz I WANNA BE ON A GODDAMNED BEACH WHERE IT'S +30 MINIMUM! Yeah, the bus ride to Mexico City from there is 4hrs but fuck it, would much prefer to be at a beach resort than at some hotel in Mexico City. I believe venues will be announced early next week. Anyone know specifics on that by chance?

The Honduras and El Salvador media are reporting Mexico City for all their 3 home games:

http://www.edhdeportes.com/articulo/selecta/camino-selecta-hexagonal-86830

Yeah to me, personally, there is no appeal of being in Mexico city. I wanna spend the minimum amount of time there possible.

Having been to Mexico City, I can tell you it's a great place.

Probably one if not the safest place in Mexico (all the politicians, big drug lords and CEOs have a house there so it's in their interest to spend plenty of funds making sure nobody sets up anything there)

Beautiful dynamic city with a cheap and good metro, incredible museums, nightlife and cultural attractions. If you're the type that likes big cities like NYC, you'll have fun there if you explore what it has to offer.

$150 round trip 50 minute flight from Acapoulco... If you had a hotel close to Azteca and a resort close to the airport in Acapoulco it could be fairly easy.

The ADO busses are also very good to get to beach towns from Mexico City. Several times better and cheaper than Greyhound.

The Honduras and El Salvador media are reporting Mexico City for all their 3 home games:

Probably one if not the safest place in Mexico (all the politicians, big drug lords and CEOs have a house there so it's in their interest to spend plenty of funds making sure nobody sets up anything there)

Beautiful dynamic city with a cheap and good metro, incredible museums, nightlife and cultural attractions. If you're the type that likes big cities like NYC, you'll have fun there if you explore what it has to offer.

The ADO busses are also very good to get to beach towns from Mexico City. Several times better and cheaper than Greyhound.

Also solid advice. Cheers

Yes one of the great cities of the world. One could spend several weeks there and not see half of what it offers. Plus one can get cheap airfare there and the hotel prices are very reasonable. One would really have to have no interest in art, culture, architecture, history etc. to want to spend time at a resort instead of Mexico City. Plus the ancient pyramid site of Teotihuacan is an easy day trip away and the largest pyramid on the site, the Pyramid of the Sun, is the largest pyramid outside of Egypt and the third largest in the world. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teotihuacan

Archived