Goal Scorers Everywhere 2015-2016

Nice finish from Kianz Froese who nets his first MLS goal against New York RB.

What a terrific goal this was - not for the finish (which was calm) but for starting the play in the first place with the intercept and then continuing to put himself into a goal-scoring position. 

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ I know for sure he did have one nice strike for them that was outside the 18.

IIRC his first goal was redirecting a cross off his chest and in.

Orlando have good wide players who can cross, I think most of his chances will come from there.

I haven't watched a lot of Larin in MLS but it seems he has a lot of those tap in chances with Orlando, is that true? He doesn't seem to mess them up. It bodes well for the NT with Tesho feeding him.

He has the same amount of tap in chances as most strikers, he just converts.  6 goals on 11 shots on target this year.

I'd say the goal last night was his first "easy" finish actually.  

When tap in chances come consistently, then the coach praises the striker for being able to find open space at the right times.  I've watched a lot of Orlando games this year, and I'm of the opinion that his strike rate is not a fluke.  

When tap in chances come consistently, then the coach praises the striker for being able to find open space at the right times.  I've watched a lot of Orlando games this year, and I'm of the opinion that his strike rate is not a fluke.  

Crazy to think that it's only June and Larin already has 6... Tesho had 7 all last year.  

When tap in chances come consistently, then the coach praises the striker for being able to find open space at the right times. I've watched a lot of Orlando games this year, and I'm of the opinion that his strike rate is not a fluke.

I don't think his strike rate is a fluke either. I think Larin is developing into a very dependable striker who can get into the right spot and make the most of his chances. It's a good sign considering how many times we've seen sitters go wide or players arrive late to the play while with the NT.

Another great thing about Larin is the high level of confidence he seemingly has. His goal celebration against Dominica at BMO said it all: "I'm the go-to guy and this is what I do". Great to have that character in the squad. To me, he wasn't the least bit surprised he scored that goal. It almost seemed ....routine, didn't it?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived