Goal Scorers Everywhere 2015-2016

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

Of course not, it's roughly MLS level.

People see those modest stadiums and don't look at the play. I mean, those League One clips, chippy, slow, some guys unfit, goals real grinders, that is similar to Spain third tier, only the stadiums look nice.

Cavallini plays for a modest side, Fenix, who happen to be near top of the table, and ahead of two powerhouses in Peñarol and Nacional. But people don't realize that is one step below top flight in Argentina or if you are young and very promising, a loan to Spain or Italy.

4 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

People see those modest stadiums and don't look at the play. I mean, those League One clips, chippy, slow, some guys unfit, goals real grinders, that is similar to Spain third tier, only the stadiums look nice.

Here we go again...

29 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Whats with the lack of fans?  Nobody likes to watch live soccer in uruguay?  People dont realize I have seen more fans at high school games.  As far as attentance goes this is one step up from a long line at my local tim hortons.  

Uruguay is a country of 3 million people, and almost every team in the league is in their capital city, pop ~1.5M. Fenix is one of the smaller clubs

It looks pretty bad, but I imagine it to be like asking what the attendance at Mississauga's twelfth most popular hockey team would be. It would still probably look better than the highlight, but quite a bit more comparable 

15 hours ago, canta15 said:

Here we go again...

Only because the England fan boys are at it again, dissing Uruguay as soon as they see tiny stadiums and refusing to look at the play. 

I am only responding to people who are constantly "at it" as you like to say. If they weren't, I wouldn't. 

If you don't want to hear it,  help me to convince them to come down off the high horse of Albany.

11 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Whats with the lack of fans?  Nobody likes to watch live soccer in uruguay?  People dont realize I have seen more fans at high school games.  As far as attentance goes this is one step up from a long line at my local tim hortons.  

Edit:

Was looking at this and in Uruguay 12 of the top 16 teams are in Montevideo. Fenix where Cavallini is is one of the more modest, with that small stadium of 5000. They say only 10 stadiums in the capital are in condition for games, including the  stadium home to the national team. 

Another stat, surprising, is that the average salary in top flight Uruguay is just over a thousand a month, shocking, one of the lowest in all of S America. Also that the national team coach, Tabárez, was the lowest paid of all coaches at the Brazil WC. Another comment, that they estimate 300 players who are out of work, with quality to play pro or semi pro but no team available, no team to absorb them. I don't think that is very usual.

There is a lot in the Uruguay press about reforming the league and improving the level, reducing teams, spiffing up stadiums, raising the minimums, which could work, but with so many good players in the country that would kick another 100 players into obscurity who are now getting by.

I was thinking about the imbalance, also seen in Scotland for example. If we had a 16 team league in Catalonia, with 7 million people, we'd have teams with only 2000 regular home fans for a similar-level team and teams with 80,000, I think it is how the clubs are distributed. In Argentina, in Buenos Aires, there is greater balance in attendance with maybe 5-6 teams drawing well, as is the case with London of course.

ok back on topic. that goal from cavallini showed great control and finish. need to see him back with the NT. 

we don't know if he wasn't called up in March or declined a call up. We do know for sure he was called up in November but pulled out because of injury. 

We have a decent amount of reporters who show up to these press conferences did anyone ask Floro if Cavallini was called up for those past two qualifiers versus Mexico? Moreover, if the question was not asked then why would they not ask him?

18 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Hmmmm, had to run to google to come up with a response, then go again to edit the first post almost completely?

Oops, didn't know you were not allowed to search for information on Google to update an internet forum post. I thought you could

I'm just learning the rules on this forum still.

17 hours ago, 1996 said:

We have a decent amount of reporters who show up to these press conferences did anyone ask Floro if Cavallini was called up for those past two qualifiers versus Mexico? Moreover, if the question was not asked then why would they not ask him?

Because they are spending more time on this board worrying about Robert's post than asking proper questions when they have the chance. And these are our professional journalists. 

Right now the soccer press in Canada is actually behind both the CSA, the players, the teams and the fans.

• 1 month later...

FINAL RESULTS

GOALS SCORED STATISTICS FOR CANADIANS ACROSS THE GLOBE
2015 - 2016

Strike rate calculated as goals scored per 90 minutes. Goals counted only in the domestic league first team at the professional level (2015 summer leagues and 2015-2016 winter leagues). Players are added to the list once they score at least 3 goals on the season. Please post videos of goals and your comments. I will do my best to update the list on a weekly basis.

Cyle Larin -----------------(Orlando City)-----17----1906----0.80
Olivier Occean---------------------------(Odd)----15----2208----0.61
Iain Hume--------------(Atletico de Kolkata)----11----1431----0.69
Issey Nakajima-Farran------(Terengganu)----10----????----????
Alessandro Riggi ------------(FC Montreal)------9----1669----0.49
Marcus Haber----------(Crewe Alexandra)------9----3110----0.26
Marco Bustos-----------------(Whitecaps 2)------7----1359----0.46
Caleb Clarke -----------------(Whitecaps 2)------7----1645----0.38
Lucas Cavallini--------------------(CA Fenix)-----7----2043----0.31
Jordan Webb------------------(Young Lions)-----6----1598----0.34
Junior Hoilett----------------------------(QPR)------6----1996----0.27
Daniel Haber----(Ironi Ramat Hasharon)------5-----780----0.58
Tesho Akindele------------------(FC Dallas)------5----1556----0.29
Charlie Trafford------------------------(KuPS)------5----2140----0.21
Brett Levis----------------------(Whitecaps 2)-----4----1094----0.33
Mo Babouli ----------------------------(TFC II)-----4----1625----0.22