2015 Ottawa Fury FC NASL Season

ironcub14

Chris Hofley @chrishofley 56m56 minutes ago

Going to be a big #FuryFC signing today, an international centre back, I believe. Stay tuned. #NASL

My unrealistic stupid random guess is Ricardo Costa (because obviously, players would leave their huge Qatar salary for a paltry Ottawa one lol), but a good realistic guess from Stuart.Mac at Fury Fanatic is Rafael Alves of Ft. Lauderdale. It's a bit of a downer from the Fury hype, but he is a big, international CB, who will be a very solid signing for the team with his league experience. Let's see in the afternoon.

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe 2 new members for the Fury family  today one announced already  Hudson Jacob Heinemann - born Jan. 25 Congrats Tom & Katrina Heinemann, the 2nd maybe a ex TFC player not Ryan Richter, one could dream it was  Dwayne De Rosario

Update

Second announcement (new signing) set for 2:30pm this afternoon

Hopefully he will have his head recovered from playing at TFC ..especially last year and come in with a real desire to score some goals and make TFC management pissed cause he becomes another that got away...

Like that Fury has gone out to create some competition and to upgrade talent.

did they buy his contract or was he a free agent at the end of the season

He was a free agent, TFC didn't re-sign him. I highly doubt that Ottawa would spend money on players already at clubs. They'll find free agents here and there, but I doubt that any north American club would pay a transfer unless he's really that good.

The reference was to former TFC player Rohan Ricketts not the Canadian Tosaint Ricketts. Rohan Ricketts played 50 games in the EPL at the start of his career before an amazing downward spiral where he subsequently signed with a lower and lower club each time and now at the age of 31 finds himself playing in the Hong Kong league: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rohan_Ricketts

As for Tosaint, he did pretty well in the Turkish second division so I am pretty sure he could score in the North American second division. He hasn't been scoring in the Israeli top tier but he is also on the one of the worst teams in the league and the lowest scoring team in league with the second worst goal differential. Their top scorer has 4 goals in 19 games and the next top scorer is a centre-back with 2 goals. That suggests he is on a team that is probably parking the bus and defending most games and not giving the attacking players much to work with. I am not saying he is a great striker or finisher by any means but lets not overexaggerate how bad he is either or claim that he is below NASL level.

Also, it seemed like a joke by Dub Narcotic, although a really bad one because Ricketts left MLS years ago  and the two recent TFC-flavoured signings haven't even played against him.

Ottawa has apparently signed 3 other unnamed players, my guess is that from this lot, there is one left back and one midfielder.

Oh right, Rohan Ricketts lol.

Better known for being a FORMER Toronto FC player because it's seems like he's been using that handle in his media platforms forever.

I find he fits a class of players who almost made it, but let his success get to his head to soon. If he spent as much time training as making videos, he'd still be at Arsenal lol.

Pre-Season Exhibition Schedule:

Friday, March 6 - Toronto FC vs Ottawa Fury FC (Kia Training Centre at Downsview) *Closed Doors*

Friday, March 13 - Ottawa Fury FC vs Rochester Rhinos (Complexe Branchaud-Briere - Gatineau, QC)

Friday, March 20 - Montreal Impact vs Ottawa Fury FC (Olympic Stadium) *Closed Doors*

Saturday, March 28 - Syracuse University vs Ottawa Fury FC (Syracuse University)

Tuesday, March 31 - Wake Forest Universtiy vs Ottawa Fury FC (Wake Forest University)

Archived