@ Philly

vs. New York

vs. Chicago

@ SKC

vs. Philly

vs. SKC

@ DC

@ Colorado

Wow, I don't see too many potential W's in that stretch. But i'm probably wrong, right? Nesta was way over the hill last year and he'll be of much more use on the coaching staff, and i'm sure Rivas can stay healthy for a full season. You guys will do just fine.

Dallas, Philly (twice), DC, Chicago, Colorado all seem fair game for Montreal to me. They could get a result at home against any of those and on the road it would be tougher but still look for them to snag some points. Out of 33 points I'll pick Montreal to15-16, get just under half.

Dallas, Philly (twice), DC, Chicago, Colorado all seem fair game for Montreal to me. They could get a result at home against any of those and on the road it would be tougher but still look for them to snag some points. Out of 33 points I'll pick Montreal to15-16, get just under half.

except DC and Chicago, all are better teams than Mtl, esp with no di Vaio

Di Vaio is still in Montreal, right? And he won't be suspended by the 4th game against Philly.

that's what I meant. no di Vaio in first 3 games = no points. and i think it's important for Montreal to start well, considering how fragile they are in attack and defence.

With Di Vaio out that means Wenger will get his big chance. He has not looked that great last season...

Also Bernier is still not 100% healthy so he might not start.

On a positive note Lefevre and Camara looked good in preseason.

• 5 weeks later...

Trillium isn't an Impact fan. He's an Ottawa Fury fan. We all know that you've written that for one person, maybe two with Grizzly, but eh, have fun.

Considering that Trollium uses 'we' when talking about the Impact, I would say he is a fan.

Funny how he is eerily silent now that TFC is doing well and the Impact are having trouble.

Considering that Trollium uses 'we' when talking about the Impact, I would say he is a fan.

Funny how he is eerily silent now that TFC is doing well and the Impact are having trouble.

Have you talked to "Trollium" I have, and yes he was an Impact season ticket holder until this year. He's not anymore because he chose to support his local team. If you're trying to troll someone, it's either me or Grizzly. 

Have you talked to "Trollium" I have, and yes he was an Impact season ticket holder until this year. He's not anymore because he chose to support his local team. If you're trying to troll someone, it's either me or Grizzly. 

I guess this was just a slip up than.

http://www.thevoyageurs.org/index.php?/topic/26021-montreal-impact-2014-roster-thread/?p=482519

What truth? I do get it that you're loving the fact that you're up there and that the Impact is down there. I don'T mind it, but please stop mentioning Trillium's name here. 

You made a point about Trollium and I disproved it.

Not sure why you can't just let it go and admit that you are wrong.

You made a point about Trollium and I disproved it.

Not sure why you can't just let it go and admit that you are wrong.

Oh dear oh dear narduch... you can complain about me as much as you want, its okay I know it helps you justify your meds program... ps your reference to "we" you have to read El Grande Grizzily's comment above my post... where he says How did we.... etc. I simply repeated it and suggested a why for how it happened, and I do apologize for not putting in in quotes for you to understand narduch ... the vagaries of posting from a smart phone...

As to the Impact... and the fortunes of the team after five games, I have a significant amount of belief that the Impact will make necessary changes  as the season unfolds, they had two starters suspended for the first three games, one of them a top scorer in the league, he is back on the pitch now... and the team management has gone out and signed a second striker a position that most fans of MLS would agree that Montreal required.

Now I happen to have season tickets to two professional teams, one the Impact for MLS and one the Fury my local city team in NASL, if that somehow is unreasonable to your Kook Aid concept hey ..go for it.

You seem to want to have me comment negatively on the current state of the Impact, I actually dont think I can given, I think the fan support has been excellent at the first two home games, the main supporters group still is strong and in good voice with pyro in the stadium... all things I do admire in a real club. Joey Saputo has not become a bean counter like your MLSE betters, so nope cant find a real "hate" vein there....

Just what from your in depth analysis is up for criticism narduch ...other then the start has not been at the torrid pace they had last year ?

Given I actually have coached soccer teams, I have sense of how things from one season to the next can look negative for time period, but if the core program is strong, and in the Impact case they bring players from the academy, loan out players to NASL teams ( Fury ) and have brought in players to meet needs which indicates strength and committment,  I think the points column will start looking better as the weeks pass.

But its good to you see you on the thread talking about the Impact ... hopefully you watch them on the tele or with your MLS live account to be sure you see the turn around, and if that does not happen at least you can rack up hours of gloating like a ... well like a Kook Aid drinker can.

PS you might want to note who started the TFC march to the Playoff thread...  just to know there is balance in the universe.

Now I am going to pour a libation.

Cheer  up  Impact  fans   you   are  starting   to  get  better   yes  I  know    you  are  in  last  place  but  you  are  slowly  turning  the  corner.   I   am  a  TFC   supporter   and  I  know  what  you  are  going  through  trust  me.  Good  Luck  in  the  season

• 4 weeks later...

I don't think we are in terrible form goes that would imply the players were playing poorer than their ability. I think we are just a terrible team. I said that before the season started and it is no coincidence that many experts predicted us to finish last.

Not sure which announcer said it, I think Sutton, but after the red card he said that it was a "natural reaction".  Only for someone who has not had experience with football should that ever be a natural reaction.  That was probably the most boneheaded (and deserved) red card I've ever witnessed on live TV.  

If you don't have that "natural instinct" trained out of you, so that it is no longer a natural instinct, then you haven't trained enough.  I was watching that going "wow, Warner.  Just wow."

I almost feel bad for him, for the way his teammates are gonna razz him.

Not sure which announcer said it, I think Sutton, but after the red card he said that it was a "natural reaction".  Only for someone who has not had experience with football should that ever be a natural reaction.  That was probably the most boneheaded (and deserved) red card I've ever witnessed on live TV.  

I believe that the first two times he handed the ball were unlucky, but the third time was clearly intentional. So, I don't mind the red card and penalty, because he was clearly denying a goal-scoring opportunity.  But, it's hard when you're on the ground to have reflexes like that to avoid handling the ball.  That's not something you're used to. And there were way worse boneheaded plays red card. Suarez in the WC QF against Ghana. Oxlade-Chamberlain recently in the Premier League. (Technically Gibbs, but you get the point) Soccer is not a sport where you're used to play on your backside, so I get that natural reaction. Please tell me what is your natural reaction if you're on your back side and the ball is on the ground between your body and your arm?

oh yeah, for sure, I've definitely seen worse red cards, it's just the worst one I've ever watched as it was happening live rather than in highlights.  (especially when you are a guy like me that works most Saturdays).

But yeah dude, for me, not handling the ball in the box with your hands HAS to be top of your mind when defending, it's not the first time I've seen someone down with a ball near them in a similar circumstance, it IS the first time I've ever seen that arm flailing scoop the ball up reaction.  

Archived