Canada vs Panama Sept. 7th 2012 @BMO Field Game Thread

jpg75

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I loved the disappearing ball trick. I don't like Dobson and the other guy commentaries, they are too dry for me. I listened instead to the Spanish guys, much more colorful. However they were critical of Canada saying that the team lacked ideas, all ball to the area were high ball and that the team is very limited with too many deficiencies. But they did recognized De Rosario as being the best player of the lot.

What kind of scenario are we looking at to secure a place in the hex? 10pts? 11?

Hard to say if we DRAW on the 11th and Honduras WINS then it will be

CANADA 8

Honduras 7

Panama 7

Cuba 0

Honduras will probably win against Cuba by 2goals or more....so they will jump into 2nd place. Games in OCTOBER will be Hell

What kind of scenario are we looking at to secure a place in the hex? 10pts? 11?

It's complicated. Just talked about it with others here and I think what we're looking at baring a win at Panama is we if can tie Honduras in the last game we'll get through (assuming 3 points taken at home against Cuba)

I loved the disappearing ball trick. I don't like Dobson and the other guy commentaries, they are too dry for me. I listened instead to the Spanish guys, much more colorful. However they were critical of Canada saying that the team lacked ideas, all ball to the area were high ball and that the team is very limited with too many deficiencies. But they did recognized De Rosario as being the best player of the lot.

I didn't think that DeRo was that great tonight ... he was fine. I thought Atiba was amazing ... just amazing. And JDG was very, very good too. So glad that McKenna didn't get that yellow to miss the next match!

Hard to say if we DRAW on the 11th and Honduras WINS then it will be

CANADA 8

Honduras 7

Panama 7

Cuba 0

Honduras will probably win against Cuba by 2goals or more....so they will jump into 2nd place. Games in OCTOBER will be Hell

I like this a lot better!

It will be hell, but what's new? As for goal scoring chances, real chances, you guys had nothing tonight. At least we hit the post. Oh, and the back of the net.

we got better and closer chances than canada, again your have nothing and what will be different? have you ever try to hunt a moose, a hurt moose can kill you easily, that's how panama team and fans feel right now, be scare be very scare

ok you..guys win, scoring in the only way that you can score, we in Panamá feel that a team that it is not.better than us stole.a.tie, we usually.have respect.for.Canada but now.that respect is.gonne, tuesday in panama will be hell for teh canada. team and fans

see you tbere

By "hell" you mean even more diving?

we got better and closer chances than canada, again your have nothing and what will be different? have you ever try to hunt a moose, a hurt moose can kill you easily, that's how panama team and fans feel right now, be scare be very scare
yes, we are pissing our pants in fear. your boys spent most of their time flopping all over the field like rented hookers. what a show of pathetic diving!! I was told that Panama didn't do all that playacting and faking and diving. In fact, I think it was you who told us that. I've lost all respect for your team. You are just another bunch of Central Americans, no better than the rest.

Vive le Canada!

In CONCACAF, you win any way you can. Panama will be tough, but this team can hold a tie. Give them hell boys. Mourinho style it is... 11 men + a bus if necessary, but bring back that point.

This win puts tremendous pressure on Panama to beat Honduras

11 points are going to be needed in this group

Canada still allowed too much movement through the middle in the second half. That needs to be shot down. Man, that Rickets is fast

Go Canada!!!

I didn't think that DeRo was that great tonight ... he was fine. I thought Atiba was amazing ... just amazing. And JDG was very, very good too. So glad that McKenna didn't get that yellow to miss the next match!

Agree about DeRo, not very good tonight and the same could be said of Jacson before he won that FK :)

As for Atiba he was excellent for almost all night but him and Julian did loose the ball in key spots a couple of time ad that's a concern for me because we left the midfield exposed and we could've paid for it.

I also agree with the spanish commentators who reportedly said we lack ideas. That's true, very little was shown offensively in both of our home games and almost all our chances have came from set pieces.

Our back 4 looked solid all night long but those last 10 min were scary at times.

Anyways, I don't care how we took the 3 pts, the important thing is we did it in a must win game. Congrats to the team.

As for our chances of getting to the Hex, a tie in Panama and a win against Cuba would do it unless Panama and Honduras tie their game. A win in Panama would get us through.

Your team plays disgraceful. The play acting is out of this world, don't you think?

Let's look at this with a cool head now. WE Were Lucky, We played well but couldn't finish. At the same time we let Panama run in our backyard. This shouldn't have happened. Panama could have easily scored too.

Sep 11 Panama - CANADA

Oct 12 CANADA - Cuba

Oct 16 Honduras - CANADA

CURRENT STANDINGS

CANADA 7

Panama 6

Honduras 4

Cuba 0

WORST CASE SCENARIO Canada loses in Panama and Honduras Wins with Cuba

Panama 9

Honduras 7

CANADA 7 (goal diff btwn us and Honduras)

Cuba 0

Then on the 12th Oct, Canada WINS with Cuba and Honduras Wins with Panama

Honduras 10

CANADA 10 (goal diff)

Panama 9

Cuba 0

Oct 16th.............I don't want to think about it. We CANNOT AFFORD to Fck Up with CUBA 3pts are a must

Let's look at this with a cool head now. WE Were Lucky, We played well but couldn't finish. At the same time we let Panama run in our backyard. This shouldn't have happened. Panama could have easily scored too.
Yeah, but ain't that the story most of the time in international football? You play well, even dominate for stretches, then find yourself down a goal late. Except this time, we actually SCORED late, which makes us lucky. In the other scenario, we are just unlucky. In the end, it doesn't matter. What matter is that you downed 8 beers in under 90 minutes AND we won!! I'd say you had a good night. I sure did.

Archived