Canada vs Panama Sept. 7th 2012 @BMO Field Game Thread

jpg75

This is really strange, I assumed that the odds would be very close based on both our history of failures and Panama showing they can win away in a much more hostile atmosphere in Honduras.

I would have assumed that the odds would have been a little more even as well but I would hardly call those odds strange. We are not listed as heavy favourites.

However:

Cuba 6.50 Draw 3.80 Honduras 1.53

I think most would agree with that.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It doesn't matter if we are drinking the Hutch at RB Kool-Aid...it matters if Hart is. I for one, am trying to predict what Hart may do. Otherwise I'd be pushing totally different formations.

Yup when we think about what Hart's "values" have been, consistency is one of his biggest. For the sake of consistency it would be much easier to bring in a new RB/CB to the Starting XI for Hainault than completely re-jigging the midfield by moving Hutchinson to a position that he has never played once in his 58 caps with the national team.

Yup when we think about what Hart's "values" have been, consistency is one of his biggest. For the sake of consistency it would be much easier to bring in a new RB/CB to the Starting XI for Hainault than completely re-jigging the midfield by moving Hutchinson to a position that he has never played once in his 58 caps with the national team.

Are you sure about that Sam? I seem to remember him playing RB in his early days with the team in the GC and marking Donovan very well! The other thing is, Hutch has been injured and missed a bunch of matches with us recently so is it really so disrupting taking him out of a midfield he hasn't featured in a whole bunch lately? I think Ledgerwood has been OK playing RB for us but I just think Hutch would be much more dynamic at both ends of the pitch if in fact we have to move Edgar to CB!

Are you sure about that Sam? I seem to remember him playing RB in his early days with the team in the GC and marking Donovan very well! The other thing is, Hutch has been injured and missed a bunch of matches with us recently so is it really so disrupting taking him out of a midfield he hasn't featured in a whole bunch lately? I think Ledgerwood has been OK playing RB for us but I just think Hutch would be much more dynamic at both ends of the pitch if in fact we have to move Edgar to CB!

I could be wrong, but I can't remember Hutch ever playing RB for the national team. And if I'm wrong about that, he definitely hasn't played the position under Hart so I think my point is the same.

I could be wrong, but I can't remember Hutch ever playing RB for the national team. And if I'm wrong about that, he definitely hasn't played the position under Hart so I think my point is the same.

RB during the campaign for WC 06 in 2004. CB with McKenna during the GC 05, teamed with McKenna, Simpson at LB, Braz at RB, eventually pushed into midfield vs Cuba.

I won't say never because possibly there is a game I am forgetting but I can not remember him ever playing RB for us either. He has definitely played CB for us before and did quite well in that position though he was in better overall form at the time than what we have seen recently.

I remember him getting pressed into emergency service as a CB vs Northern Ireland partnering Reda (Gervais red card? and McKenna injury) but I don't recall anything else at CB until the one match last fall vs one of the minnows in qualifying, however that stint didn't continue.

Archived