Follow the capos

Admin

The USA game was a mess support wise for a number of reasons.

We are replacing the dead megaphone so that will make a big difference.

We had a lot of back seat capo action going on and it was really screwing things up.

With a megaphone & large drum... we need people to follow the capos not start their own stuff.

If the capo is quiet, yell at them to start something.

Yes we only have a few songs and chants.

We need them to be simple and relentless even if it gets boring tomorrow. We will add more in time.

Tomorrow fcking matters. Bring it!!!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For a simplified song sheet.

I don't the names to these songs... do they have names?

1. Built a house on lakeshore for the reds

2. We Love you (but with 'our country' not Canada)

Well known enough are:

Reds Go Marching In

Allez Allez Les Rouge

Various Chants that are self explanitory

As I suggested before, we should not only follow our Capos, but let's have a few assistant capos. Nothing super official, just make sure if you are a Vee who a) knows the chants like the back of your hand and B) are 12 rows up or higher, take it upon yourself to make sure people can hear you at the top.

Team effort boys, they can't to it on their own. Will post a smaller song sheet later today.

If I may add my two cents... as Jamie says, song sheets should be very simple. The ones we use over and over. All of the more creative stuff is awesome, but it's more important to ingrain the simple stuff into the heads of as many people as possible so that, eventually, we can build on it. But the base knowledge needs to get in there first.

Also, probably a good idea to announce this sort of thing at Maro before we march. A lot of people probably aren't being backseat capos in order to screw things up, they just don't know any better. But we should make clear to whoever's there that we have the biggest impact if we all follow the leaders.

Also, probably a good idea to announce this sort of thing at Maro before we march. A lot of people probably aren't being backseat capos in order to screw things up, they just don't know any better. But we should make clear to whoever's there that we have the biggest impact if we all follow the leaders.

We should kill music at Maro. There was way more chanting, singing etc in previous games when there was no ipod playing. Music is good from 4-5:30, but for the last hour or so before we take off, we should be doing songs and chants. That's how people learn so they know em at the stadium.

I think this will be a whole lot easier if we get some chants going pre-match at the Maro. Just get a group of 10 to start singing something loudly and soon enough you should have the whole bar doing it.

I was about 10 rows up in 114 and I honestly had a hard time picking up all of the songs. It felt like the people around me weren't getting into it because they didn't know what was being sung in the front rows of 113. Hopefully everyone will be up for it Tuesday and there won't be dead spaces, but I agree, it's very helpful for people about halfway up to really get things going to get the chants going to the back of the section. It seemed like the "where is Waldo" chant got started in the middle. And I don't think it was intentional attempt to undermine the capo, but if no one around you is singing, I can understand people trying to get things going.

Hopefully we'll be united and organized tomorrow. It's a huge match.

cheers,

matthew

We should kill music at Maro. There was way more chanting, singing etc in previous games when there was no ipod playing. Music is good from 4-5:30, but for the last hour or so before we take off, we should be doing songs and chants. That's how people learn so they know em at the stadium.

Agreed.

Dear Maro,

More bartenders, less music. K thnx

Love,

The Voyageurs

Let's just clear this up, 4-5 songs isn't even our basics. There were easily 8-10 chants that we did last game, that we do every game and we didn't do any obscure ones. Rest assured, I've paired the sheets down (and printed them already BTW before this thread popped up) but to blame a sub par cheering performance on too many options is a little off. If anything, the 3rd and 4th time chants came around people were less interested and tired of cheering. Boring them by doing the same 4 chants over and over again isn't the answer.

We have Capos, they have done it before, they are good at it. Give them help by pitching ideas, don't half-ass the chants, and make sure the top can hear you. I was in the last row of 112 and very few people were chanting because no one was there to engage them and when they were, we still couldn't hear the the bottom. The megaphone will help that.

Also I think a good capo picks up a chant that starts in the middle and goes with it. We don't want people in the middle drunkenly running the show but damn sure, if there is a silence someone is going to start something no matter what happens.

Last point, Not everyone are die hard footy fans. They don't go to cuba, they don't check these forums. They go cause guys and girls like us ask them to come and have a good time. So funny and amusing chants go VERY VERY far in getting people into it. Hence the success of where's waldo.

Let's not over think this, just go out and be loud together.

I'll follow the capo, but can we please do more than 2 songs? I swear all we did in the US match was the "we love you" and the "allez les rouge" we have more songs... Considering it's in Toronto, and most of the people there are TFC fans, we could have used more of tfc chant sheet, which quite a few songs, don't need any lyric changes.

Big flags are ready. 22in bass drum is ready.

Get to the stadium early (try to leave maro by 6.25 to be in the stands ready by 7)

add to the chant list: "Fight for the Badge"

Home or Away

We are with you

Fight for the Badge

Canada Gol

Laaa La La La

Laaaa La La La

Laaa La La La

Laaaa La La La

to the tune of "call me maybe"

Hey I just met you, and this is crazy

but don't drive home with, Charlie Davies

And all the other cars, get home safely

So don't drive home with, Charlie Davies.

Oh great, you are back to making fun of a car accident in which Charlie Davies was a passenger and a girl died. Pretty much everyone hated your idea of a banner making fun of this so now you try again and come up with a song. Stay classy.

Oh great, you are back to making fun of a car accident in which Charlie Davies was a passenger and a girl died. Pretty much everyone hated your idea of a banner making fun of this so now you try again and come up with a song. Stay classy.

I have to agree. Making fun of someone over an incident where someone died (maybe even a loved on) is going way too far. I hated it when i heard of the original incident although i dont know the full story; i only have second hand account of that one. But hey, people can chant what they want, its not up to me what someone else chooses to do. But i dont have to particpate. I just hope that people are aware of the circumstance of what they are chanting.

Thankfully nobody ever made racist chants at all the games i have ever been to. But making fun of these kind of incident is pretty much or arguably on par with racist chants.

Archived