Follow the capos

Admin

Alright, my fault for stupidly bringing up something that I should have realized was divisive. Some people think it's horribly crass and inappropriate, some people got a chuckle out of it. (And some do both.) Let's agree that the Davies chant's never getting sung, and focus on the ones that will. Sorry again folks.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We should kill music at Maro. There was way more chanting, singing etc in previous games when there was no ipod playing. Music is good from 4-5:30, but for the last hour or so before we take off, we should be doing songs and chants. That's how people learn so they know em at the stadium.

that's a really good idea. I brought some friends the last cycle and had shown them youtube vids of the common songs before we left, but they were unsure about singing until they heard the singing in the pub and during the march. By the time we got to the stadium, they were easily memorized.

wicked! you guys use the dero-bingo song? I thought that died a quick death! Although "There was a man from Scarborough" is definitely better than whatever I'd said. Looking forward to that one.

Do we have a team of fact checkers working on our songs? We don't want another Globe and Mail article pointing out the inaccuracies of our chants. I can see it now: "...and I have first hand knowledge that these ruffians in the south end are neither blind, nor deaf and I highly doubt that they want to be a ref."

:P

Do we have a team of fact checkers working on our songs? We don't want another Globe and Mail article pointing out the inaccuracies of our chants. I can see it now: "...and I have first hand knowledge that these ruffians in the south end are neither blind, nor deaf and I highly doubt that they want to be a ref."

:P

What?

A Globe columnist with no sense of humour wrote a piece after the USA game correcting the apparently clueless soccer fans that Canadian health care is not actually free.

Which is why I cringe when people chant it.

If you changed to free and good health care for people who are poor, it might be better.

Jesus, no one is using the Davies chant. We didn't even sing at the game and I didn't put it on any song sheet because it had been previously expressed in other threads that people found that topic offside, so majority willing it was dropped. (I won't even say majority willing, three or four of you expressed that you felt it to be in poor taste, so I dropped it)

A few of the boys were sharing beers and having a laugh and what I joke about with my friends on my downtime is my business. Someone asked, I posted it. Certainly a joke that wouldn't even get a sniff from the censors on "family guy" can't be more offensive than ripping chairs out and throwing them at helpless fans right Grizz? Everyone else has my apologies, Grizz knows what he can do.

A Globe columnist with no sense of humour wrote a piece after the USA game correcting the apparently clueless soccer fans that Canadian health care is not actually free.

I didnt see the article. But i completely agree. It is very stupid to chant "free health care". Its not free people!

Why is it that these song/chant or banner making threads always turn into a pissing match? Maybe we should scrap the whole organizing thing and let it be spontaneous if it's gonna cause people to bitch and complain all the time, just a thought!

Jesus, no one is using the Davies chant. We didn't even sing at the game and I didn't put it on any song sheet because it had been previously expressed in other threads that people found that topic offside, so majority willing it was dropped. (I won't even say majority willing, three or four of you expressed that you felt it to be in poor taste, so I dropped it)

A few of the boys were sharing beers and having a laugh and what I joke about with my friends on my downtime is my business. Someone asked, I posted it. Certainly a joke that wouldn't even get a sniff from the censors on "family guy" can't be more offensive than ripping chairs out and throwing them at helpless fans right Grizz? Everyone else has my apologies, Grizz knows what he can do.

What one does in private when no one is looking says a lot about that person's character. Your obsession with Charlie Davies and his accident is extremely bizarre. However, you are absolutely right that what you do in private with your friends is your business but only if you keep it private. Once YOU post about it on a PUBLIC forum it is the business of everyone who reads it. If a great many of them find it offensive and comment negatively about it don't be surprised or bitch about it since you were the one who made it public in the first place. If you want to keep your private life private then keep it private.

It is also really great of you to bring up the BMO incident once again given the very divisive discussion about it on the other thread. But since you insist on mentioning it, while there were probably some innocent fans nearby, the flare/chairs were thrown at TFC fans who were attacking two outnumbered Impact fans. One can debate all one wants about whether that is a correct course of action but personally if a group of Voyageurs see a bunch of Honduran fans attacking outnumbered Canada fans tomorrow I would hope that the Canada fans would do what they have to do to save the asses of the Canadians even if it puts some Hondurans not participating in the attack at risk. And if you want to play the "holier than thou" condemnation game just remember the whole near riot at the end of the last Canada-Honduras WCQ in Montreal was caused by much less, not even a physical assault but Canadians/Voyageurs violently objecting to the Hondurans throwing beer at us after we lost the game. A number of Voyageurs and Canadian supporters, some quite prominent and from various cities including Toronto did various acts of violence (and the Hondurans were by no means unwilling or innocent participants in the incident either). I am not condemning them and in my opinion the Hondurans provoked it but it is pretty hypocritical to hear you always condemning incidents involving UM or Impact fans without any similar condemnation of incidents involving TFC fans or Voyageurs.

[MOD]Alright, are you kids done? The personal jabs aren't necessary on either side. I'm hoping this is just nervous nenergy for tomorrow being blown off. As Gator mentioned, it's kinda sad that these threads usually devolve into this.[/MOD]

For my part, I apologize for making (what I thought was) a joke. Back to your regularly scheduled thread.

Gah too many threads! Especially way too many threads about chants and capos and voyageurs stuff. I only checked the posts this afternoon, and now it's midnight here, and there were a tonne of posts again. I went and checked every one and was THROUGHLY disappointed that it was ALL about voyageurs able to go to the game, their tickets, the chants, their fan atmosphere...so far not one post about the actual bloody game.

For a fan from Alberta that watches the games on TV, I'm sick to death with that kind of overkill...at least keep that stuff to only a couple threads to that the stuff that bears relevancy to me doesn't get completely lost

Gah too many threads! Especially way too many threads about chants and capos and voyageurs stuff. I only checked the posts this afternoon, and now it's midnight here, and there were a tonne of posts again. I went and checked every one and was THROUGHLY disappointed that it was ALL about voyageurs able to go to the game, their tickets, the chants, their fan atmosphere...so far not one post about the actual bloody game.

For a fan from Alberta that watches the games on TV, I'm sick to death with that kind of overkill...at least keep that stuff to only a couple threads to that the stuff that bears relevancy to me doesn't get completely lost

huh?

He's right. There's way too many threads for one game. In the olden days a game had one thread and it was easy to follow. Hell, I just contributed to the problem by starting a new thread about a Hart interview because I couldn't think of where to put my post.

I guess so. People were complaining there wasn't enough activity and now it's too hard to follow it all?

I for one enjoy seeing as many lit up threads as possible. Except that bloody JDG2 thread!

I demand that everyone on this free public forum refrains from posting things that I don't like reading. Also, when you post things that I do like reading, keep them succinct and well organized. I like flapjacks for breakfast with just a sprinkle of powdered sugar and I'll need that served to me in bed. When you see me on the highway that means I'm on the way to work and I'm probably in a hurry, so you'll have to pull over to the side of the road until I pass. In supermarket queues, let me go ahead of you because seriously who is more important here me or you? Before you answer that question, I'll need my feet rubbed and fifteen minutes alone with your wife before you cook me a ribeye steak and push my cuticles.

Are you writing this down?

I demand that everyone on this free public forum refrains from posting things that I don't like reading. Also, when you post things that I do like reading, keep them succinct and well organized. I like flapjacks for breakfast with just a sprinkle of powdered sugar and I'll need that served to me in bed. When you see me on the highway that means I'm on the way to work and I'm probably in a hurry, so you'll have to pull over to the side of the road until I pass. In supermarket queues, let me go ahead of you because seriously who is more important here me or you? Before you answer that question, I'll need my feet rubbed and fifteen minutes alone with your wife before you cook me a ribeye steak and push my cuticles.

Are you writing this down?

Oh my. I really think you would have fun here.

Archived