Jaime Peters

ThiKu

haha, I realize he is "home" now...I am just starting fun ideas. He's certainly of sufficient calibre for TFC though no? He could play RB, RM/W, and even some CM in emergency as we've seen him do for CMNT at various times.

Obviously he'd be an excellent pick-up for MTL in those positions. The only spot I imagine he'd be able to take on at Vancouver is to either replace one of the depth MF (and as such rarely play). He won't take any wing positions from the Whitecaps current players. BUT he'd be a significant upgrade at FB over Klazura or Harvey (I suspect Peters could play LB reasonably well as he is a bright technical player).

I have no clue what kind of salary Peters would require but probably around 80-100G?

Please sign with an American MLS club Jaime...

For some reason our Canadian clubs love to hate Canadian players, meanwhile the US clubs, you know the ones that actually make the playoffs and win championships, use them as key pieces.

Please sign with an American MLS club Jaime...

For some reason our Canadian clubs love to hate Canadian players, meanwhile the US clubs, you know the ones that actually make the playoffs and win championships, use them as key pieces.

Except that TFC usually have a minimum of 3 Canucks in the starting lineup...but hey, why should Morgan, De Guzman, Dunfield, Henry, Cann or Emory count?

Sure TFC has done well recently in playing Canadians but in the past Canadians have been scapegoated for no clear reason other than their nationality. De Guzman has been really punished as a DP in his time here and De Rosario was killed for the cheque signing incident (rightfully so). But where were the fans on Saturday when "captain" Frings tore off his armband and tossed it on the pitch? Or when Koevermans has done.. well NOTHING all season? Pretty poor form in my opinion.

Emory is from Idaho...

But point taken. TFC has sufficient canadian content. It would be better if players like Dunfield and De Guzman were replaced with home grown or younger canadians...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Peters might work out well at TFC, but I am struggling a bit to figure out exactly where we could use him best. As bad as the team has been playing this season, we do seem to have alot of possibilities in most positions (assuming Winter sticks to his 4-3-3 9/10 times). At RB we have Eckersley, possibly Hall and Henry. In Midfield it looks like the optimal trio is Frings in the center playing box to box, DeGuz, Dunfield or Stinson playing defensive mid and Avila or Silva as an offensive mid. Right forward seems to be covered by Soolsma and Lambe. I can see Peters offering competition at one of these spots. Is there anywhere else Peters could slot into the line up, maybe as a sub?

Montreal would certainly be better off with Peters than with Jeb Brovsky, but sadly I agree that Toronto (and Vancouver) wouldn't be great fits. I'm not utterly convinced Peters is worth the amount of money he'd probably demand to come to MLS anyway.

Peters would be an upgrade over a number of Whitecaps players. Easy. But defo an upgrade for Brovsky at MTL.

I would laugh hysterically at the thought of taking Peters over Lee at right back. I'd take Peters over Klazura, but I wouldn't take Peters-at-League-One-money over Klazura-at-MLS-developmental-money.

In attacking midfield? Again, I can see Peters as useful depth but not as the regular starter his cash would demand. He'd certainly have to be behind Le Toux, Chiumiento, Teibert as the attacking option.

Sure TFC has done well recently in playing Canadians but in the past Canadians have been scapegoated for no clear reason other than their nationality. De Guzman has been really punished as a DP in his time here and De Rosario was killed for the cheque signing incident (rightfully so). But where were the fans on Saturday when "captain" Frings tore off his armband and tossed it on the pitch? Or when Koevermans has done.. well NOTHING all season? Pretty poor form in my opinion.

Um, really?

Take a look at the last line of this article and tell me if Frings' captaincy deserves to be questioned (Full disclosure: It's my article.)

Peters would be an upgrade over a number of Whitecaps players. Easy. But defo an upgrade for Brovsky at MTL.

Except that the starting RB for Montreal is Valentin not Brovsky. Brovsky has played because Valentin has been injured most of the season so far. Obviously he is not good enough to be a starter so if Valentin continues to be injured we need to find someone else within the squad who can play the position better (possibly Camara who should have been subbed in for Brovsky much earlier against TFC) or sign someone. Peters could be a good option depending on the salary he demands. He would be a definite upgrade over Brovsky, whether he is better than a fit Valentin or Camara moved over to RB is less clear.

@Lord Bob & Grizz. Can you show me in my post where I said Peters would be an upgrade over the preferred STARTERS at either Whitecaps or Montreal? .....

oh ya, that's right. I didn't say that. What I said specifically was "a number of Whitecaps players." Bob stated, what I was insinuating.

Peters>Klazura. Le Toux, Dede, Teibert>Peters.

For me, Peters is ahead of Franks, AND Harvey. Even if Peters doesn't play their positions. He is adaptable, as are others on Whitecaps. Bob, I would take Peters at L1 money of Klazura at MLSDev money any day.