Jaime Peters

ThiKu

Well guess we know where you stand lol.  For the record though some of your answers you base as fact are really just your assumption, a whole lot of assumptions.   For example it would be pretty naive to think that they (sorry for using the word) have no economic model in place and that they just announced the league for shits and giggles.  Now I have no proof that they do have one but unless you have some really well placed sources that you aren't willing to disclose I can assume you don't have any proof that they don't have an economic model in place.

All good though.  Some look at the glass half empty, some look half full.  Cheers.

17 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I am so tired of this puerile citing of "they", which is, effectively, nobody, nothing. There is no "they", there is no voice, there is no league, there is no authority. Not a single voice is currently authorized to speak for this and can be cited, reliably, as "they".

Let's go through this:

are they talking about a league? YES

have they talked about a league before? YES

did they get the league done before when they talked about it? NO

do they have enough owners groups to start a league? NO

do they have enough venues designated for a league? NO

do they have the MLS teams onside or least not creating interference in their respective metropoli? NO

do they have the economic model in place? NO

do they have sponsorship deals set up? NO

have they sorted out how a league would be sanctioned in relation to existing pro and semipro teams? NO

is the man who initiated this, our former CSA president, still involved in carrying it forward? NO

have the provincial FA's come out clearly in support? NO

is it reasonable to have a league in Canada starting in the fall? NO

does it make sense to start a league project by doing it half-assed, starting in the fall and doing a pseudo-season? NO

would it be better to wait until you have at least 6 ownership groups, then make a league entity with a protocol for expansion, then start a proper league, marketed right, promoted well, properly sponsored and financed? YES

does the current state of the question justify the former scenario being carried out in 2018? NO

if four more ownership groups come on board would it make sense to do a half season in fall 2018? NO

is the constant and overly enthused citing of "they" a demonstration of the naivety of Canadian soccer fans? TBD

Such a shame to write such a fun post on a Jamie Peters thread....oh well....

12 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Wow, I had to look at this 3 times....you quote your own post from 22minutes ago.  Were you worried no one heard you the first time??  Jamie Peters is not amused...

Bison44 logic: Unnamed Trialist unreliably quotes his own post after a few minutes>his post is skeptical about a Canadian league>therefore: WE ARE GETTING A LEAGUE FOR SURE IN 2018!

54 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

So Jeffrey is a shit poster for calling out the BS regarding the CPL? There are alot of people with their heads in the clouds about the league and not thinking rationally about it.

I think reflex cynicism is just as irrational as blind optimism. It's a defense mechanism more than anything. 

Also never called him a shit poster 

Edited by Complete Homer

Has anyone on this board ever made a business plan and carried it out fulfilling deadlines and staying close to the critical path with all stakeholders engaged? Even including optimistic and pessimistic projections? With individuals assigned to tasks and responsable for completing them? How about being paid to set up a league taking the CSA brief and interpreting it transparently? A league needs public input and debate and should not be a fully private endeavour.

How about hiring a professional consultancy with sports management experience and specific football experience? And being paid more to get the job done, less if you fail?

Nothing about any of the entire process has any credibility. ...but hey, can't argue with those logo ideas and t-shirts can you? Not if your a real Canada soccer fan on the Voyageurs board. 

(apologises to dyslexic Nam for being the problem with Canadian soccer, that's rich: you are such a total douce to say something like that)

Edited by Unnamed Trialist
douche alert

I'm the douche?  lol.  You singlehandedly dismissed every positive post in every thread on CPL.  There are fun posts about logos that are getting people excited and engaged.  There are threads where people are sharing real, tangible info that is coming out about the emerging league.  There are people who are organizing supporters groups to start showing interested owners that there is an excited and engaged fanbase to support local teams.  And yes, there are people who are doing some total blue-sky thinking about where a Canadian footy league could be in 20-30 years.  But to you, "All CanPL threads on this board are officially shitpost threads, they only differ in tone and viscosity."  That is such a bullshit, asshole statement to make at a time when people are really excited about positive developments. 

And I never said you are "the problem with Canadian soccer".  I said that supporters like you don't help the cause.  And I stand by that statement.

Sorry if that puts you in butthurt defensive mode, but people are tired of your negative, cynical bullshit.  We may not all have the kind of hugely impressive Barca street cred that you like to dole out when someone calls out your bullshit, but we are at least trying to be positive about where Canadian footy can go, if we all try to make something like CPL happen.  People are organizing supporters groups, getting people out to real, actual meetings to put things in motion at the local level.  And regardless of what you think, that matters.  Will CPL be a huge success or will it crash and burn?  No one knows.  But this is a Canadian supporter site, so don't be surprised (or a negative douche) when people are actually supportive of exciting developments in the Canadian footy landscape.

Nothing has been finalized yet, but we have heard very encouraging noises from our national association, from some motivated owners, and a lead guy (with a track record of success) who has been hired to help bring it all to fruition.  So yeah, people are excited.  And yeah, maybe some posts are getting a bit ahead of things when it comes to the actual state of affairs.  But I would far rather have my head in the clouds than be anywhere near your headspace.

Edited by dyslexic nam

7 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Has anyone on this board ever made a business plan and carried it out fulfilling deadlines and staying close to the critical path with all stakeholders engaged? Even including optimistic and pessimistic projections? With individuals assigned to tasks and responsable for completing them? How about being paid to set up a league taking the CSA brief and interpreting it transparently? A league needs public input and debate and should not be a fully private endeavour.

How about hiring a professional consultancy with sports management experience and specific football experience? And being paid more to get the job done, less if you fail?

Nothing about any of the entire process has any credibility. ...but hey, can't argue with those logo ideas and t-shirts can you? Not if your a real Canada soccer fan on the Voyageurs board. 

(apologises to dyslexic Nam for being the problem with Canadian soccer, that's rich: you are such a total douce to say something like that)

Ok...not attempting to escalate here, but I really don't think you or anyone here has enough information to claim that the "entire process lacks credibility"

Just because there are fans doing their own thing on the side doesn't mean the people actually involved don't know what they are doing

11 hours ago, jpg75 said:

So Jeffrey is a shit poster for calling out the BS regarding the CPL? There are alot of people with their heads in the clouds about the league and not thinking rationally about it.

I'll agree that there isn't a lot of rational thinking going on, but it goes both ways.  As much as there are people with their heads in the clouds with optimism there's just as bad of people with the negativity, still refusing to believe that the league is even possible despite more and more evidence every day. 

14 minutes ago, Complete Homer said:

Ok...not attempting to escalate here, but I really don't think you or anyone here has enough information to claim that the "entire process lacks credibility"

Just because there are fans doing their own thing on the side doesn't mean the people actually involved don't know what they are doing

Had a reply started like this but you said it much better than I would.  Just because the cynics don't know every step along the way doesn't mean that due diligence isn't or hasn't being done and calling out the lack of credibility is really a joke.  

The CPL folks have been controlling the message from the beginning, starting with the leaks to the likes of Rollins and Totera a couple of years ago, to get the hardcore fans talking about it.  Now that they're closer they're being more public with information and engaging the more casual fan.  Like I've said, looking back in hindsight I like the way they've rolled this out.

The cynics might be right in the end but I don't understand the constantly crapping on everything especially when they have little no evidence other than the ghosts of failed leagues and CSA missteps of the past.

6 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

I'm the douche?  lol.  You singlehandedly dismissed every positive post in every thread on CPL.  There are fun posts about logos that are getting people excited and engaged.  There are threads where people are sharing real, tangible info that is coming out about the emerging league.  There are people who are organizing supporters groups to start showing interested owners that there is an excited and engaged fanbase to support local teams.  And yes, there are people who are doing some total blue-sky thinking about where a Canadian footy league could be in 20-30 years.  But to you, "All CanPL threads on this board are officially shitpost threads, they only differ in tone and viscosity."  That is such a bullshit, asshole statement to make at a time when people are really excited about positive developments. 

And I never said you are "the problem with Canadian soccer".  I said that supporters like you don't help the cause.  And I stand by that statement.

Sorry if that puts you in butthurt defensive mode, but people are tired of your negative, cynical bullshit.  We may not all have the kind of hugely impressive Barca street cred that you like to dole out when someone calls out your bullshit, but we are at least trying to be positive about where Canadian footy can go, if we all try to make something like CPL happen.  People are organizing supporters groups, getting people out to real, actual meetings to put things in motion at the local level.  And regardless of what you think, that matters.  Will CPL be a huge success or will it crash and burn?  No one knows.  But this is a Canadian supporter site, so don't be surprised (or a negative douche) when people are actually supportive of exciting developments in the Canadian footy landscape.

Nothing has been finalized yet, but we have heard very encouraging noises from our national association, from some motivated owners, and a lead guy (with a track record of success) who has been hired to help bring it all to fruition.  So yeah, people are excited.  And yeah, maybe some posts are getting a bit ahead of things when it comes to the actual state of affairs.  But I would far rather have my head in the clouds than be anywhere near your headspace.

I AM NOT THE PROBLEM WITH CANADIAN SOCCER, STOP VICTIMIZING ME!

IF YOU CONTINUE WITH YOUR DELUDED POSTING ABOUT ME STOPPING A CANADIAN LEAGUE SINGLE-HANDEDLY I WILL HAVE TO CONTINUE TO CALL YOU A TOTAL DOUCHE!

HOW DO I GET THE CAPS LOCKS OFF?

5 hours ago, Rheo said:

Had a reply started like this but you said it much better than I would.  Just because the cynics don't know every step along the way doesn't mean that due diligence isn't or hasn't being done and calling out the lack of credibility is really a joke.  

The CPL folks have been controlling the message from the beginning, starting with the leaks to the likes of Rollins and Totera a couple of years ago, to get the hardcore fans talking about it.  Now that they're closer they're being more public with information and engaging the more casual fan.  Like I've said, looking back in hindsight I like the way they've rolled this out.

The cynics might be right in the end but I don't understand the constantly crapping on everything especially when they have little no evidence other than the ghosts of failed leagues and CSA missteps of the past.

This is like saying the Angel Raphael is watching over the floods in Ontario and Quebec, he has everything under control. I was talking to a student of mine from Wolfe Island and now I know who's number to give her family to get the waters to move back. 

If you can do the same with the CPL people, give me their number so I can ask about our league, I'd appreciate it. 

5 hours ago, Rheo said:

I'll agree that there isn't a lot of rational thinking going on, but it goes both ways.  As much as there are people with their heads in the clouds with optimism there's just as bad of people with the negativity, still refusing to believe that the league is even possible despite more and more evidence every day. 

Rheo, I'll admit the evidence is not as thin as it was a few months ago. But it is still too thin to even think about skating on, never mind safe landings for small birds.

It is one thing for full-blooded Canadians to set up for ice-fishing, another thing to do it when there isn't any ice yet worth speaking of. That is deluded and naive, and merely repeats the fail narrative that has dominated our game for decades. Why perpetuate it so childishly?

Agree to disagree I guess sir.  As I said you might be right and you might be wrong.  I just choose to watch and let the facts unfold and have constructive conversations instead of bashing anything and everything with no evidence.  Cheers.

Edited by Rheo