Simeon Jackson

Wingback6

What..... lethal in the Championship but rather rubbish in the Prem? Jackson only netted 13 goals in the Championship for Norwich back in 2010/11 versus Beckford's 26 goals (09/10) and 24 goals (08/09) for Leeds, which led Everton to sign him.

http://www.soccerway.com/players/simeon-jackson/50554/

Lots of people are speculating Charlie Austin might be that kind of guy too.

League One.

• 1 year later...

I'd take him for sure at The Brazilian team in SE London. And with the new Belgian owner in place, we should be able to afford his wages. But I'll only believe it when I see him in a Charlton shirt (kinda like Camilo at Querataro...sorry Caps fans).

I'd say it's unlikely that Eintracht will let Jackson go before signing another player. Kruppke, Oehrl and Korte are out with long-term injuries. Maaaybe if a new striker is signed and Charlton is willing to spend some of this famous crazy English transfer money.

I'd say it's unlikely that Eintracht will let Jackson go before signing another player. Kruppke, Oehrl and Korte are out with long-term injuries. Maaaybe if a new striker is signed and Charlton is willing to spend some of this famous crazy English transfer money.

I highly suspect that if there is a transfer fee to be paid by Charlton to Braunschweig, it'll be rather nominal if anything at all.

I highly suspect that if there is a transfer fee to be paid by Charlton to Braunschweig, it'll be rather nominal if anything at all.

Without one, a move seems rather unrealistic right now. I doubt Eintracht will want to play the rest of the season with only three strikers. If any club wants him for free this won't happen until there's a replacement.

I'd rather see Jackson play B2 or at least stay on the continent. Championship strikers have NEVER produced for us in Concacaf play.

MLS might be just what he needs as we head towards another WCQ cycle.

That's just a stigma though. I figure whether he's in B2 or in Championship, it's not going to affect his strike rate as a national team player too much. He could go to B2 and have a great year, and someone could point at your post and say "SEE", but he could go B2, play crap for Canada, and prove it wrong. It's more about the player than where they play, at Jackson's age, his style isn't going to change a WHOLE lot by league influence. I know the style is different from league to league I just don't think it'll make that dramatic a difference.

Contrarily, from his output in England compared to his output in Germany, it might actually be safe to say he's better off in England, that his style of play suits England more. Form for club, form for country

There's a short mention of Jackson in today's paper which doesn't really hint at a transfer. Director of football Marc Arnold says on Jackson that he still hasn't adapted to Eintracht's style of play and has to work on that, but also that he still believes in his abilities.

There's a short mention of Jackson in today's paper which doesn't really hint at a transfer. Director of football Marc Arnold says on Jackson that he still hasn't adapted to Eintracht's style of play and has to work on that, but also that he still believes in his abilities.

Just read this tweet now

"Pete O'Rourke ‏@SkySportsPeteO 6m

Millwall are eyeing a move for former Norwich striker Simeon Jackson who is also a target for Charlton. #millwall #cafc"

As a Charlton supporter this would be a really good signing for the Addicks. They have a really good striker for the level, Yann Kermorgant, but he's a big guy without much fitness who has been asked to do more work than he's athletically capable of sometimes and is constantly fighting some minor injury. Really like him, but he'd be better with a small guy who can benefit from his doing the dirty work and limit the amount which he has to run around. Simon Church hasn't quite been that player; Sim would qualify.

With the new owner, it'll be interesting to see if he's willing to spend a bit. So far we've brought in a bunch of loanees from his other club, Standard Liege, but haven't splashed any cash. Certainly the budget had previously been pretty limited.

We did have Dom Dwyer, of Sporting Kansas City, in for training a couple weeks ago.

Edited by Lord Bob

Just read this tweet now

"Pete O'Rourke ‏@SkySportsPeteO 6m

Millwall are eyeing a move for former Norwich striker Simeon Jackson who is also a target for Charlton. #millwall #cafc"

Hasn't become much likelier. The interest might even be there and all, but I still doubt the club is willing to sell Jackson currently.

Charlton just paid a fee to acquire fullback Loïc Négo, so they have (or at least had) money to spend this window.

And we'll need money for a new pitch at The Valley too.

I somehow don't see Simeon coming to Charlton. Maybe his agent was putting feelers out there, as agents are known to do.

ouch. Also, you were right: They signed Salim Khelifi, another offensive talent!

Well, I don't think it was meant as a dig at Jackson (the exact wording was he wouldn't exclude the possibility of a sale). But since Khelifi could cover various positions if needed there is less need to keep Jackson as a backup now - and if his really unhappy about his lack of playing time it might be better to part ways on friendly terms. I could see him get more minutes in the future (he's got a 2 years contract after all) - new players often need time to adjust here, since Lieberknecht puts a lot of focus on tactics and understanding between the players. But if he wants to be a starter right now he needs to get to another club.