Simeon Jackson

Wingback6

What are people's thoughts on Simeon's future @ Norwich, assuming they stay up?

Personally, I think Paul Lambert is out of his league. The spirit he's instilled in the team, but his player management is questionable.

Often, I think the team succeeds in spite of him, rather than because.

I also think he doesn't rate Simeon very well, seems to prefer the run your pants of type players, who put in lots of effort with little to show,

rather than the cautious producer. That's fine in the Championship, and lower, but in the premier league, you have to produce.

So what does the future hold for Simeon, thoughts?

Does Simeon contract with Norwich ends this year? If it's not the case, I don't see why Simeon should leave Norwich. He's young, played his EPL season ever and I believe he's going to get better next year.

I predict more playing than he had this year and also more goals than the ones he scored so far.

I don't rate Simpson very highly. His goals certainly played a big role in the club's promotion but other than that, I haven't seen much from him. When he plays for Canada he has exactly stood out and I'd rather use him as a sub.

And who then should take his place?... the guy with the good strike rate?... oh wait...

Most of his CMNT games were as a wide player. For the CMNT I think he can be a difference maker if used correctly, and in the right pairing... I'm hoping him and OO gel well together.

As for his prospects at Norwich... it's concerning that he hasn't even been making it into the game day 18. I hope he sticks around because I'm confident that if he's given a run of games next year he can cement his place in the side. He's got 4 goals in all competitions this year and I bet his strike rate per 90 min is still quite good. If that hasn't happened by next January though, I think it's time for him to move on before his value/reputation starts to slip.

Edited by A_Gagne

Pretty sure Lambert has done an exceptional job with an almost completely EPL naive team. They have fallen off lately, but that is after they had put themselves well out of the relegation battle. We all are pulling for Simeon, but its not like hes at a level that demands a first 11 place in the epl and the 2 forwards Holt and Morrison have 13G 3A and 8G 4A, and Morrison offers a physical presence that Simeon cannot. Simeon should stay with Norwich and work hard to get more minutes and will be a better player for it. So in summary I think you are being very bias because like myself you are a Simeon Jackson fan.

Yeah, I think it would be very premature for him to jump ship on Norwich, it wasn't long ago that he was playing in league 2. Not sure why he would leave a club he has a place on that will be in the EPL next season.

He's only getting better and Norwich is not gonna run into a lot of money to upgrade massively, so as Jackson grows so will his role in Norwich.

I don't rate Simpson very highly.

Wait...what? Typo right....?

I'm a Simeon fan and I think if he stays at Norwich he'll do better next year; if not I don't fear for his prospects he'll do well. If he isn't getting regular playing time by December he should likely look for a transfer or a loan.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

Pretty sure Lambert has done an exceptional job with an almost completely EPL naive team. They have fallen off lately, but that is after they had put themselves well out of the relegation battle. We all are pulling for Simeon, but its not like hes at a level that demands a first 11 place in the epl and the 2 forwards Holt and Morrison have 13G 3A and 8G 4A, and Morrison offers a physical presence that Simeon cannot. Simeon should stay with Norwich and work hard to get more minutes and will be a better player for it. So in summary I think you are being very bias because like myself you are a Simeon Jackson fan.

While my bias is clear.y indicated by my presence on this forum alone, aside from starting this thread, I think to reduce my analysis to mere bias is a bit unfair.

I have been surprised by how many games Grant Holt has come into as a sub, often to score and change/or change the game. I realize he's a bit long in the tooth, but his leadership shows whenever he's on the field.

Morison, in contrast, took a long while to begin scoring consistently, and his strike rate, per number of starts is actually quite poor, considering that Simeon has nearly half as many goals in all competitions, despite only starting 11 games to Morison's 22. In fact, looking only at a starts to goals ration, they are equal.

And I'm not even going to get into Chris Martin. How he gets in the first 4 prem league games after a measly 4 goals the entire season before is beyond me.

I will repeat my point from before, if anyone has been naive about the EPL, it's been Lambert.

While my bias is clear.y indicated by my presence on this forum alone, aside from starting this thread, I think to reduce my analysis to mere bias is a bit unfair.

I have been surprised by how many games Grant Holt has come into as a sub, often to score and change/or change the game. I realize he's a bit long in the tooth, but his leadership shows whenever he's on the field.

Morison, in contrast, took a long while to begin scoring consistently, and his strike rate, per number of starts is actually quite poor, considering that Simeon has nearly half as many goals in all competitions, despite only starting 11 games to Morison's 22. In fact, looking only at a starts to goals ration, they are equal.

And I'm not even going to get into Chris Martin. How he gets in the first 4 prem league games after a measly 4 goals the entire season before is beyond me.

I will repeat my point from before, if anyone has been naive about the EPL, it's been Lambert.

You make some good points, you're right its unfair of me to simply write off you're opinion to bias. To me he seems to be getting maximum out of the players he has in his squad, his managing techniques are unorthodox for sure but he has gotten some great results and his team has been above the relegation zone for the whole season, which I think is a pretty big accomplishment given the talent and budget at his disposal. I think its unfair using Morison as a comparison, he offers a physical target striker and he works his ass off to do the dirty work which his teammates benefit from. Simeon is a better goalscorer than Morison I have no doubt of that, but Morison plays a role that Simeon cannot play and they are a very different style of striker. Just because Lambert is using unorthodox techniques does not make him tactically nieve, to the contrary his team has overachieved by all accounts and having a manager get that much from a side on such a shoestring budget in his first year in the league I don't know how anyone could call that a failure. So you are right he may be naive to the EPL but orthodox does'nt always mean better (look at Swansea for another example).

I don't rate Simpson very highly. His goals certainly played a big role in the club's promotion but other than that, I haven't seen much from him. When he plays for Canada he has exactly stood out and I'd rather use him as a sub.

This says it all about your post. =)

Maybe he hasn't exactly stood out (I am assuming you made a grammatical error), when playing with Canada; but maybe that'sbecause he has generally played out of position for them.

I don't disagree with you about using him as a sub when playing for Canada; but I am unsure we have the depth for this luxury. Our squad is usually pretty damn thin.

This says it all about your post. =)

Maybe he hasn't exactly stood out (I am assuming you made a grammatical error), when playing with Canada; but maybe that'sbecause he has generally played out of position for them.

I don't disagree with you about using him as a sub when playing for Canada; but I am unsure we have the depth for this luxury. Our squad is usually pretty damn thin.

Of course we have the depth to have Jackson on the bench... Ricketts, De Rosario, Hume all can play that RW role.

I'm not a Norwich supporter but I think the OP's criticism of Paul Lambert is harsh. When he took over at Carrow Road, the team were in a shambles in League One and I still remember vividly his Colchester Utd side going to Norwich on the opening day three seasons ago and given them a right hammering. It was hard on the Norwich legend and manager at the time, Bryan Gunn, but it needed shaking up, so Lambert was brought in. In that time, he's brought them from bottom of League One to the PL and safety. Simeon Jackson is a decent squad player but no more. Am I surprised he's not even in the 18 man squad, yes a bit. But at the end of the day, I'd rather put my trust in Lambert to get things right...and this is inspite of some no name players at Norwich who he has gelled into a decent attractive playing outfit. By extension, Jackson is just one of those no name players who has done well but just wasn't seen to be good enough at this late juncture of the season.

Guest Brethers
What are people's thoughts on Simeon's future @ Norwich, assuming they stay up?

Personally, I think Paul Lambert is out of his league. The spirit he's instilled in the team, but his player management is questionable.

Often, I think the team succeeds in spite of him, rather than because.

I also think he doesn't rate Simeon very well, seems to prefer the run your pants of type players, who put in lots of effort with little to show,

rather than the cautious producer. That's fine in the Championship, and lower, but in the premier league, you have to produce.

So what does the future hold for Simeon, thoughts?

I am in no way at all a Norwich fan, I only want to see Simeon do well. But I feel your criticism of Lambert to be wrong. He has taken this team to two successive promotions, and has got them performing well this season. The fact that he has taken players from the lower leagues, got them to buy into his system AND not disrupted the immense squad harmony (that he developed) shows how great a man manager he is. His squad rotation is so that no one gets too big for their boots, and also keeps every player interested with them getting a look in. I really feel for Simeon, he seemed to hit some good form and then got dropped. However James Vaughan has just come back from his injury and I think Lambert wants to see what he can offer now that they are virtually safe, unfortunately for Simeon they are similar types of players. I agree with you on Chris Martin, he's terrible and should be released. But again Lambert is most likely giving him a chance to prove himself in the premier league before making a decision on his future, which is fair enough.

I think it's fair to say that Norwich's recent poor form has coincided with his absence from the squad though.

Edited by Brethers

I'd like to get the real reasons behind him being dropped from the squad: there are rumors that he's being talked about by newly promoted Reading as well as Crystal Place in the Championship. So it seems that his days must be numbered, otherwise why the hell stop playing him.

His contract ends, and while he's put on a good role as sub (and sometimes starter), Norwich must feel that they can do without him. It's all business at this stage of the game. Jackson has to go out and prove himself to another team, which he seems to have done again and again.

To be fair - he's had his chances under Lambert - and Norwich have exceeded all expectations. On one hand, you could say that all the players deserve to stay on with big wage increases (as opposed to many changes if they had been under relegation pressure). But in the end, there's little reward for staying up in mid-table, only another fight to maintain your place the following year and maintain your status on the team. Holt has been the revelation of the team, getting mentions for the England squad, while a few others have improved their status this season. Many others, while not doing badly, haven't really stamped their place. I guess Jackson falls in this group.

• 1 month later...
I'd like to get the real reasons behind him being dropped from the squad: there are rumors that he's being talked about by newly promoted Reading as well as Crystal Place in the Championship. So it seems that his days must be numbered, otherwise why the hell stop playing him.

His contract ends, and while he's put on a good role as sub (and sometimes starter), Norwich must feel that they can do without him. It's all business at this stage of the game. Jackson has to go out and prove himself to another team, which he seems to have done again and again.

To be fair - he's had his chances under Lambert - and Norwich have exceeded all expectations. On one hand, you could say that all the players deserve to stay on with big wage increases (as opposed to many changes if they had been under relegation pressure). But in the end, there's little reward for staying up in mid-table, only another fight to maintain your place the following year and maintain your status on the team. Holt has been the revelation of the team, getting mentions for the England squad, while a few others have improved their status this season. Many others, while not doing badly, haven't really stamped their place. I guess Jackson falls in this group.

Wait, who got dropped from what squad? If Simeon is moving on, which I don't think he is, this thread doesn't make that very clear. I'm pretty sure he's staying with Norwich for now? It's the manager that's changing right?

And that's EXACTLY what Jackson's future depends on, is how highly the new manager rates him. If they promote an assistant, I bet they use Jackson quite a bit.

If they hire a new manager, then look out...I bet he goes on loan. Just sayin.

Hello there!

I'm a life long Norwich City F.C Season ticket holder and I live in Norwich, England. "Jacko" is loved by the fans here at Norwich as he never stops working and he has scored some vital goals in recent seasons. His contract was up for renewal this year but the club activated the 1 Year Extension so he is with us for at least another year in the Prem! Just to clear things up! ;)

Hello there!

I'm a life long Norwich City F.C Season ticket holder and I live in Norwich, England. "Jacko" is loved by the fans here at Norwich as he never stops working and he has scored some vital goals in recent seasons. His contract was up for renewal this year but the club activated the 1 Year Extension so he is with us for at least another year in the Prem! Just to clear things up! ;)

Good to hear, Thanks for the info!

• 5 months later...

Some bad news for Simeon if any of this happens.

Chamakh and Cole top Norwich hitlist as Hughton searches for more firepower

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2233051/Norwich-want-Marouane-Chamakh-Carlton-Cole.html

Norwich manager Chris Hughton has put a new striker at the top of his January shopping list.

The Canaries boss is set for talks with chief executive David McNally over his budget ahead of the forthcoming transfer window.

And Hughton will plead with Norwich chiefs for enough January cash to purchase a proven Premier League striker.

The Norfolk club have scored just eight league goals so far this season, the second lowest tally above Sunderland.