Simeon Jackson

Wingback6

Some bad news for Simeon if any of this happens.

Chamakh and Cole top Norwich hitlist as Hughton searches for more firepower

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2233051/Norwich-want-Marouane-Chamakh-Carlton-Cole.html

Norwich manager Chris Hughton has put a new striker at the top of his January shopping list.

The Canaries boss is set for talks with chief executive David McNally over his budget ahead of the forthcoming transfer window.

And Hughton will plead with Norwich chiefs for enough January cash to purchase a proven Premier League striker.

The Norfolk club have scored just eight league goals so far this season, the second lowest tally above Sunderland.

With 8 goals in 40 appearances, I'm not sure Chamakh counts as a "proven premier league striker"...

With 8 goals in 40 appearances, I'm not sure Chamakh counts as a "proven premier league striker"...

Yeah there were a few other names that have become middling at best that were to supposedly threaten Jackson's pitch time. I think once Jackson hits 40 appearances, which I hope he does, he'll have 8 goals as well. Right now he's sitting at 14 games in total with 4 goals, so his strike rate is actually better than Chamakh's, then.

It would be interesting to divide it up into goals/minute on the field as well, and see where that puts the two in terms of strike rates.

Yeah there were a few other names that have become middling at best that were to supposedly threaten Jackson's pitch time. I think once Jackson hits 40 appearances, which I hope he does, he'll have 8 goals as well. Right now he's sitting at 14 games in total with 4 goals, so his strike rate is actually better than Chamakh's, then.

It would be interesting to divide it up into goals/minute on the field as well, and see where that puts the two in terms of strike rates.

Chamakh games per goal = 2.79

Jackson games per goal = 3.38

Chamakh does a lot more work other than goals. For Arsenal he played more as a facilitator, is good in the air etc. I doubt Chamakh goes to Norwich, but unfortunately for Simeon he has to starting bringing more to the table then opportunistic goals. IDK if Simeon would be affected all that much from Chamakh tbh tho, probably more so Morrison and to some extent Holt, Simeon is a different option from all 3.

I think Simeon's time is up at Norwich barring some unforeseen events. He's out of contract at the end of the season and I can't see them handing him a new deal

I can't see another Premier League side signing him that would give him a good amount of playing time; do you guys think he would be better served playing back in the npower champs or playing in MLS?

Of course, I hope I'm wrong and Jackson scores 25 goals this season...

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

I can't see another Premier League side signing him that would give him a good amount of playing time; do you guys think he would be better served playing back in the npower champs or playing in MLS?

Of course, I hope I'm wrong and Jackson scores 25 goals this season...

He is out of contract in June but he would have to be a DP in the MLS as he's on $1.7M.

He is out of contract in June but he would have to be a DP in the MLS as he's on $1.7M.

When he's out of contract his value might drop considerably though. I hope it doesn't happen but he might not be commanding the same kind of money next year if he doesn't make a lot of appearances and/or doesn't do much in those appearances.

Having said that, The Championship is probably still better for him money-wise and for the quality of play than MLS.

1.7 million ... any chance these 'well-moneyed' Canadians return to Canada when their playing days are over and start investing some of that cash in NASL squads or teams in the inevitable Canadian D2 pro league (irony)?

In case no one's noticed, the EPL season still has a couple of games left. I think it may be a little early to be making these kind of comments but that's never stopped anyone here before.

Admittedly his situation could change in a heartbeat but you have to admit that right now it's not looking terribly positive for him. Would be great for him to get a run of games, some good performances and a couple of goals ... he had a good run of games and good performances earlier in the season.

If there is one guy you don't count out, it is Jackson. His meteoric rise from non-league football to the Premier league is thanks in large part to his resilience and perseverance.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Simeon bang in a few goals this year and peak the interest of another Premier league club!

If there is one guy you don't count out, it is Jackson. His meteoric rise from non-league football to the Premier league is thanks in large part to his resilience and perseverance.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Simeon bang in a few goals this year and peak the interest of another Premier league club!

I think he's just not good enough for the Premier League. He should look to move to a club where is a consistent starter in the first XI. He should move to a lesser league like the Eredivisie, Portugal or the Belgian Jupiler League. He is only 25 so if he can bang in goal after goal for 3 years...he could come back into the Premier League as a player with a bit of status and experience and try to make it there once again.

Sitting on the bench in Norwich is just not going to help him or the Canadian NT. Hughton is always going to pick cult hero Grant Holt over him. Steve Morison is also the clear number two.

Or Jackson is just like Jermaine Beckford...

Guest colinp123
Or Jackson is just like Jermaine Beckford...

What..... lethal in the Championship but rather rubbish in the Prem? Jackson only netted 13 goals in the Championship for Norwich back in 2010/11 versus Beckford's 26 goals (09/10) and 24 goals (08/09) for Leeds, which led Everton to sign him.

http://www.soccerway.com/players/simeon-jackson/50554/

Lots of people are speculating Charlie Austin might be that kind of guy too.