Cdn Champ Second Leg - Tor vs Van

So, it's advantage Toronto, with an away goal and the home fixture to come.

If Vancoouver plays the way they did, they can win in Toronto. They'll need to because they have to score at least one goal. If Camilo didn't have a reputation for diving he probably would have got the call on that blatant penalty at the start of the second half, and the Caps would have won the home tie. It was a good game by many of the Caps players.

I'm going to predict a 1-1 draw, scoreless through extra time, and penalties (unfortunately) to settle it. I hope Vancouver can win it, but I hope it's also an entertaining match.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Toronto has a road game this weekend so Vancouver had an advantage in fitness department. Given Winter's awful player selections, Vancouver has a chance to win this game and become Canadian champs!

What player selections have been "awful" from Winter, aside from the Cann at left back experiment?

What player selections have been "awful" from Winter, aside from the Cann at left back experiment?

- Putting in Gold in the first leg

- starting Gargan.

- Peterson has been awful this season and I am not sure why he keeps on starting. Cordon has looked better than Peterson.

- Starting Santos as our attacking mid until Gordon got hurt.

This game was supposed to be shown live on the four main Sportsnet channels, but has now been bumped to Sportsnet One because of the Memorial Cup. It will be repeated on the four main channels later.

One - 8:00 PM EDT (live)

East - 12:30 AM EDT

Ontario - 1:00 AM EDT

West - 1:30 AM EDT

Pacific - 4:00 AM EDT

It'll still be streamed online anyway so getting moved to SNOne isn't a big deal. Let's not kid ourselves, things are still in the unknown department for this competition outside of fans of the teams, so they prob see the CHL finals as a much larger draw (and they'll be right).

It'll still be streamed online anyway so getting moved to SNOne isn't a big deal. Let's not kid ourselves, things are still in the unknown department for this competition outside of fans of the teams, so they prob see the CHL finals as a much larger draw (and they'll be right).

I gotta...............

Two teams from the boonies......Saint John and Owen Sound bumping TO and Van City.

Anyways Sportsnet has built up the CHL and Memorial Cup over the years. I think the only national hockey championship that Sportsnet hasn't lost to TSN. No Sportsnet has the CIS University Cup too.

This game was supposed to be shown live on the four main Sportsnet channels, but has now been bumped to Sportsnet One because of the Memorial Cup. It will be repeated on the four main channels later.

One - 8:00 PM EDT (live)

East - 12:30 AM EDT

Ontario - 1:00 AM EDT

West - 1:30 AM EDT

Pacific - 4:00 AM EDT

Wonder how the title sponsor feels about that.

Nutralite Voyageur Cup vs Master Card Memorial Cup?

On a network that offers a CHL game of the week and has the CHL prospects game and the Russia vs CHL games as opposed to a handfull of V Cup games.

Now I'm not saying one is more important than the other.

But you gotta ask if holding the Voyageurs Cup at the same time as the Stanley Cup playoffs or even the Memorial Cup in Canada is questionable.

If there's time for CONCACAF Champions league qualifiers to be held in June when Hockey is done it might be a better idea.

There's time in June or July when soccer championships will be the only game in town.

Going head to head against hockey in Canada.................well not well thought out.

Wonder how the title sponsor feels about that.

The bigger fish wins. It's unfortunate but understandable. What choice do they have? That said, they should have been able to foresee this clash and have configured the Voyageurs Cup schedule around this possibility.

This game was supposed to be shown live on the four main Sportsnet channels, but has now been bumped to Sportsnet One because of the Memorial Cup.
I erred in saying that this game was bumped: I thought it had originally been scheduled for the regular Sportsnet channels, but in re-reading the original press release I noticed that it actually said Sportsnet One or the regular channels. Of course, since the Memorial Cup schedule was already known, I'm puzzled about why there was any uncertainty in the first place. (Furthermore, one of the Voyageurs Cup semifinal games was originally scheduled for Sportsnet One and then moved to the regular channels -- why all the confusion?)

Anyway, I'm not complaining that they chose the Memorial Cup over the Voyageurs Cup. For one thing, the Canadian content is much greater in the former. However, Wednesday's Memorial Cup game may turn out to be meaningless (should St. John beat Kootenay tonight), in which case a switch would be nice.

Expanding the Voyageur's Cup into a more open and long running format like an FA Cup for Canada seems like it will be a natural progression at some point, with game interspersed throughout club seasons to have a finale either just before or just after the cross-border league playoffs. However, as of now, only four teams can feasibly afford to participate in the competition.

Does anyone know if there will be an archived video or a torrent available of the game? I don't have SN1 and won't be able to watch the live stream tonight...
I will post it -- look here. But since the earliest broadcast that I have access to won't be over until 2:30 AM EDT at the earliest, don't expect it to be ready for download right away.

Archived