Cdn Champ Second Leg - Tor vs Van

Not biased, but that pitch is unplayable. I'd rather see a good game played later than this - it isn't really footie.

Could be, but any solution that restarts the game (wipes out the Vancouver goal) is 100% unjust and should not be tolerated by anyone.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Of course they can't change the rules, hence the LOL at the end. Yeesh.

lol with the CSA Everything is Possible

I can see them posting a statement soon mentioning something in the lines of:

Due to unforseem circumstances beyond our control, and in the spirit of Fair Play we have decided to scrap the game and restart on May 29th in Toronto again......

Now isin't there anything that states in FIFA rules that once a match has been played X amount of minutes it might be considered a Complete match?

lol with the CSA Everything is Possible

I can see them posting a statement soon mentioning something in the lines of:

Due to unforseem circumstances beyond our control, and in the spirit of Fair Play we have decided to scrap the game and restart on May 29th in Toronto again......

Now isin't there anything that states in FIFA rules that once a match has been played X amount of minutes it might be considered a Complete match?

It really is inconceivable that there was no discussion before the game for this exact scenario. Both Coaches had to be aware of what might happen instead of a 20 minute meeting now. :(

I can see Vancouver's frustration with the match being possibly cancelled after this second delay. being up as they are.

That said, the pitch is like a lake. I would rather see the final game contested under better conditions to get a true winner.

I could be wrong but a match cannot be abandoned after 60 minutes of play, it can only be delayed, with the remaining time required to be played out at some future date unless both sides agree to replay the entire fixture. 75min qualifies as a complete match under certain circumstances? Is that right?

All that being said, TFC has to use the pitch at BMO for the rest of the 2011 calender. Destroying the surface at the end of the May would be almost criminal.

Did you see the replay? He stuck out his arm to block the ball, and it stopped a breakaway chance.

Agree, that was a deliberate move by JDG. He's lucky not to have received a card on the play (could've been a red). On the other hand, I think the Caps player was offside so I'm not sure how that would've been dealt with by the ref.

One of Gerry or Craig sad a match can be called as final after 75 minutes (like 5 innings in baseball) but I'm not 100% sure they know what they're talking about. If the match is resumed at a later date, I imagine all the same players must return to the pitch to finish the last 29 minutes, or it would count as a substitution, right?

I could be wrong but a match cannot be abandoned after 60 minutes of play, it can only be delayed, with the remaining time required to be played out at some future date unless both sides agree to replay the entire fixture. 75min qualifies as a complete match under certain circumstances? Is that right?

All that being said, TFC has to use the pitch at BMO for the rest of the 2011 calender. Destroying the surface at the end of the May would be almost criminal.

Great I can see tmrw Sportsnet already making room on their Main Networks to accomodate footy......Well they could "GLUE" the whole game together and schedule it AHEAD of the CONCLUSION of this nightmare..........

One of Gerry or Craig sad a match can be called as final after 75 minutes (like 5 innings in baseball) but I'm not 100% sure they know what they're talking about. If the match is resumed at a later date, I imagine all the same players must return to the pitch to finish the last 29 minutes, or it would count as a substitution, right?

I don't think so. If players get injured in between the 2 games, how do you work that out? Of course, I think we're talking about replaying the game tomorrow now, so that problem shouldn't be encountered.

For some reason, I always thought that 60 minutes was the cut-off: <60 minutes gets a full replay, whereas if 60+ minutes are played, you play the remainder of the game later. That would also explain Demerit talking to the ref and pointing to the clock when the game was officially delayed at about 60:14. No idea about 75+ minutes.

I don't think so. If players get injured in between the 2 games, how do you work that out? Of course, I think we're talking about replaying the game tomorrow now, so that problem shouldn't be encountered.

Actually could work player get injured use another player but not one that stepped onto the field before and was subbed Out. And was on the Roster the previous game.

I don't think there is an actual FIFA law (could be wrong) about length of game becoming a result but I believe Associations can have their own rules on that (CSL is half-time IIRC).

Personally, I was always under the impression that halfway through the 2nd half constituted the result standing but probably not.

Archived