Fitness Coach / Préparateur physique : Paolo Pacione

Team Manager / Gérant d’équipe : Les Meszaros

Equipment / Gérant de l’équipement : Ryan Bedic / Davide DeDonato

Athletic Therapist / Thérapeute du sport : Al Ezaki

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No Stillo....hmmm interesting.

I really don't know what to expect from this group. The good thing is that with Guadeloupe in our group, we have an excellent chance at playing in a qualification game but you just want to avoid Mexico...

Stillo is the shocker here. Cousins had a lot of looks, but didn't make the final roster. Maybe one or both are injured?

Guess Janeil has no problem suiting up for Canada!

Edit: Just saw the other thread re: Cousins.

No Stillo, but they called up Varlokostas from York??? Is Stillo hurt or something?

No DiChiara, wow what a surprise? Probably don't even know he exists.

How Ongaro made the final cut when there are other College forwards with a much better track record is beyond me.

Found this, friendly against FGCU we didn't hear about: http://goaztecs.cstv.com/sports/m-soccer/spec-rel/022811aaa.html

San Diego State men's soccer player Jordan Ongaro (Edmonton, Alberta) assisted on both goals to lead the Canada Under-20 National Team to a 2-1 victory over Florida Gulf Coast in an exhibition game back on Feb. 11 in Sunrise, Fla.

Ongaro, who came off the bench in the team's previous game, a 1-0 win over Trinidad and Tobago, on Feb. 10, also started in the game against the Eagles. In the fall, Ongaro started five matches for the Aztecs and had two points on two assists.

http://goaztecs.cstv.com/sports/m-soccer/stats/2010-2011/teamcume.html#TEAM.IND

Tallied 0G 2A in 19 games (started 5). Wow. And a 13 goalscorer, MAAC OPOTY is sitting in his dorm room wondering what he has to do to get a call.

Good to see Fresenga decided to represent Canada instead of Uruguay, i'll add him (and Tristan Grant) to the MOACA now.

Is there a story behind why we suddenly have so many Canucks in Uruguay - someone have newly made connections down there or something? Not that I'm complaining, but having four Uruguary-based players in one-camp did jump out at me since it must be unprecedented for us.

Is there a story behind why we suddenly have so many Canucks in Uruguay - someone have newly made connections down there or something? Not that I'm complaining, but having four Uruguary-based players in one-camp did jump out at me since it must be unprecedented for us.

As i just posted in the MOACA:

I'm questioning the validity of the CSA release vis-a-vis the status of Grant, Cavallini and Osorio with Club Nacional. They joined Nacional for a 6 month training stint back in 2009 and I had removed from the MOACA, but then the CSA started listing them with the club in their roster releases so I've added them back on. But a peek at the U19 roster from last season shows they weren't there:

http://www.nacional.com.uy/mvdcms/uc_16_1.html

DiChiara has JUST signed in Russia. How about we let him settle and see what's what before we wonder why he isn't in our u20 squad!?

Stillo?? someone find out. Can someone summarize the "Cousens" thread latest...I have no intention of reading it (and thus must not care THAT much!).

If Janeil has a good experience there just might be hope for Junior....

DiChiara has JUST signed in Russia. How about we let him settle and see what's what before we wonder why he isn't in our u20 squad!?

Stillo?? someone find out. Can someone summarize the "Cousens" thread latest...I have no intention of reading it (and thus must not care THAT much!).

If Janeil has a good experience there just might be hope for Junior....

Well we don't really have time considering this is qualification time and DiChiara is a 92 (not eligible for next cycle)

I've only seen a bit of Varlokostas but he's not too bad, I don't know if he'll cut it at that level but he's a pretty good choice as far as young local keepers go. He was with Portugal fc last year (called SC Toronto this year) and looking around the internet it seems as though he was a tfca player before that. I can't say he's good enough but I think he's probably worth a look

^ He plays for their U19 team, although he did see some sub action in one game with the U23's. Both sides are mid-table in their respective leagues, neither in jeopardy of relegation or with a chance for promotion.

Do we know for sure that it was the club that refused to release Hoilet? Could he have asked not be released or indicated that he wanted to stay. Also, the CSA called this a camp but the isn't the qualifying tournament just a week away? Why wouldn't they just announce a final roster? Or have I got my dates mixed up. What is the point traveling to this camp if you are in Germany now and have to go back to Europe and then return to north america few days later. The timing of this camp (if it is a camp) doesn't make any sense in that a camp you are still evaluating the players. Maybe that's why they didn't release him. I say, let's see when the final roster is announced.

Do we know for sure that it was the club that refused to release Hoilet? Could he have asked not be released or indicated that he wanted to stay. Also, the CSA called this a camp but the isn't the qualifying tournament just a week away? Why wouldn't they just announce a final roster? Or have I got my dates mixed up. What is the point traveling to this camp if you are in Germany now and have to go back to Europe and then return to north america few days later. The timing of this camp (if it is a camp) doesn't make any sense in that a camp you are still evaluating the players. Maybe that's why they didn't release him. I say, let's see when the final roster is announced.

The final selection camp ran from the 19th and ended today (24th). The team leaves for Guatemala tomorrow and their first game is on Monday. It's conceivable that Hoilett was cut and is returning to Germany.

Archived