Rogers Sportsnet announces broadcast schedule

http://www.canadasoccer.com/news/viewArtical.asp?Press_ID=4187

Nutrilite Canadian Championship

21 April 2010

Rogers Sportsnet announces broadcast schedule

Photo: Pépé

The Canadian Soccer Association and Rogers Sportsnet have announced the broadcast schedule for the 2010 Nutrilite Canadian Championship. All six matches featuring Impact Montréal, Toronto FC and Vancouver Whitecaps FC will be broadcast on Rogers Sportsnet over six consecutive Wednesday nights from 28 April to 2 June.

Now in its third year, the Nutrilite Canadian Championship is Canada’s professional club championship. The champion of the Nutrilite Canadian Championship advances to the confederation championship, the 24-team CONCACAF Champions League which will also be in its third season this coming 2010-11 season. The confederation champion then moves on to the FIFA Club World Cup.

'The Nutrilite Canadian Championship is the premier soccer championship in Canada featuring Impact Montréal, Toronto FC and Vancouver Whitecaps FC,' said Canadian Soccer Association General Secretary Peter Montopoli. 'We are thrilled that Rogers Sportsnet will be the destination for fans across the country to view all six matches of the 2010 Nutrilite Canadian Championship.'

'It’s with great pleasure to continue our partnership with the Canadian Soccer Association and the commitment to promoting the sport of soccer in Canada,' said Dave Akande, Vice-President of Content, Rogers Sportsnet. 'Our viewers were treated to a great tournament last year and we expect nothing less featuring the country’s top professional soccer clubs.'

Rogers Sportsnet will broadcast all six matches, with five of the six shown live on Sportsnet East and Sportsnet West. The opening match is 28 April featuring the two previous winners: 2009 champion Toronto FC hosts 2008 champion Impact Montréal at BMO Field in Toronto, ON. The championship then visits Vancouver, BC for the 5 May match featuring Whitecaps FC and Impact (22.30 ET / 19.30 PT) before moving back east to Montréal, QC for the 12 May match featuring Impact and Toronto FC (20.00 ET / 17.00).

On 19 May, the Whitecaps FC-Toronto FC match from Vancouver will be broadcast at 23.00 ET / 20.00 PT on a 30 minute tape delay following the 22:30 ET / 19:30 PT kick off. The championship then returns to Montréal for the 26 May match between the Impact and Whitecaps FC (20.00 ET / 17.00 PT). The final match is 2 June featuring Toronto FC-Whitecaps FC in Toronto (20.00 ET / 17.00 PT).

CanadaSoccer.com will once again be the official home of the Nutrilite Canadian Championship. After six weeks, the team with the most points will win the Voyageurs Cup as Canada’s national champion. In all, each team is playing four games - two at home and two on the road. Just last year, the three professional clubs played in front of an average capacity of 92% at Stade Saputo (Montréal), BMO Field (Toronto) and Swangard Stadium (Vancouver).

2010 NUTRILITE CANADIAN CHAMPIONSHIP

Impact Montréal

Toronto FC

Vancouver Whitecaps FC

PREVIOUS CHAMPIONS

2009 - Toronto FC

2008 - Impact Montréal

2010 BROADCAST TIMES ON ROGERS SPORTSNET

28.04.2010 - 20.00 ET / 17.00 PT - BMO Field - Toronto FC - Impact Montréal

05.05.2010 - 22.30 ET / 19.30 PT - Swangard Stadium - Vancouver Whitecaps FC - Impact Montréal

12.05.2010 - 20.00 ET / 17.00 PT - Stade Saputo - Impact Montréal - Toronto FC

19.05.2010 - 23.00 ET / 20.00 PT - Swangard Stadium - Vancouver Whitecaps FC - Toronto FC (30 minute tape delay)

26.05.2010 - 20.00 ET / 17.00 PT - Stade Saputo - Impact Montréal - Vancouver Whitecaps FC

02.06.2010 - 20.00 ET / 17.00 PT - BMO Field - Toronto FC - Vancouver Whitecaps FC

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now can we get a little bit organized ahead and Confirm if anyone will be recording the games and posting them for Download later on?

I can record and post 28th April Toronto FC - Montreal Impact @ BMO Field since I will be home

But second game Caps/Impact I will be away on Vacation(same with third game)

would also be great if at least 2ppl record and post the games. for example I can't record in HD just plain simple 720x480 resolution thus we can have choices how big we want the files to be.

What do you think?

Good/Bad/Don't Care

^ Well, yes and no.

Rogers Sportsnet will broadcast all six matches, with five of the six shown live on Sportsnet East and Sportsnet West

Goes on to say the May 19th match from Swangard will be on a half hour delay (I'll assume it to will be broadcast in the East & West regions).

^ Well, yes and no.

Rogers Sportsnet will broadcast all six matches, with five of the six shown live on Sportsnet East and Sportsnet West

Goes on to say the May 19th match from Swangard will be on a half hour delay (I'll assume it to will be broadcast in the East & West regions).

So why no Sportsnet Pacific? I don't understand why they wouldn't air at least the Caps games on the Pacific channel.

I hope the games will be streamed somewhere by somebody. The best part of the CBC coverage was that you knew you could find the games on the net if you couldn't get them on CBC bold.

Wednesday's game between the Impact and toronto will only be broadcasted on sportsnet west, as the other network regions will be showing the jays vs red sox.

In other news, Toronto FC draws nearly twice as many fans through the gate as the Blue Jays per game.

And the Impact come awfully close to matching the Jays game-for-game.

BUT HELL EVERYONE LOVES THE RED SOX WOOOOO (drink entire keg of cheap beer).

Wednesday's game between the Impact and toronto will only be broadcasted on sportsnet west, as the other network regions will be showing the jays vs red sox.

How do you know that? on their website the schedule for next week is not online... or maybe I suck at reading too.

All I know is I really hate how Sportsnet can be very choosy in which of the four regions they decide to put the game on. Half the time if it's on Pacific, it won't be on West, but will be on East or Atlantic. Do any combination of two and all of a sudden it's a pure guessing game as to which stations will have it.

Try going into a bar that has soccer stuff on the walls, but the managers are a bunch of ****ing meathead baseball/football freaks where you ask them to put one of the tvs on Sportsnet _____ and lo and behold the game isn't on that channel, so they just give up on you and you end up driving to three other places until the place on the other side of the city from your house happens to be empty enough that they are willing to sacrifice a waitress on you who keeps putting it between the goddamned satellite and digital cable instead of actually switching channels on the digital cable cuz she's the new girl and has no idea how to work their tv system, so after a half ****ing hour of this **** finally you fall on the game (mostly by luck) and it's already 1 nil or 1-1 so you've gone and missed at least a goal cuz this city has nothing but ****wads running the bars.

breathe...

LOL

Testify, brother. Testify.

P.S. Hey, long as SportsNet puts it on one of their regions, LIVE, I'm happy. One way or another I can make it work. I got a PVR. But I'd rather polish a bar counter with my sleeve than sit at home yelling at the boob tube. The whole event loses something, you know?

Wee Elf;

What're you yelling about?

Cheeta;

Stalteri just scored against Costa Rica!

Wee Elf;

Why is there beer foam on my living room ceiling?

Cheeta;

Stalteri just scored against Costa Rica!

Wee Elf;

Is that Jake?

How do you know that? on their website the schedule for next week is not online... or maybe I suck at reading too.
Two important points here

First of all, to all my fellow worried Vs, let's not get mad at SN in over-the-top-Tuscan-style fashion (;)) too quickly here. In my TV guide (and since I'm in MTL I take for granted they give the SN East schedule), they say they will show wednesday's game LIVE at 8 pm, not some rout of the Jays...

[Announcer voice] ...brought to you by the Red Sox. The Red Sox, when you hate the Yankees because there's $$$ coming out of every single hole you can find on their body and yet want to cheer for a team that's as well off as those f*cking Yanks to kick those filthy rich bastards' ass ! [/Announcer voice]

So there's hope !

Also loyola, they made a mistake in the article you posted to start the thread as the second game of the tourney is scheduled for 10 pm EDT - 7 pm PDT (as stated on the official webpage). They say the same in the TV Guide and on the Impact website.

Just so people who'll go check the schedule here don't go to miss the first 30 minutes...

EDIT

Found the NC homepage on the SN website and there they say the same as the CSA article, i.e. 10:30 pm EDT kickoff time, not 10 pm. The Caps website say so too, so I'm starting to think kickoff time will be at 10:30 pm because they should know it better than the Impact since the game is to be played at Swangard. Does anyone have already bought tickets for this game so you can tell us what's the kickoff time written on them ?

I've been trying my hardest to get all my friends over for the first one this Wednesday. Also talked with the soccer center here in town about promoting the tourney somehow, but most of them aren't even fully aware of the competition necessarily. There is tons and tons of marketing work to be done in non-big three centers. Hopefully once Edmonton is added, that Prairie presence will allow for more marketing in this part of the country. I really hope FC Edmonton markets themselves in Saskatchewan.

I've been trying my hardest to get all my friends over for the first one this Wednesday. Also talked with the soccer center here in town about promoting the tourney somehow, but most of them aren't even fully aware of the competition necessarily. There is tons and tons of marketing work to be done in non-big three centers. Hopefully once Edmonton is added, that Prairie presence will allow for more marketing in this part of the country. I really hope FC Edmonton markets themselves in Saskatchewan.

^

Agreed.

webstream for this match- anyone know sites that may stream or have P2P?

rojadirecta.org

adthe.net

justin.tv

although these sites normally draw the line at showing MLS ties, they may show it since it involves TFC. However as the competition is virtually unknown outside of the country even in soccer circles I doubt it.

I watched most of the matches last year on a variety of streams, as sportsnet wasn't a part of my cable package. I'm sure the matches involving TFC will be available somewhere.

I really hope so as finding a friend with sportsnet who will not have the Habs on will be next to impossible.

Second round NHL playoff schedule is now out and it's more bad news for Canadian soccer. Next week's 'Caps-Impact match is going with the Canucks' at home to Chicago for game 3 of their series. The following week's return match between Impact and TFC could possibly go head to head with the Habs-Pens game 7 in Pittsburgh, if the series goes that long. The NCC can't seem to catch a break this year.

Archived