Rogers Sportsnet announces broadcast schedule

Has a TV deal been signed for 2011 yet?

Yes. It will be on the Sportsnet family of networks.

http://www.canadasoccer.com/news/viewArtical.asp?Press_ID=4722

SEMI-FINAL STAGE

27.04.2011 – 19.30 ET / 16.30 PT – Montréal – Vancouver - SNET EAST / SNET PACIFIC

27.04.2011 – 19.30 ET / 17.30 MT - Edmonton – Toronto - SNET ONTARIO / SNET WEST

04.05.2011 – 20.00 ET / 18.00 MT – Toronto – Edmonton - SNET EAST / ONTARIO / WEST / PACIFIC

04.05.2011 – 23.00 ET / 20.00 PT – Vancouver – Montréal – SNET ONE

CHAMPIONSHIP FINAL

18.05.2011 – TBA – TBA – TBA - SNET ONE - OR - SNET EAST / ONTARIO / WEST / PACIFIC

25.05.2011 – TBA – TBA – TBA - SNET ONE - OR - SNET EAST / ONTARIO / WEST / PACIFIC

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes because poker at 11pm on EAST is so much more important. What the hell.

The bigger issue is the Edmonton home game starting at 6pm local time (broadcast starts at 5:30pm).

Are they trying to ensure as small a crowd as possible?

• 1 month later...
TFC fans must have a strict bed time of 10pm.... they want to make sure you Easterners get your beauty sleep apparently.

Yeah, that's why the Seattle game three days later starts at 10pm Eastern...

Craig McEwan and Martin Nash will be doing the play by play and colour for the Vancouver and Montreal match. I wonder if Nash will be able to be impartial.

Yeah, I'm definitely worried he'll be cheering for his old club, the Montreal Impact.

Yes. It will be on the Sportsnet family of networks.

http://www.canadasoccer.com/news/viewArtical.asp?Press_ID=4722

SEMI-FINAL STAGE

27.04.2011 – 19.30 ET / 16.30 PT – Montréal – Vancouver - SNET EAST / SNET PACIFIC

27.04.2011 – 19.30 ET / 17.30 MT - Edmonton – Toronto - SNET ONTARIO / SNET WEST

04.05.2011 – 20.00 ET / 18.00 MT – Toronto – Edmonton - SNET EAST / ONTARIO / WEST / PACIFIC

04.05.2011 – 23.00 ET / 20.00 PT – Vancouver – Montréal – SNET ONE

Anyone thinking of capping these games for download?? It would be HIGHLY appreciated!

I imagine TFC and Sportsnet carry a tad more stroke over the NCC then they do over the Sounders...

You seriously believe TFC is responsible for the kickoff time? The same TFC that had "11:00pm" (Eastern) listed on their online schedule for this match as recently as last Thursday??

You seriously believe TFC is responsible for the kickoff time? The same TFC that had "11:00pm" (Eastern) listed on their online schedule for this match as recently as last Thursday??

TFC specifically, not really... but I have to think Sportsnet probably has a whole lot to do with it and is catering to Eastern viewers. Putting a game at 6pm on a weekday obviously does nothing for the locals.

TFC specifically, not really... but I have to think Sportsnet probably has a whole lot to do with it and is catering to Eastern viewers. Putting a game at 6pm on a weekday obviously does nothing for the locals.

Other than playing in the sunlight rather than not.

Cause it's still April and all...

Other than playing in the sunlight rather than not.

Cause it's still April and all...

They're hosting the Impact on Sunday and that's starting at 7:30... and I'd hanker to bet the lighting at Commonwealth is a whole lot better than Foote Field. So I'm guessing that ain't it... and FWIW sunset is already around 9pm or later up in Edmonton.

Edit: To be exact, sunset Wednesday will be 8:56pm. Interesting factoid, by the Sunday game it will be 9:03pm,... which is actually later then it is in Toronto even on the longest day of the year (where it tops out at 9:01pm come June 21)

Anyone thinking of capping these games for download?? It would be HIGHLY appreciated!
Yes, I plan to do the whole tournament.

However, since both semifinal first legs will be broadcast at the same time (and are not scheduled to be repeated -- why not? UEFA Champions League matches are repeated!!!) and since I have only one digital recorder, I'll have to record one game on VHS and then digitize it afterwards. I'm hoping the quality won't suffer too much, but it will definitely be delayed even longer than usual.

Unless someone can do one game while I do the other? If so, let's coordinate!

By the way, the Vancouver vs. Montreal semifinal second leg on May 4 has been added to Sportsnet East & Pacific, which is good because I don't have Sportsnet One, so now I can do all the games.

Yes. However, since both semifinal first legs will be broadcast at the same time (and are not scheduled to be repeated -- why not? UEFA Champions League matches are repeated!!!) and since I have only one digital recorder, I'll have to record one game on VHS and then digitize it afterwards. I'm hoping the quality won't suffer too much, but it will definitely be delayed even longer than usual.

By the way, the Vancouver vs. Montreal semifinal second leg on May 4 has been added to Sportsnet East & Pacific, which is good because I don't have Sportsnet One, so now I can do all the remaining games.

If you can get them all done that'd be fantastic, maybe someone at maxxed will get the other one though if it doesn't turn out great, it'll probably be decent enough though. And thanks in advance for the effort.

Yes, I plan to do the whole tournament.

However, since both semifinal first legs will be broadcast at the same time (and are not scheduled to be repeated -- why not? UEFA Champions League matches are repeated!!!) and since I have only one digital recorder, I'll have to record one game on VHS and then digitize it afterwards. I'm hoping the quality won't suffer too much, but it will definitely be delayed even longer than usual.

By the way, the Vancouver vs. Montreal semifinal second leg on May 4 has been added to Sportsnet East & Pacific, which is good because I don't have Sportsnet One, so now I can do all the games.

Cool, that would be great!..kind of hard to watch live from England....

Archived