URGENT: New Voyageurs Server Administrator Needed

Jarrek

Well, it's come to the point in my life that I have to put my focus elsewhere, so we need a new "main" administrator that handles server payments.

The cost per month is around $110USD, with portions of this offset by Google Ads, Generous Donations, Scarves, etc. The whole operation still runs a loss.

But it's not really the reason why I wish to step down. I will become a father come September, and just wish to have "less on my mind".

Interested parties either post in this thread or e-mail jp (ATTTT) netdx (D.O.T) Com

Allez les Rouges!

You put $1400/year into this site? I'm not able to work on any administration, but I'm more than happy to kick in a few bucks a year to help pay for the cost. Perhaps a paypal account for voluntary donations needs to be posted on the message board somewhere.

quote:Originally posted by SthMelbRed

You put $1400/year into this site? I'm not able to work on any administration, but I'm more than happy to kick in a few bucks a year to help pay for the cost. Perhaps a paypal account for voluntary donations needs to be posted on the message board somewhere.

Yeah, that figure ($110US/mo.) was a bit shocking. Sounds like we need a plan (contributions + advertising) as well as a new administrator.

Jarrek, congratulations and thank you for all you have done for the Voyageurs.

Thanks for all your kind wishes guys.

The Google ads generate about $500-$700 per year. So the loss is about $300-$400.

I can stay on as PT admin, but I really wish to get the billing over to someone, or a ideally a group of people who would have more time to focus on the site and keep on top of things financially.

quote:Originally posted by Jarrek

Thanks for all your kind wishes guys.

The Google ads generate about $500-$700 per year. So the loss is about $300-$400.

I can stay on as PT admin, but I really wish to get the billing over to someone, or a ideally a group of people who would have more time to focus on the site and keep on top of things financially.

So, does this mean that what you are looking for is someone to handle the financial side of things and not the technical? How technical does someone have to be to handle what you do?

quote:Originally posted by El Hombre

So, does this mean that what you are looking for is someone to handle the financial side of things and not the technical? How technical does someone have to be to handle what you do?

Echo that.

If it's just dollars and cents and making certain everything is seen to when it needs to be then, hey, no big deal.

But it is time to a refit around here and over-due for some maturing of the Voyageurs into an organization of sorts and hopefully this move provokes that.

But 1st things 1st. Is this an accounting gig?

quote:Originally posted by El Hombre

Echo that.

If it's just dollars and cents and making certain everything is seen to when it needs to be then, hey, no big deal.

But it is time to a refit around here and over-due for some maturing of the Voyageurs into an organization of sorts and hopefully this move provokes that.

But 1st things 1st. Is this an accounting gig?

I think it's time for some type of funding drive.

How do we donate? How much do you need? When I first joined, I remember seeing some type of a financial statement that outlined the incomes of the site, and the money going out. Could something like that be put in it's own thread, so that it's clear to all of us.

And a side note: If we are a non-profit orgnanization, can we give tax receipts? If yes, then what are we waiting for?

Most importantly though, we need a pledge drive. I'm finally in a position to donate, so instructions please!

quote:Originally posted by RJB

Most importantly though, we need a pledge drive. I'm finally in a position to donate, so instructions please!

On the front page on the left hand side, there is a Make A Donation button just above the Voyageurs Cup link. It's PayPal so have at 'er.

Jarrek

Thanks for keeping this all going for the past few years.

Prior to passing it off to you, we used to have it hosted on a separate ISP. Is it still with your web hosting stuff or is it now with another ISP?

Also, if you could include our monthly data transfer, total disk space and other info, it would help.

thanks

quote:Originally posted by gwallace76

We're quite heavy in the red here. I do think it's time to move this group forward and establish a membership and reduce the personal financial liabilities some of the members have individually faced.

I'm with you on that one.

quote:Originally posted by Reza

Jarrek

Thanks for keeping this all going for the past few years.

Prior to passing it off to you, we used to have it hosted on a separate ISP. Is it still with your web hosting stuff or is it now with another ISP?

Also, if you could include our monthly data transfer, total disk space and other info, it would help.

thanks

It runs off a dedicated server. I can get you monthly data transfer values, disk space, and other stuff shorlty.

Guest speedmonk42

I have a server. I would be interested in hosting and looking after it.

It would need to be getting some pretty heavy traffic for it to be a problem.

Is it pulling more than 1000GB a month?

Archived