Voyageurs Cup Dates & Standings

27-May Montreal v. Toronto @ Stade Saputo 7:30 PM EST

live coverage on bold

CBC television tape delay midnight local time

Montreal-0 Toronto-1

Goal Scoring;

M. Velez-TFC 72m

Discipline;

J. Brennan-TFC 32MIN. S. Pesoli-IdM 37MIN. K. Harmse-TFC 50MIN. S. Pesoli-IdM 53MIN(2nd BO). P. Aguilera 61MIN

Goalkeepers;

TFC. G. Sutton. 90min 3SA 0GA

IdM. M. Jordan. 90min 6SA 1GA

17-June Montreal v. Vancouver @ Stade Saputo

Montreal-2 Vancouver-0

Goal Scoring;

S. Jefferson-IdM 25m

J. Gjertsen-IdM 35m

Discipline;

O. Jarun-VAN 23min

Goalkeepers;

VAN. J. Nolly. 90min 3SA 2GA

IdM. M. Jordan. 90min 7SA 0GA

25-June Vancouver v. Montreal @ Swangard Stadium 11:00 PM EST

live coverage on bold

live coverage on CBC television for Ontario-east

CBC television tape delay for Manitoba-west

Vancouver-0 Montreal-2

Goal Scoring;

R. Brown-IdM 30m

D. Testo-IdM 60m

Discipline;

L. DiLorenzo-IdM 33min. D. Testo-IdM 38min. A. Cann-VAN 40min. R. Brown-IdM 54min. P. Leduc-IdM 58min.

Goalkeepers;

IdM. M. Jordan. 90min 5SA 0GA

VAN. J. Nolly. 90min 1SA 2GA

01-July Toronto v. Vancouver @ BMO Field 3:00 PM EST

live coverage on CBC television

Toronto-0 Vancouver-1

Goal Scoring;

M. Nash-VAN 36m PK

Discipline;

J. Brennan-TFC 11min. M. Nash-VAN 11min. A Guevara-TFC 23min. J. Moose-VAN 46min. J. Cunningham-TFC 81min. N. Addlery-VAN 88min.

Goalkeepers;

TFC. G. Sutton 90min 3SA 1GA

VAN. J. Nolly 90min 8SA 0GA

_________

09-July Vancouver v. Toronto @ Swangard Stadium

live coverge on GolTV 10PM EST

Vancouver-2 Toronto-2

Goalscoring;

E. Sabrango-VAN 43m

M. Edu-TFC 61m

R. Ricketts-TFC 76m

E. Sebrango-VAN 86m

Disicpline;

S. Kindel-VAN 63min. M. Valez-TFC 66min

Goalkeepers;

TFC. G. Sutton. 90min 3SA 2GA

VAN. J. Nolly 90min 2SA 2GA

22-July Toronto v. Montreal @ BMO Field 7:00 PM EST

live coverage on bold

CBC television tape delay midnight local time.

Toronto-1 Montreal-1

Goalscoring;

R. Ricketts-TFC 15m

R. Brown-IdM 26m

Discipline;

S. Gatti-IdM 38min, R. Placentino-IdM 40min, A. Braz-IdM 53min, M. Jordan-IdM 73min, R. Brown-IdM 92min,

Goalkeepers;

IdM M. Jordan. 90m 4SA 1GA

TFC G. Sutton. 90m 3SA 1GA

Standings;</u>

GP W L D PTS GF GA GD

Montreal     4  2 1 1 7   5  2  +3

Toronto      4  1 1 2 5   4  4   0

Vancouver    4  1 2 1 4   3  6  -3

Goalscoring;</u> R. Brown-IdM 2 goal R. Ricketts-TFC 2 goal E. Sebrango-VAN 2 goals M. Edu-TFC 1 goal J. Gjertsen-IdM 1 goal S. Jefferson-IdM 1 goal M. Nash-VAN 1 goal D. Testo-IdM 1 goal M. Velez-TFC 1 goal Goalkeeping;</u>

M. Jordan(IdM)--4GP 360MIN 22SA 2GA 2W 1D 1L

G. Sutton(TFC)--4GP 360MIN  12SA 4GA 1W 2D 1L

J. Nolly(VAN)---4GP 360MIN 14SA 6GA 1W 1D 2L

* bold, formerly Country Canada, is a CBC digital channel and is available on a subscription basis.

** CBCSports.ca will provide live</u> streaming coverage of all fixtures which will feature on either bold or CBC television.

*** GolTV is a by subscription digital sports channel.

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

So is it an advantage or disadvantage that Montreal uses up their home dates before anyone else uses one?

It shouldn't matter. Even the weather wont be a factor since the Cup matches start in late May and end in the middle of summer. I could see a team being disadvantaged if they have to use up their home games on dates whereby the weather is typically poor. But thats not the case here.

What i am curious about is the rules. Has anybody seen them? for example what are the tie breaking rules? are they the same as Voyageurs cup?

Another point. Since we have started receiving our season ticket packages last week, it was interesting to note that there was no referrance to these matches in the package. Although, we know that it be sold separately, you would think that there would have been some mention of these matches.

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

So is it an advantage or disadvantage that Montreal uses up their home dates before anyone else uses one?

I don't know, but I think it is an advantage for Montreal and Toronto to play in the final game, when one team might really need a result and the other team might already be out.

In Vancouver, season ticket holders can buy tickets for the Canada Cup Games now, but they are not included. I think you can also buy a 5 game pack which includes these games, which is already pissing off the glory hunters that simply want tickets to the TFC game.

From the CSA website:

In case two teams are tied on points after four matches, the winner will be decided first by goal differential, then if necessary by most goals scored, then if necessary by most away goals, then if necessary by the drawing of lots.

quote:Originally posted by piltdownman

In Vancouver, season ticket holders can buy tickets for the Canada Cup Games now, but they are not included. I think you can also buy a 5 game pack which includes these games, which is already pissing off the glory hunters that simply want tickets to the TFC game.

[:0]:D

I never thought I'd read a sentence like that (at least not this early in TFC history).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was hoping they would have at least used USL Live.

The clubs' original intention was to get a TV deal for all the games. They had some other good intentions as well, but since the CSA got involved, not suprisingly little has lived up to the original intentions.

quote:Originally posted by ray

Hmm. There were TV cameras at the Montreal/Vancouver match. I saw the highlights on Sportsnet. I guess SN didn't want to spend the money to send a full crew.

You can also see the highlights on RDS.ca.

The games are all filmed for the big screen, but there aren't replays, graphics, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Testo's goal was one fine strike. Jordan made a good save in the 2nd half there at Swangard as well.

Impact are in Seattle Saturday no? Assuming they'll jet straight off to Toronto. Yeesh. The Impact may have taken the full 6 points from the 'Caps but they're going to be into it tough on Tuesday. They've a lot of matches and a lot of travel under their belt this past week or so.

A draw at BMO would officially sink Vancouver (as would an unlikely Impact win). Vancouver could still play spoiler though.

Not surprisingly this little tourny could go down to the last match with Montreal at BMO July 22nd. Not bad for a 1st year tourny.

quote:Originally posted by Cheeta

Testo's goal was one fine strike. Jordan made a good save in the 2nd half there at Swangard as well.

Impact are in Seattle Saturday no? Assuming they'll jet straight off to Toronto. Yeesh. The Impact may have taken the full 6 points from the 'Caps but they're going to be into it tough on Tuesday. They've a lot of matches and a lot of travel under their belt this past week or so.

A draw at BMO would officially sink Vancouver (as would an unlikely Impact win). Vancouver could still play spoiler though.

Not surprisingly this little tourny could go down to the last match with Montreal at BMO July 22nd. Not bad for a 1st year tourny.

I'm a little confused by your post here. The Whitecaps are the team playing at BMO on Tuesday, n'est ce pas? It may be that a draw at BMO would sink Vancouver, but I must agree that an Impact win would be highly unlikely, considering they won't be playing.

quote:Originally posted by Cheeta

Actually, thanks to Montreal's win on Wednesday, there is a 100% guarantee now that the tournament will be decided on the final day.

Even if TFC sweeps Vancouver, they could risk losing the Cup with a loss to Montreal on July 22. Sure, it may be highly unlikely, but it is possible.

Archived