TFC Phelan Pat M-D $ 33,000.00 $ 33,000.00

TFC Robinson Carl M $ 315,000.00 $ 330,000.00

TFC Rosenlund Tyler M $ 17,700.00 $ 17,700.00

TFC Samuel Collin F $ 168,000.00 $ 193,000.00

TFC Smith Jarrod F $ 17,700.00 $ 17,700.00

TFC Sutton Greg GK $ 150,000.00 $ 157,562.50

TFC Wynne Marvell D $ 47,500.00 $ 150,000.00

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

There's no listing for Melo, Gala, Attakora-Gyan or Velez.

They all signed their contracts a little too late for the Union to include them in the list (even though it says "as of March 31")

quote:Originally posted by RJB

MLS will not keep very many quality players at those wages. They are quite low in my opinion.

It is the biggest challenge, long term, that the league faces. How to increase the revenues enough that, either, they can do away with the cap or increase it to a level that makes them competitive for players with teams around the world.

If you take a look just at the EPL, there are lots of players who make more than an average MLS annual salary...... in a week

If you look at the whole league, it's shocking to see how many 12,900 salaries are out there. A former Whitecap told me once that he was better off financially in USL, because their season was shorter, and played in less time, making it more per month.

I also don't know how a team like the New England Revolution keeps making it to the finals with what they pay their players, and the roughly 10,000 fans who show up.

I'm still not entirely convinced about the MLS business model. The best domestic players are still better off playing overseas even on crap lower division teams. A guy like Paul Stalteri is making 10 times more sitting on the bench at Spurs, than the poor sucker who busts his hump in Dallas for 90 minutes a game.

quote:Originally posted by Calgary Boomer

A guy like Paul Stalteri is making 10 times more sitting on the bench at Spurs, than the poor sucker who busts his hump in Dallas for 90 minutes a game.

Right now he is making 10 times more playing every week for Fulham, but I take your point.

Mo should have canned Cunningham and tried to get Radzinski. Rad is probably in that ballpark, perhaps less. Cunningham is the most selfish player I have seen.

The sooner Samuel is canned, the better. How could he justify that salary !? He would have a hard time sticking in the USL.

Robinson has been a good player, but I question his high salary as well.

quote:Originally posted by Winnipeg Fury

Mo should have canned Cunningham and tried to get Radzinski. Rad is probably in that ballpark, perhaps less. Cunningham is the most selfish player I have seen.

The sooner Samuel is canned, the better. How could he justify that salary !? He would have a hard time sticking in the USL.

Robinson has been a good player, but I question his high salary as well.

We all question Robbo's salary in the context of this league but he has been a valuable player and there's no way Mo would cut him and ask hime to come back at a lower rate considering he could be back home playing for more money in the Championship. Commitment works both ways.

Samuel?! Ya, woh! I'm speechless. He has to show us something if we are to ever think he belongs. His goal v LA last year was outstanding so we know he can shoot but ....

I don't know what Radzinksi is making in Greece but he is in the top three of the scoring list so he has proven that he still has what it takes to play in Europe even if it isn't the Premiership. Also, he's on the record as disliking FieldTurf.

... and those minimum salaries have got to be doubled!

Colin Samuel ... not worth his pay ... even in Trinidadian dollars.

What's the hesitation in getting a high-profile player like Radzinski?

He'll be an asset with his experience and from a hometown marketing perspective,

a bonus as he will not occupy a foreign slot.

all i know is its strange that every time i caught some training highlights or stories on the various soccer shows etc...mo the manager was obsessively checking his blackberry...like seriously to the point where he looked like a high school chick.

don't a lot of top euro clubs ban cell phones from training grounds...team buses...etc...i know he is the boss so to speak...but it just speaks volumes about concentration and focus...

Archived