TFC Salaries 2008

MM2

quote:Originally posted by TOareaFan

It is the biggest challenge, long term, that the league faces. How to increase the revenues enough that, either, they can do away with the cap or increase it to a level that makes them competitive for players with teams around the world.

If you take a look just at the EPL, there are lots of players who make more than an average MLS annual salary...... in a week

I know we get doused with tonnes of Premiership coverage, but I wish people would stop comparing everything to the Premiership. The people running MLS aren't even dreaming about becoming anything close to as big as what the Premiership is***, so I wish the fans would be more realistic too. (*** This is backed-up by looking at the size of the new MLS stadiums - its not like they can be expanded like lego to 60,000-seat venues)

I think MLS is aiming for League One salaries first as that is what MLS attendance and new stadium sizes compare better to. Right now MLS appear to be at League Two level in terms of median wages ($100,000/season).

Archived