Hutchinson Rumours

Guest Can. in UK

Guest Can. in UK

Terrily unreliable source, but at teast he's being mentioned:

West Ham and Newcastle are set for a £3m battle to land FC Copenhagen's Canadian utility player Atiba Hutchinson. (Daily Star)

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by Can. in UK

Terrily unreliable source, but at teast he's being mentioned:

West Ham and Newcastle are set for a £3m battle to land FC Copenhagen's Canadian utility player Atiba Hutchinson. (Daily Star)

Love to see Hutch in EPL--I think he's ready, and will adjust beautifully. Mind you, he is more than just a utility player, though I understand what they mean here. Sort of wish he went to La Liga to sharpen even further his technical skills--ie. DeGuzman--but maybe he'll do that in a couple of years.

I would love to see Hutch in la Liga. I think he would do well there and continue to improve his skills. I think he would do well in the EPL but overall I think la liga produces more quality in the play and the more Canadians in la liga the better.

If he went to La Liga, I'm kinda wondering who he'd be playing for. Barça and Real Madrid wouldn't be interested, I don't think. Sevilla's probably a long shot. Bilbao won't sign him because of their screwy signing policy. So for next season that leaves:

Almería

Atlético Madrid

Real Betis

Deportivo La Coruña (two Canadians on one team? Cool prospect, but kinda unlikely)

Espanyol

Getafe

Levante

Mallorca

Real Murcia

Osasuna

Racing Santander

Recreativo Huelva

Valencia (I'd love to see him play here :D)

Real Valladolid

Villarreal

Real Zaragoza

A question for you La Liga experts out there. Which of these do you think Atiba's style would suit best?

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by DC76

If he went to La Liga, I'm kinda wondering who he'd be playing for. Barça and Real Madrid wouldn't be interested, I don't think. Sevilla's probably a long shot. Bilbao won't sign him because of their screwy signing policy. So for next season that leaves:

Almería

Atlético Madrid

Real Betis

Deportivo La Coruña (two Canadians on one team? Cool prospect, but kinda unlikely)

Espanyol

Getafe

Levante

Mallorca

Real Murcia

Osasuna

Racing Santander

Recreativo Huelva

Valencia (I'd love to see him play here :D)

Real Valladolid

Villarreal

Real Zaragoza

A question for you La Liga experts out there. Which of these do you think Atiba's style would suit best?

I don't think any top flight Liga team would look at Atiba unless his coach at Copenhagen or someone like Laudrup, who looks to be signing to coach Getafe, decided to take a chance on him. It would have to someone with a good sense of what he does in Denmark. Lately the only Dane to have done well in Spain is Poulsen at Sevilla, and he has been key to their being the winningest club in Europe this year (SuperCup, UEFA, Copa del Rey).

But as I say, I don't think there is that interest in Denmark in Spain except for the proven standouts.

Not sure, on top of that, if Atiba has a European passport, meaning it is even harder to get onto a Spanish squad where the foreigners are usually strikers or players with a good chance to get a passport, such as the South Americans.

DeRosario is a different story. Considering he is only making a hundred grand in MLS, even going to a strong club in 2nd division would be amazing for his career, he would make more money and grow as a player immensely. How about Real Sociedad? Cadiz? He would fit in at Betis too. He could play in Levante, lower top flight clubs.

I heard Dani Fernandes had a few bites, but Paok wants money and it is hard to find someone to pay for a goalkeeper these days. Of course that does not interest anyone here.

^That's kinda what I thought, but I just thought I'd throw that out for discussion's sake. Personally I'd much rather see him in the lilywhite of Spurs, or at least for an English team that isn't completely dodgy like West Ham. I wouldn't be crying if he ended up playing for a top-class German team, either. (As long as it wasn't Schalke or Bayern [:P])

Atiba needs to move up to a stronger league but only if that means he plays. if he is going to just sit on the bench somewhere, he might as well stay at FC Copenhagen and play in Champions League matches and keep building his resume.

I wonder if the idea of him playing in Germany is not the best for him. Its a top league with a very diverse range of players. his skills would be put to good use in the Bundesliga

he will be the future of the Senior MNT.

I would love to see Hutch at betis, but with all their infrastructure problems(crazy owner), I'd say there's only like 20-30% it would be a great move, as alot of players have stalled because of the behind the scenes drama, however a player of hutch's versatility could also compete off the bench extremely well in betis as is the case with the "you'll play where I tell ya" style of betis.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by BrennanFan

Hutch isnt going to spain. his dream is to play in the EPL. he would take newcastle over an equivalent spanish club, no question.

He's nuts. The only thing good coming out of Newcastle is Maximo Park.

And there are no equivalents in Spain to Newcastle, thank the lord.

quote:Originally posted by jpg75

He'd be better served playing at Stuttgart...but the money might be too much to turn down.

Our players have usually developed better in Germany than England but Hutchinson is pretty much developed at the moment and may be better off playing at the higher level league. Additionally, Stuttgart doesn't really need a midfielder at the moment. Their interest in Hutchinson is probably due to them wanting to build some depth for a Champion's League run and because a few of their midfielders are older and may retire in the next couple of years. Thus, Hutch might get more playing time in the short term at the EPL teams.

I'm not sure his touch is all that developed, that's why i think a move to Germany would be better for him. He's got talent and can play with the ball, but sometimes he comes across as a little sloppy with the ball at his feet. Might be bad habits from playing a direct style in Scandanavia for so long...

Anyways, my opinion doesn't really matter and he'll probably move to the EPL anyways...

the EPL would be nice but Newcastle and West Ham are a bit crap tho, would like to see him be playing for championships with stuttgart and be in the champions league. Id be hapy with either choice, and would also be happy if he spent another year with Copenhagen, although you need to take opportunities when they present themselves.

quote:Originally posted by jonovision

Hutchinson didn't play today in FC Copenhagen's friendly against Schalke. Should we be reading anything into that? It seemed like a lot of the team's regular starters were involved.

It's a good sign.

I still think it is very important to consider where he will be a starter. With Stuttgart he will probably be a sub waiting for Silvio Meissner to retire. At West Ham or Newcastle he would probably be an immediate starter. Stuttgart is the better team for sure but EPL is the better league. If we are worried about the step to Bundesliga being too much of a jump from Denmark I would prefer him at a midtable BL club like Hannover who were also rumoured to be interested in him.

quote:Originally posted by nolando

On one of the Newcastle supporters sites, somebody commented on Atiba's transfer,

"Not someone who plays for 3rd rate club & a fourth rate country"

OUCH!

Ouch, indeed. That hardly seems fair. Copenhagen is at least second rate. ;)

Mind you, it is pretty rich to hear a supporter of Newcastle rejecting the idea of 3rd or 4th rate anything. (Nukeas.shole, is how it sounds, roight?)

quote:Originally posted by nolando

On one of the Newcastle supporters sites, somebody commented on Atiba's transfer,

"Not someone who plays for 3rd rate club & a fourth rate country"

OUCH!

I wonder if he was saying that when Edgar gave them a 2-2 draw against Man. Utd. earlier this year.......

Archived