Hutchinson Rumours

Guest Can. in UK

quote:Originally posted by SCF08

If the quality is in the football , why dont they perform better than other European teams..?? The best teams from Europe are in the CL / Uefa Cup so the best Danish teams as well. The fact that Danish teams dont reach QF/SF etc is because they have a poor league.

Fc Kopenhagen is the stand out team in Denmark and they dont get very far either in Europe.

First of all, Your list of Dutch Europa cup results pretty much prove that the Dutch league (just like Celtic and Rangers in Scotland) got some quality teams like PSV, Ajax and Feyenoord that can afford to keep their best players long enough to produce some very good results in Europe. It doesnt change the fact that the head-to-head results between Danish and Dutch team and German vs. Danish teams is more or less 50/50 the past 20 years or so.

FC København last season clearly proved to be on pair with Celtic, but you seem to forget that FCK do not have a long past history and they have only been a top club in Scandinavia very few years, so it makes no sense to judge them by their non-existent past results in Europe, when they have just reached "Celtic" level the past two years. You also forget that FCK still are unseeded in Europe and fighting an uphill battle to qualify, in compare with clubs like Ajax or Celtic.

Secondly you mention Bulgaria and Israel as having produced better single results in the EC the past few years... To this I can only ask, how many players from Bulgaria and Israel do you think move abroad to play in the big leagues every season ?... When Rosenborg had their great European success by reaching the CL group stage I think 8 years in a row, they practically managed to keep and use the same key players in a period of 10 years and the team then "collapsed" in Europe when most of the players reached their mid 30's. So success in Europe is much about team/squad consistency and Danish top teams always lose so many of their key players that this kind of consistency is impossible.

You forget that while teams like Celtic and Rangers can afford to sign and keep the best players in Scotland, then ther is always a big export of players from the Danish league, which also mean that a team like Brøndby may look fairly good in Europe one season, just to lose players like Agger, Elmander and Kahlenberg the next season, before they get to show some real results in Europe.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by mjoni

Start a new thread for this or at least wait and see if FCK can make the CL group stage this year.

Anyone have any actual information about Atiba?

Did he played in today FCK game?

Also, anyone with news about Ali Gerba?

quote:Originally posted by mjoni

Start a new thread for this or at least wait and see if FCK can make the CL group stage this year.

Anyone have any actual information about Atiba?

No news about Atiba moving abroad... and to be honest, FCK are are not going to sell any of their key players just before a CL qualifier.

As for the CL tie itself, then the FCK team does not seem to be in top shape at the moment having lost their first game of the season and today also had to settle with a 1-1 draw against AaB in a match they easily could have lost. Atiba played the last 32 minutes and after the match a disappointed Coach Solbakken said that he dont think his team is quite ready to play CL qualifiers.

quote:Originally posted by Ceres

No news about Atiba moving abroad... and to be honest, FCK are are not going to sell any of their key players just before a CL qualifier.

As for the CL tie itself, then the FCK team does not seem to be in top shape at the moment having lost their first game of the season and today also had to settle with a 1-1 draw against AaB in a match they easily could have lost. Atiba played the last 32 minutes and after the match a disappointed Coach Solbakken said that he dont think his team is quite ready to play CL qualifiers.

Why hasn't Hutch been a starter in the first two matches of the season. Is he not one of the team's best players?

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by jonovision

Why hasn't Hutch been a starter in the first two matches of the season. Is he not one of the team's best players?

One possible explanation is that having played Gold Cup they gave him more time off, and he came back later to pre-season training. So perhaps he does not have his game pace back.

At first I thought that if he was going to be sold and the deal was close, the team buying had asked that he not play, so as to not risk injury. Quite a typical thing to do. But him playing 30 minutes today suggests they are easing him in, and since they are not scoring and he adds an attacking edge, I imagine they'll be using him more soon.

According to Glasgow Rangers official Culb website, then the Czech Rep. international (25 caps, 3 goals) Libor Sionko is now on his way FCK :

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,5~1080009,00.html

...and since Sionko is a Central midfielder/right winger with the same kind of qualities as Atiba, then I'm now quite sure FCK are expecting to sell Atiba in the near future, the problem ofcause being that the transfer deadline is right after the first leg of the Second CL qualifying round against Beitar on the 31 of July, so perhaps a deal may have to wait until the winter transfer window.

quote:Originally posted by CanadianSoccerFan

You'd have to think that Hutchinson playing in the qualifiers would lessen his value to any other teams involved in the champions league.

A very plausible explanation for his lack of playing time is that he may be transferring to another club in Champion's League and will not be playing for Copenhagen in the tournament in order to remain eligible for the new team. In such a case Copenhagen's coach would want to play the other players who would be playing in the CL. He did start today though so maybe there is another reason or maybe the team's poor play has forced the coach to use him.

quote:Originally posted by Grizzly

A very plausible explanation for his lack of playing time is that he may be transferring to another club in Champion's League and will not be playing for Copenhagen in the tournament in order to remain eligible for the new team. In such a case Copenhagen's coach would want to play the other players who would be playing in the CL. He did start today though so maybe there is another reason or maybe the team's poor play has forced the coach to use him.

I like this theory best. Let's hope it is the right one.

quote:Originally posted by Grizzly

I think this definitely reduces the chances that he will be transferred during this transfer window.

It does but that doesnt mean anything. There are more than enough good sides that are not playing Champs League.

I am wondering whether or not a move to the EPL would be good for Hutch? While the EPL is the best league in the world (in my opinion) he may be sitting on the bench for the majority of time like Stalteri is at Tottenham. Maybe it would be better if he moved to another competitive European team where he has the chance to start.

Cheers

quote:Originally posted by CanadianSwede

I am wondering whether or not a move to the EPL would be good for Hutch? While the EPL is the best league in the world (in my opinion) he may be sitting on the bench for the majority of time like Stalteri is at Tottenham. Maybe it would be better if he moved to another competitive European team where he has the chance to start.

Cheers

I agree, but then I cant really see more than a few of the absolute top teams in Germany being able to pay the kind of transfer fee FCK are demanding to get and the same goes for the other bigger leagues in Europe. Only in England the tranfer fee is not going to be a problem.

quote:Originally posted by jonovision

To be honest, with the present form Hutchinson is showing at the moment I doubt he will be playing at all when FCKs new right winger Libor Sionko is eligible to play. It was an absolute horrible performance by Hutchinson against Beitar...

I dont know what the Canadian NT did to Atiba, but since he returned to Denmark he has been in very poor shape and now seem far behind the other players in the FCK squad.

To be honest, with the present form Hutchinson is showing at the moment I doubt he will be playing at all when FCKs new right winger Libor Sionko is eligible to play. It was an absolute horrible performance by Hutchinson against Beitar...

I dont know what the Canadian NT did to Atiba, but since he returned to Denmark he has been in very poor shape and now seem far behind the other players in the FCK squad.

I doubt it was the fault of the NT. He played excellent at the Gold Cup. But I think he had some time off after that while other players were already in training camp so he is probably a few weeks behind the other players.

I watched this game on the internet feed and there was nothing wrong with Atiba's play. As usual, FCK had 2 or 3 superior players and a number of more mediocre players and Atiba was one of the superior players.

Archived