Hutchinson Rumours

Guest Can. in UK

quote:Originally posted by nolando

On one of the Newcastle supporters sites, somebody commented on Atiba's transfer,

"Not someone who plays for 3rd rate club & a fourth rate country"

OUCH!

Dealing with ignorant yobs seems to be part and parcel with playing in England. Maybe that is why they are one of the best paying leagues. Compensation for the yob factor.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to Atibas agent, Andreas Kirsch, then his price tag is DKK 45 million (= €6 million or just around £4 million)

http://www.tipsbladet.dk/index.php/news/show/id=136293

The price seem to be non-negotiable and I think a price tag like this just about rules out a move to the German Bundesliga and mid-table Spainsh La Liga clubs.. Your pretty much going to hang your hat on an English PL side, if he is to move abroad.

Hutch should try to play in Champion's League for one more season. If he turns heads for a second straight campaign he'll have top table EPL teams courting him, and then maybe we won't have to keep hearing about how David Edgar is the face of Canadian soccer.

Well I'm a Newcastle fan, and all the nastiness is a little surprising on this form. Whatever, I guess you've all got your reasons.

I don't think Newcastle would be good for Hutch. I wish I we're wrong, I'd love to have a midfield player I actually liked playing in the squad, but I don't think he'd be a starter. He needs to be a starter somewhere. The midfield is already full of people probablly just a level above Hutch who feel intitled to a starting birth. Emre, Butt, Dyer, and Barton will all expect to start, but of course there's only 2 spots. The above all have international caps for Euro teams, which probablly means something to them and the crowd.

I wouldn't mind seeing Hutch in the EPL but I think he'll have to go to a smaller club. Spurs, and the big 4 would have too many starters ahead of him. On the other hand, a small club or promotted club would likely allow lots of starts, but will the training and lessons be good enough to see him improve.

I think if he could find a solid middle club that's maybe just laking in the midfield at the moment, Everton maybe, Pompy who've been doing well, tough to say. I do like Everton as an option Cahill, Carsley, Arteta all have roles and they usually have 3 in the middle so he could slot in, fight for the start, maybe in a holding role, and build his skills/rep in the EPL.

^There's some talk that Spurs are looking for a CM, but I see what you're saying. If Adel Taarabt makes the team as an AM as opposed to an LM this season, Spurs absolutely won't sign Hutch. I wouldn't at all mind seeing him go to Portsmouth, Aston Villa (now that they ditched Baros, THANK GOD), Reading (who had a surprisingly good season last season) or perhaps even Bolton.

On the other hand, if he ends up on Wet Spam United or Blackburn Rovers, I'm going to punch myself. The chance of Arsenal signing him is smaller than that of me having a chance of dating my favourite actress, so I (along with all other Gooner-haters here) don't have to worry about that. :D

Ya I agree, after I posted I was looking at some of the prem line ups. Certainly Villa, Pompy, Reading or even Blackburn have room in the midfield for someone who'll run and run, clean up and knock it about. I was a bit surprised with the lack of depth at especially Everton and Villa, two bigger clubs. I think Hutch would have a good shot at a solid first team spot on either.

Yes Arsenal's with the other 3-4 top teams have so much in the middle it'd be pointless to join the dogfight for that mess, IMO.

Hutchinson seems to be going nowhere in this transfer window :

- "It just talk right now. Ther is nothing [going on]. I'm here and I'm happy, so I'm not in a hurry." Hutchinson said to Danish TV2 Sporten, refereing to the rumours about him leaving FCK.

---

In any case, as for now it's not bad for Atiba to stay at FCK and play Europa Cup. Tobias Linderoth who just moved to Galatasaray, said not long ago that FCK got a better team than the Everton team he left in 2004. Also Arsenals Niclas Bendtner (who has been training with FCK when he is in Denmark playing for the Danish NT) has said that he is quite impressed by the level at FCK and is sure this FCK team would do fairly well in the EPL..

So no doubt the training level at FCK is very good, but ofcause it would be better for Atiba to actually get to play in a better league against other teams of EPL quality.. I just dont see him moving to a mid-table German team and I think it is for good reason that he has refused all talk of a move to Celtic or Rangers and the Scottish PL.

Guest Jeffery S.

The only really odd thing is that post that implies his agent sets out what he is worth in the transfer market, which is never how things work. The market determines the value, and in England and other big leagues they pay a lot for players, too much in fact (Real Madrid just paid 30 million Euros for Pepe, which I think is a kind of dry white sherry).

FCK will sell if they see this is the good time to sell, that they can make their money now. But if they feel his value will hold up, they can still go for it at Xmas or next year. As for Atiba, him not being in a hurry could be part of his agent negotiating a salary increase. Because if there are serious offers for him at the right price and offering him a lot more money, FCK should either sell or raise his salary as a gesture of good will.

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

The only really odd thing is that post that implies his agent sets out what he is worth in the transfer market, which is never how things work. The market determines the value, and in England and other big leagues they pay a lot for players, too much in fact (Real Madrid just paid 30 million Euros for Pepe, which I think is a kind of dry white sherry).

No, his agent is actually complaining about FCK setting a fixed price at DKK 45 million, which in his opinion makes it difficult for him to find a club for Atiba.

Unlike other Scandinavian clubs, then FCK do not really need the money so they dont really care about what some English or German team think is the market value of a Canadian midfielder from the Danish League. If foreign clubs start showing interest, then Setting a more or less fixed price is actually how FCK usually work.. Then the foreign clubs can take it or leave it..

FCK will sell if they see this is the good time to sell, that they can make their money now. But if they feel his value will hold up, they can still go for it at Xmas or next year.

FCK all-in-all made €12 million on the CL group stage games last season, so for FCK it is not a good time to sell regular starters before the CL qualifiers. They have already sold and replaced their holding midfielder Tobias Linderoth and lost right back Lars Jacobsen when his contract expired this summer, so I dont think they really can "afford" more big changes in the starting 11 if they want success in Europe this season.

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

Hey Ceres, any word on a possible return to Denmark by Ali Gerba? He had a good Gold Cup, but last I heard the Swedish team that owns him wasn't interested in playing him.

Ali Gerbas short stint at AC Horsens seem to have done him well, looking at his Gold Cup performance and it has also been noticed in Denmark.

AC Horsens were not unhappy about him or anything, but they are the absolute most low budget team in the Danish Superliga and they said that IFK Göteborg were asking for quite alot om money to release him (probably thinking that Horsens are able to spend the same kind of money as most other Danish top-fligt teams and now also due to his Gold cup success). so Horsens dont feel they can afford to sign him, while I dont really know if any of the other Superliga teams are in that much a need of a forward right now, to pay the transfer fee IFK Göteborg are asking to get...

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by Ceres

No, his agent is actually complaining about FCK setting a fixed price at DKK 45 million, which in his opinion makes it difficult for him to find a club for Atiba.

Unlike other Scandinavian clubs, then FCK do not really need the money so they dont really care about what some English or German team think is the market value of a Canadian midfielder from the Danish League. If foreign clubs start showing interest, then Setting a more or less fixed price is actually how FCK usually work.. Then the foreign clubs can take it or leave it..

Thanks Ceres for clarifying that, it makes more sense. Just odd to hear it from the agent.

In any case, the question is good the offer would have to be for someone to carry him away. Half that price, 75%?

Ali Gerbas short stint at AC Horsens seem to have done him well, looking at his Gold Cup performance and it has also been noticed in Denmark.

AC Horsens were not unhappy about him or anything, but they are the absolute most low budget team in the Danish Superliga and they said that IFK Göteborg were asking for quite alot om money to release him (probably thinking that Horsens are able to spend the same kind of money as most other Danish top-fligt teams and now also due to his Gold cup success). so Horsens dont feel they can afford to sign him, while I dont really know if any of the other Superliga teams are in that much a need of a forward right now, to pay the transfer fee IFK Göteborg are asking to get...

Ok thanks for the update.

Thanks Ceres for clarifying that, it makes more sense. Just odd to hear it from the agent.

In any case, the question is good the offer would have to be for someone to carry him away. Half that price, 75%?

Well, I guess it also trouble his agent that the DKK 45 million is the price FCK are asking to get, and then you have to add a sign-on fee to Atiba and other kind of fees.. This is the usual way to do it in denmark, while in most of Europe the transfer-fee that is made public, also include the sign-on fee, agent fee and so on..

Toulouse made a bid apparently but the asking price was too high. There seems to be a lot of interest in him from quality teams but the hurdle is what FC Copenhagen is asking for as a transfer fee.

FC Copenhague : Hutchinson a la cote

Ignazio GENUARDI - vendredi 13 juillet 2007 - 08h54

Le milieu canadien du FC Copenhague, Atiba Hutchinson, a été approché par des clubs anglais et allemands.

Outre Anderlecht, des clubs anglais (Newcastle, West Ham) et allemands (Werder Brême, Stuttgart) songent également à Atiba Hutchinson (24 ans, FC Copenhague). En France, Toulouse aurait aussi pris des renseignements sur l'imposant milieu canadien mais le coût de l'opération semble rédhibitoire pour le Téfécé.

Toulouse would be perfect for him. They are playing Champions League Qualifiers...

And the French League is quite competitive as well. The only thing is that a part from Lyon all French teams suck in European Competitions...

quote:Originally posted by SCF08

Toulouse would be perfect for him. They are playing Champions League Qualifiers...

And the French League is quite competitive as well. The only thing is that a part from Lyon all French teams suck in European Competitions...

I'd have to agree there, especially considering Toulouse made a miraculous jump from 16th in 05-06 to 3rd in 06-07. They'll need a consistent, versatile guy like our Atiba to try to keep up now, because the pressure'll be on them big time in 07-08!

Although Lyon won the league in a walk, Marseille wasn't that far ahead of Toulouse and there were only ten points separating third from fifteenth (PSG) last season.

Hmmm... think kinda makes me wonder what the chances are of Atiba signing for Marseille now :D

Why not..?? FCK are a mediocre team in Europe and they are playing in a terrible league with no competition. The French league is much much stronger than the Danish and he would fit in perfectly at Toulouse. If he manages to get a bigger club his chances of first team football will be limited. At Toulouse he has got a realistic chance of actually playing 25+ games per season....

Guest Jeffery S.

Why not..?? FCK are a mediocre team in Europe and they are playing in a terrible league with no competition. The French league is much much stronger than the Danish and he would fit in perfectly at Toulouse. If he manages to get a bigger club his chances of first team football will be limited. At Toulouse he has got a realistic chance of actually playing 25+ games per season....

Toulouse is not at all a consistent team in top flight. They could just as easily relegate and making UEFA was very rare. I think too that the jump up is not enough. Marseille or a big club with a strong budget and real aspirations would be another story, and Marseille is a great team too.

Though the best is to go to a lower level team in a top league as the next transfer step would be to a UEFA quality team in a top league.

Why not..?? FCK are a mediocre team in Europe and they are playing in a terrible league with no competition.

I think that the Danish league actually is better than many foreigners may think... It may be a fairly mediocre league, but it's not terrible by European standards..

To get an evaluation from a player who has played at both Danish FC Midtjylland and the German Bundesliga side Borussia Mönchengladbach this past season then have a look at this :

http://forza.dk/index.php/news/show/id=136888

You can translate to English by using this tool :

http://visl.dk/trs/

Borussia Monchengladbach relegated last year so that player is comparing a relegation team in Germany to a top team in Denmark.

The Danish league is nothing in Europe. Danish teams are poor in Euro Competitions and you have a very small base of decent sides in your league. FCK is the only reasonable team but are poor in Europe.

It was a miracle they got to the CL last year. Although it was great for me to see as a Feyenoord Supporter lol... ;)

Borussia Monchengladbach relegated last year so that player is comparing a relegation team in Germany to a top team in Denmark.

The Danish league is nothing in Europe. Danish teams are poor in Euro Competitions and you have a very small base of decent sides in your league. FCK is the only reasonable team but are poor in Europe.

It was a miracle they got to the CL last year. Although it was great for me to see as a Feyenoord Supporter lol... ;)

FCK are better than the other teams in the Danish league no doubt, but you forget that they are a very young club with a short past history, which also is why they are still unseeded in Europe even in the qualifying rounds. Never the less they proved to be 100% on pair with Celtic in last seasons CL group stage, and not to forget in their debut season in the CL. You just find me another CL Group stage debutant being able to collect 7 points ?...

OB Odense is just as surely the 2nd best team in Denmark. They do not have quite as good a starting 11 as FCK, but their squad got more depth and quality, so they are regarded to be the only serious threat to FCK over a whole season. Last season they only finished 4th in the Danish league, perhaps because they lost their coach in mid season and seemed tired in the end due to their own success and many extra games in the Royal League, Danish Cup, Intertoto Cup + UEFA Cup, but they did eliminate Herta Berlin in the UEFA cup and btw also showed to be stronger than Heerenveen in every aspects of the game when they beat them 2-0 away in Holland in the UEFA Cup group stage.

Right behind OB Odense ther are 4 teams of equal strenght, FCM that finihed 2nd (and according to Thygesen play some better football and simply are training at a higher level at than Borussia Monchengladbach was last season), AaB (finished 3rd), FCN (5th) and Brøndby (6th). Then ther is a level or two down to the rest of the 6 teams in the league. But this doesnt change the fact that the top 6 teams in a 12 team league are at either at the same level or better than a bottom Bundesliga team like Borussia Monchengladbach, so all-in-all I wouldnt call this a terrible league by European standards, but more like a fairly mediocre league.. Perhaps this is also the reason why the UEFA cup results between Danish and German teams are fairly 50/50, both if you look at this past season or if you look 20 years back in time.

FCK are better than the other teams in the Danish league no doubt, but you forget that they are a very young club with a short past history, which also is why they are still unseeded in Europe even in the qualifying rounds. Never the less they proved to be 100% on pair with Celtic in last seasons CL group stage, and not to forget in their debut season in the CL. You just find me another CL Group stage debutant being able to collect 7 points ?...

OB Odense is just as surely the 2nd best team in Denmark. They do not have quite as good a starting 11 as FCK, but their squad got more depth and quality, so they are regarded to be the only serious threat to FCK over a whole season. Last season they only finished 4th in the Danish league, perhaps because they lost their coach in mid season and seemed tired in the end due to their own success and many extra games in the Royal League, Danish Cup, Intertoto Cup + UEFA Cup, but they did eliminate Herta Berlin in the UEFA cup and btw also showed to be stronger than Heerenveen in every aspects of the game when they beat them 2-0 away in Holland in the UEFA Cup group stage.

Right behind OB Odense ther are 4 teams of equal strenght, FCM that finihed 2nd (and according to Thygesen play some better football and simply are training at a higher level at than Borussia Monchengladbach was last season), AaB (finished 3rd), FCN (5th) and Brøndby (6th). Then ther is a level or two down to the rest of the 6 teams in the league. But this doesnt change the fact that the top 6 teams in a 12 team league are at either at the same level or better than a bottom Bundesliga team like Borussia Monchengladbach, so all-in-all I wouldnt call this a terrible league by European standards, but more like a fairly mediocre league.. Perhaps this is also the reason why the UEFA cup results between Danish and German teams are fairly 50/50, both if you look at this past season or if you look 20 years back in time.

It doesnt matter how many point you get in a CL season. FCK we're still bottom of their group. Odense BK same thing. They did beat Heerenveen but Odense ended 5th in the Uefa Cup group.

Randers and Brondby both were knocked out in the first round. That's poor and this happens every year to Danish teams so it's just a poor league. In 2005/2006 again no team got thru past the Uefa Cup group stage. And in 2004/2005 NO team didnt even qualify for the group stages.

Atiba Hutchinson should move away from FCK as quickly as possible and Toulouse would be perfect for him. Stronger team , stronger League and better for his development.

And I like Mikkel Thygessen optimism with Fc Midjiland so called better than Monchengladbach but they are a relegation team in Germany.

Archived