Toronto FC -Roster Dance

MM2

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by loyola

You're right, he was a junior but started only 5 games out of 22. I don,t think he'll be MLS material by his senior year but you never know.

Possibly not, but an interesting background, born in Poland lived in England and Canada moved to the US at age 7 and played for Canada's U-20.

Nothing official, but Jordan is a good source. Reasons to go to Montreal over TFC: A) TFC isn't interested B) More money with Montreal C) More playing time.

quote:Originally posted by canasoccer6

HEY guys not sure if this has been asked or brought up I have a question on Andrs Arango is he trying out for Toronto Fc Ive read somewhere else that he signed for Montreal Impact??? any news on this ??

Rumours in Norway have a "club in Canada" possibly interested in Scottish midfielder Charlie Miller. I'm assuming it's TFC as he's too good (and probably too expensive) for the Impact or Whitecaps. Belgian Lierse are also looking at him.

Miller played for Brann in the Norwegian Tippeligaen last year, and can play in the middle or right side of the midfield. He is excellent when he wants to be and can score from a distance, but is leaving Brann due to a falling out with the coach. Basically, he hated being subbed out or relegated to the bench for tactical reasons. He's got a bit of a temper and vented his displeasure to the media so many times the coach finally decided he was not worth the trouble.

The Brann fans, however, loved him as he was a joy to watch on the field.

It's worth noting that when he came to Brann he was badly out of shape and barely able to jog the length of the field, but the rigorous physical training employed by most Norwegian teams whipped him into shape.

Rick Titus?? Wow, I didnt know he was still playing pro soccer. Too bad the timing wasn't a little better for him personally. I mean, if TFC had formed aven three years ago he probably would have been a sure signing as at least a dependable veteran back-up. Wonder if he's still up to it? And if somebody thinks Titus is good enough for camp, then is Menezes also a possibility? To be honest, I wouldn't have though either of these names would have popped up on this thread, but Titus and Menezes can't be all the different in terms of current skill and fitness, or football life remaining.

The Red Bulls have announced the acquistion of GK Nick Rimando from RSL.

This gives RB three potential starting GKS and with the recent acquistion of Casey and possibly Lombardo by TFC, it appears a Conway for Eskandarian trade could be in the works. At the moment there doesn't appear to be a Canadian back-up who could replace Sutton when he is away with Canada and a bit of a glut at the forward postition.

quote:Originally posted by MM2

Nothing official, but Jordan is a good source. Reasons to go to Montreal over TFC: A) TFC isn't interested B) More money with Montreal C) More playing time.

I never said "A" just merely made a point.my source never said anything more then what i wrote but i assume a team like toronto FC has to be intrested in players like that.

How are TFC set at the left back position? American Ramiro Corrales is on his way back to NA from Norway (he's been denied a renewal of his work permit - don't ask).

Corrales is left footed, quite quick, and has a superb ability to send crosses into the box. He's also pretty good on free kicks and corners. His defensive positioning is good, and he's not at all afraid to join the attack. He's been primarlly used as a left back in Norway, but can also play effectively on the left side of the midfield.

quote:Originally posted by Start fan in exile

How are TFC set at the left back position? American Ramiro Corrales is on his way back to NA from Norway (he's been denied a renewal of his work permit - don't ask).

Corrales is left footed, quite quick, and has a superb ability to send crosses into the box. He's also pretty good on free kicks and corners. His defensive positioning is good, and he's not at all afraid to join the attack. He's been primarlly used as a left back in Norway, but can also play effectively on the left side of the midfield.

I imagine that TFC would choose between Pozniak and Brennan for LB. TFC is quite full with Americans right now, primarily as strikers. Assuming this guy is an older player, you would be proposing that TFC use a SI slot on a LB. American MLS clubs might go for him, but I don't think TFC would be interested.

MM2, great job with the list.

Just wanted to let you know that David Monsalve is not in Florida with TFC. No link but I have it on good authority.

I have no idea if he'll be invited back to future camps like Jamaal Smith and Jeff Gonsalves, or if he's looking elsewhere.

Thanks, he is on the U-20 roster for the Florida camp and since TFC has already had a look at him, he could still be in the running for a spot. And TFC will still get a good look at him when they scrimmage. (Conor Casey, I'm dipslexsick :D)

quote:Originally posted by Rudi

MM2, great job with the list.

Just wanted to let you know that David Monsalve is not in Florida with TFC. No link but I have it on good authority.

I have no idea if he'll be invited back to future camps like Jamaal Smith and Jeff Gonsalves, or if he's looking elsewhere.

He's being deported for playing without a work permit last season! [:I]

quote:Originally posted by jpg75

He's being deported for playing without a work permit last season! [:I]

Yup - seems he played the entire 2006 season without a permit; something Brann discovered after they went to help him renew his permit for 2007. Seems his old club - HamKam - negleted to remind him of the fact that in Norway foreigners have to renew their permit in person every year... Anyway, Ramiro left Norway a week ago, and is now back in the US.

It's now with the lawyers - apparently denial of a work permit is not a reason to nullify a tranfer according to FIFA, and so Brann could be on the hook for the transfer fee they agreed to with HamKam as well as Ramiro's salary for the duration of the 3-year contract they signed with him in January.

Anyway, he's and excellent left back, and would strengthen the starting lineup of any MLS team.

Yup - seems he played the entire 2006 season without a permit; something Brann discovered after they went to help him renew his permit for 2007. Seems his old club - HamKam - negleted to remind him of the fact that in Norway foreigners have to renew their permit in person every year... Anyway, Ramiro left Norway a week ago, and is now back in the US.

It's now with the lawyers - apparently denial of a work permit is not a reason to nullify a tranfer according to FIFA, and so Brann could be on the hook for the transfer fee they agreed to with HamKam as well as Ramiro's salary for the duration of the 3-year contract they signed with him in January.

Anyway, he's and excellent left back, and would strengthen the starting lineup of any MLS team.

If they are on the hook for the transfer and his salary, he is their property for the next 3 years and cannot play in MLS unless his rights are sold.

quote:Originally posted by jpg75

If they are on the hook for the transfer and his salary, he is their property for the next 3 years and cannot play in MLS unless his rights are sold.

That sounds about right, but I bet the transfer fee wouldn't be very much! If all this info is correct, then he can spend the next two years sitting on his ass in the US collecting a paycheck for doing nothing. MLS can probably consider the Norweigan club to be a "motivated seller".

BTW, I don't want him for TFC. Not only could there be a lack of ingelligence in this case, but I also like the idea of a "Canadian Shield" with an all-Canadian defence (Boyens being the occassional exception). I also would not want to waste an SI slot on a LB.

I have to admit that I am still confused by the MLS' Soviet Central Planning system as it relates to salaries and player budgets. From what little I know, there seems to be atleast two significant barriers to securing this player's rights. One is transfer fees and the second is the likely higher salary that this player is entitled to under the contract signed. It may be that he will have to find another club somewhere else in Europe during the summer.

quote:Originally posted by KAS

That sounds about right, but I bet the transfer fee wouldn't be very much! If all this info is correct, then he can spend the next two years sitting on his ass in the US collecting a paycheck for doing nothing. MLS can probably consider the Norweigan club to be a "motivated seller".

BTW, I don't want him for TFC. Not only could there be a lack of ingelligence in this case, but I also like the idea of a "Canadian Shield" with an all-Canadian defence (Boyens being the occassional exception). I also would not want to waste an SI slot on a LB.

I have to admit that I am still confused by the MLS' Soviet Central Planning system as it relates to salaries and player budgets. From what little I know, there seems to be atleast two significant barriers to securing this player's rights. One is transfer fees and the second is the likely higher salary that this player is entitled to under the contract signed. It may be that he will have to find another club somewhere else in Europe during the summer.

quote:Originally posted by KAS

Archived