Toronto FC -Roster Dance

MM2

Classic example. Thiago of the Chicago Fire. His profile on the Chicago Fire website is a little evasive. Thiago left a club called Ginásio Pinhalense de Esportes Atléticos of Sao Paulo in 2004 to try out with the Fire. In 2004, that club was at the the fifth level of the Sao Paulo State Leagues which is the lowest professional level in Sao Paulo. That doesn't mean that Thiago is not a good player, but it does mean that there are thousands of players that were playing at a higher level than him in 2004 when he came to MLS. And there is no need to use the designated player rule to get one of these players.

quote:Originally posted by franx

Good Point Jeffrey, but I dont know how much money these guys are making in argentina and brazil.....i just can't imagine that it is over MLS salary.....might be though. But then you see the impact being able to get 2 guys from argentina, not stars, but still first division players who could easily play at MLS level....I understand that they are not worth it for MLS, but I would think that Veron or Riquelme would.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Srdjan Djekanovic G moved to developmental roster.

The MLS salaries thread shows his salary at $17,700.00, which is maximum for a developmental roster spot. Removed G David Monsalve as hiis name hasn't appeared anywhere, despite several rumours that he had been signed.

This leaves two open senior spots on the roster and two developmental spots.

According to the MLSnet.com game preview section, Nana Attakora-Gyan (Canada-U20)and

Cristian Nuñez (Canada-U20) have been signed to developmental contracts, though they don't show up on the MLS rosters.

quote:Originally posted by franx

..... But then you see the impact being able to get 2 guys from argentina, not stars, but still first division players who could easily play at MLS level.....

Marinelli with the KC Wizz is another example. Previously with Boca Juniors. But indications are that he was a star down there since he was under the same conditions as Beckham.

National Team appearances added. Kotschau to Real Salt Lake. They should get a late supplemental pick unless TFC let him go on a free.

Chris Pozniak National Team Appearances added.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Kenny Stamatopoulos added to the senior roster. TFC does not have to drop a player as there was one spot open on the Senior roster. One vacancy remains on the developmental roster.

10-08-07 Expansion Draft added

15-08-07 Calvin Rosario added to In-season trial list

• 5 weeks later...

Archived