Toronto FC -Roster Dance

MM2

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But that would give us 19 senior roster spots (5YI+7I+7Can=19) therefore we are one over the senior roster limit.

quote:Originally posted by jpg75

Correct! Wynne is the 6th YI and Dichio will be the 7th SI

quote:Originally posted by MM2

Richard Mulrooney traded to Houston for defender Kevin Goldthwaite.

And a first round draft pick.....which is what we originally gave up for Mulrooney.

Good move since we had a glut of d-mid's & Mulrooney didn't want to play in Canada, apparently.

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

And a first round draft pick.....which is what we originally gave up for Mulrooney.

Good move since we had a glut of d-mid's & Mulrooney didn't want to play in Canada, apparently.

Take this for what it's worth, and it might not be much, but when I interviewed him on Tuesday, Mulrooney had nothing but nice things to say about Canada, and said he really liked Toronto - and he offered this to me voluntarily without me asking him what he thought of the city.

He said he had been out walking in the High Park area and was generally impressed with the city, and that his wife was coming up that day from Texas.

quote:Originally posted by Loud Mouth Soup

No. He realized he had more forwards than he needed and not enough defenders. That's how I see it, anyway.

I would agree that he did not have enough defenders, but why the heck would he sign Danny Dichio in the first place, who is a striker? Why did he not try and sign a striker as opposed to trading Casey?

I guess he is a lot smarter then me, but still...

quote:Originally posted by Jamit

I would agree that he did not have enough defenders, but why the heck would he sign Danny Dichio in the first place, who is a striker? Why did he not try and sign a striker as opposed to trading Casey?

He picked up Casey thinking he could extort lots out of Colorado, the move back fired. He picked up Dichio because he was working on trading Casey. He had to sign Dichio prior to the window closing on April 15th, so he pulled the trigger and forced his own hand in getting less from Colorado then he was hoping for...or maybe they just weren't biting anyways.

quote:Originally posted by Jamit

So Mo signed Casey with trading him in mind. Interesting. Was that a common known fact when Casey came over and I missed it? Is it a fact now or are you just stating the obvious?

It was a rumour, Colorado had made a bid for him and then TFC swooped in with their allocation which was ahead of Colorados'. But then TFC held on to him for a few weeks and i guess we all thought we'd keep him and then this happens...

Archived